• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

I do use T.Hawk, but the match is in Hornswaggle's Blanka's favor! Luckily, I know the matchup so I can sometimes make Cena-like comebacks.

Pretty sure that even with the match up in my favour you'd be able to job me out Ryback style.
I'd put up a valiant Swagger demise.

T Hawk is so easy to beat. Are you kidding me, Nocturnowl?
I had a few horrifying SSF4 online experiences, i'll never get over them, I can still hear the horror, it sounds like the words "Condor dive" being used over and over.
Actually that one match wasn't so bad but I did not have good times for the most part with that guy.

Wait, are we playing Street Fighter?

Because I will wreck you all in AE.
You ova there, but I'm ova here.

8r1tc.gif

MisterHero

Holy shit. She's like a real-life version of a Rob Liefeld drawing.
Off-topic but Trish is one of those Pamela Anderson-types that were so popular in the 90s and every female those 90s artists drew were based on her. And Brigette Nielsen. It doesn't explain the bad drawing but it does explain where some of the crazy proportions came from lol.

trish still does good work unlike others >_>

He's a great heel IMO.

Can't wait to call him crap when he becomes popular.

You people constantly say this and I'm convinced you're missing the point. People don't turn on wrestlers when they get popular, they turn on them when they get boring. In the WWE, becoming champ or turning face means you become boring. It's hilarious that the "IWC" has been branded as hipster fans or something like the evidence isn't right there in front of you EVERY MONDAY NIGHT ON WWE RAW® 1000 SUPERSHOW™, 9 8PM EST, USA NETWORK, CHARACTERS WELCOME™.

Sokantish

You people constantly say this and I'm convinced you're missing the point. People don't turn on wrestlers when they get popular, they turn on them when they get boring. In the WWE, becoming champ or turning face means you become boring. It's hilarious that the "IWC" has been branded as hipster fans or something like the evidence isn't right there in front of you EVERY MONDAY NIGHT ON WWE RAW® 1000 SUPERSHOW™, 9PM EST, USA NETWORK, CHARACTERS WELCOME™.

493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

What do you mean YOU people? And it's 8PM EST, you hipster!

You people constantly say this and I'm convinced you're missing the point. People don't turn on wrestlers when they get popular, they turn on them when they get boring. In the WWE, becoming champ or turning face means you become boring. It's hilarious that the "IWC" has been branded as hipster fans or something like the evidence isn't right there in front of you EVERY MONDAY NIGHT ON WWE RAW® 1000 SUPERSHOW™, 9 8PM EST, USA NETWORK, CHARACTERS WELCOME™.

I'm fairly certain that Chikara characters, Kane, and El Generico are the only people in wrestling who don't become more boring as faces.
If anyone has evidence to the contrary please share

Kyoufu

What are you talking about?

Popularity and boring go hand in hand in the WWE. Nothing I said was wrong at all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

You know, when Punk returned, Cena did a good job doing the little things right, which is a rarity for him (and of course, it happened when it didn't add or remove from thesegment).

Usually, in wrestling, when unknown music plays, and no one appears on the ramp, it means ambush. So Cena's looking all around him in every direection until Punk shows up from the Gorilla position. If only he did little thing right during his matches and promos, we might not hate him so much :(

I'm fairly certain that Chikara characters, Kane, and El Generico are the only people in wrestling who don't become more boring as faces.
If anyone has evidence to the contrary please share

Currently Austin Aries, James Storm, AJ Styles, Sting, and Kurt Angle all work well as faces. All time- The Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, HBK post-Jesus, Ricky Steamboat, Eddie Guerrero all worked.

*Yes those current faces all being TNA wrestlers makes me a hipster, it's not the WWE's fault at all. I didn't even get into Japanese stuff where the faces are allowed to be more than punching bags until the comeback.

What are you talking about?

Popularity and boring go hand in hand in the WWE. Nothing I said was wrong at all.

So you weren't taking shots at the thread with that "can't wait to call him crap" remark?

Don't lie. C'mon now, just admit it.

GaimeGuy

you guys just dont remember wha it is like to be a kid root for the good guys. you probably think Power Rangers is boring.

Power rangers was awesome.

And I stopped watching Power Rangers around Zeo, which means I had 3-4 years of overcoming the odds (going by 1 episode per week)

Cena's been overcoming the odds for, what, 7, 8 years?

When Hogan was wrdsttling you didn't have 13 PPVs per year and 1 televised event every week that he showed up on.

He showed up on maybe 1 TV event per month and 1/3rd of the PPVs, at most. So 7-8 years of Cena is comparatively similar to 25-30 years of Hulkamania in terms of exposure.

That said, Hogan could tell a story in the ring and cut a promo that made you hyped up. And Hulking Up was PART of him. Cena just, well, overcomes the odds and no sells.

The thing about Cena's character that's unlikeable is that he's just not interesting.

He's just a good guy with no other personality than "being the underdog" when he clearly isn't the underdog. Now, when he first started out with his Basic Thuganomics gimmick, he had something going for him. Hell, I remember actually being a fan.

But now he's just stale.

GaimeGuy

The thing about Cena's character that's unlikeable is that he's just not interesting.

He's just a good guy with no other personality than "being the underdog" when he clearly isn't the underdog. Now, when he first started out with his Basic Thuganomics gimmick, he had something going for him. Hell, I remember actually being a fan.

But now he's just stale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnWCHLgZ2Ss

This was at ECW ONS 2006, about a year after the crowd had started turning on Cena.

Hell, cena gets booed in his hometown.

G-Fex

But now he's just stale.

Just like Sonic

Kyoufu

So you weren't taking shots at the thread with that "can't wait to call him crap" remark?

Don't lie. C'mon now, just admit it.

What. No I did it with Sheamus and Bryan (though I did like him eventually) and I started to go sour on Punk until he tweeted Rock. lol

As somebody who likes to call people wrestling hipsters, I'd just like to break kayfabe and say most of that was a work and a joke. Just the thought of there being hipster wrestling fans makes me laugh. I don't actually think anyone actually hates people when they get popular.

The only person I might call a hipster is Heavy. He's on that Armond White level of hipsterism, where he unconditionally praises what so many more people find bad.

What. No I did it with Sheamus and Bryan (though I did like him eventually) and I started to go sour on Punk until he tweeted Rock. lol

K5KlY.jpg

Though you've presented some solid evidence to the jury, using the word "popular" in your original statement is sufficient grounds for possible "snark." My retort stands. Case Closed.

Watch your wording 'fore you end up in mah courtroom again.

Wrecked®

That ECW crowd tore Cena apart, haha.

I mean, I understand the guy does a lot for the company and stuff but boy is his character stale. From his in ring work, to his jokes on the mic.

Top Bottom