• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

mrgwP.jpg

Cena made his television debut answering an open challenge by Kurt Angle on June 27, 2002.

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk gets the script before the show starts, one could assume that he would've seen AJ had a match. Should have at least watched the match, totally had it coming.

bangai-o

Banned
why would he be on the phone DURING raw anyway? its always dumb how wrestlers always have something else going on in their life just so happening within the two our timeframe of Monday nights.

bangai-o

Banned
you would think someone would say "oh my friend who is a wrestler works on live national television every monda nite. maybe ill wait till later to call"

Aiii

So not worth it
In a perfect world Bryan wins the WWE title at MitB and Jericho wins the briefcase, those two would have an amazing feud.

McNei1y

you would think someone would say "oh my friend who is a wrestler works on live national television every monda nite. maybe ill wait till later to call"

But what about that moment at work when someone you know whether its a family member or friend calls and you enjoy every moment of that cause work sucks1!!!

but yea totally agree. its two hours (three hours soon!!) out of their lives. Call them on the road.

McNei1y

In a perfect world Bryan wins the WWE title at MitB and Jericho wins the briefcase, those two would have an amazing feud.

Thank you! It would be downright amazing and would probably be the best thing I'll see in long time on wrestling!

bangai-o

Banned
that alwas bugged me about Hollywood Hogan. why were we always waiting for Hogan to show up? why was there alwas a camera crew waiting to cach his limo upon arrival? shouldnt Hogan have already bee at the stadium. just one friggin day out of the week yu couldnt show up to work on time? everyone in the NWO did that crap. Here comes another limo its.... Curt Hennig. Oh look here comes another one its Nash andHall. so stupid. just come to work at 6 eastern. every week. exact same schedule. how hard was thatto do?

Aiii

So not worth it
Again, family trumps AJ.

ALWAYS.

Talking on the phone with your sister while AJ has a match trumps watching the damn match for a few minutes?

Could've called his sister after the match, before the match, before the show, after the show, later that night or whenever.

No matter how you turn it, unless his sister had some kind of emergency (didn't exactly seem like a "omg I was in a car crash and now I'm in the hospital" kind of call, did it?) it's kinda a dick move to not take the few minutes to watch the match really.

Talking on the phone with your sister while AJ has a match trumps watching the damn match for a few minutes?

Could've called his sister after the match, before the match, before the show, after the show, later that night or whenever.

No matter how you turn it, unless his sister had some kind of emergency (didn't exactly seem like a "omg I was in a car crash and now I'm in the hospital" kind of call, did it?) it's kinda a dick move to not take the few minutes to watch the match really.

Maybe she called him and needed to talk about something, sister to brother.

You AJ fans are completely selfish!

McNei1y

Maybe she called him and needed to talk about something, sister to brother.

You AJ fans are completely selfish!

Sis Punk: "Hey bro, I need to talk. I know you're at work and all, but this is important!"
CM Punk: "Sure, I have nothing important going on right now!"

That's the way I see it. He didn't even know about the match!

Aiii

So not worth it
He gets the script, the match was not impromptu, he knew about the match.

Btw, was it just me or was last nights crowd just godawful?

Aiii

So not worth it
Fucking crickets for half the show? Hell, even DDP came down the ring to dead silence. They redeemed themselves with a short DDP chant, but that's it.

bangai-o

Banned
Fucking crickets for half the show? Hell, even DDP came down the ring to dead silence. They redeemed themselves with a short DDP chant, but that's it.
this crowed was louder than typical Raw. They chanted thru all the matches i watched. i did skip the tag match and the hentai match though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Must've been me then, thought they were pretty silent throughout.

Anyways, I did dig the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fubt6VdN6Rs

Apparently AJ does the filing when she's not eating roses or pushing Punk through tables. Though I doubt I'd get any office work done if AJ was running around in her ring gear.

Striker

Looked up and saw the Doink, Heath Slater, and DDP segment. Like last week and the week before, Cole and Lawler are fucking giggling and laughing trying to explain what he's done and what he's doing now. These two are god awful.

Don't care if the crowd pops for them or not. They pop for Santino and Hornswaggle but not actual wrestlers. There's your problem there. Programmed by Vince and ten years of Cena.

So Kane and Big Show, how many times in a year do I have to see a short segment of both men strolling menacingly down a corridor with the exciting news of yet another entry into the never ending saga, I swear it's like the second most common Raw match behind Ziggler/Kofi. It's even worse when Big Show's the one winning, at least he hurt his shoulder spearing iron man Kane.

I'm usually not one to praise the AJ stuff that much but each of her segments were like the only high points of Raw, she's developed an enjoyable character. Also Jericho seems to have regained his charisma powers.

But that Raw was just bleh ( shocking I know), I was getting hyped for Sin Cara/Del Rio and the fact that their styles might actually mesh well, instead Sin Cara just gets chumped out.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
this crowed was louder than typical Raw. They chanted thru all the matches i watched. i did skip the tag match and the hentai match though.
"CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO CULERO"

Kyoufu

Thank you! It would be downright amazing and would probably be the best thing I'll see in long time on wrestling!

No, the only thing that will happen is you and the rest of the Daniel Bryan fans here turning on him when he's the champion.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Punks entire character was assassinated when he got the belt. So unless they plan to feed Bryan to HHH's ego or have him get trashed like the Miz did during his champion run, I think I'll (mostly) be fine.

A world where Vader gets a bigger pop then DDP is a sad sad place to live in.

Why? I'm pretty sure Vader has been a consistently bigger draw throughout his career than DDP - hell, 60,000 people paid to see him wrestle Inoki in 1996, they made something like five and a half million from the hype from that match alone.

I still cant get over how much DDP's face aged after leaving wrestling.

Did he wear a bunch of makeup during his latter WWE days or something because he looks a little zombie ish now a days.

I know he was pretty old when he started in WCW. mid 30's? and was into his 40's by the time he went to the E. I guess he is somewhere into his 50's now.

Brinbe

Okay, when he turns into a face champion and starts chanting yes with all the kids.

As long as he doesn't get lazy in the ring or in his promos, I think the reaction on here will be fine. That's definitely where some of the Punk backlash came from, along with the Cenafication of his actions/insults.

I had to laugh when they FINALLY listened to me about Layla's music and changed it, and it still sucks.

Re AJs theme: Yea just finished watching Raw and again its my first thought, its just always on loop, forever in my head. Raaaaaaaaaaw isssssssssssss AJ-icoooooo! Had to lol when it went back to Sheamus just standing there going "haha, whats a story line??????" *walks off*

Ithil

Looked up and saw the Doink, Heath Slater, and DDP segment. Like last week and the week before, Cole and Lawler are fucking giggling and laughing trying to explain what he's done and what he's doing now. These two are god awful.

Don't care if the crowd pops for them or not. They pop for Santino and Hornswaggle but not actual wrestlers. There's your problem there. Programmed by Vince and ten years of Cena.

Cole did his bipolar thing again. Doink came out and he was all "Ha, remember ____ and ____ with Doink? Crazy times" and then was talking about something King did with him back in the day, when he debuted, etc.

Then, 2 minutes later, before the match ended, he was suddenly like "Pfft, can you BELIEVE this guy got over? A clown? Come on, how stupid!".

It was obviously someone (Vince) had yelled in his ear to bury the segment during the match, I assume so that we'd feel "yeah this is a lame return" before DDP showed up to make it better. Kind of a pointless trolling.

Oh my goodness, Serena was so amazing. The things I wanted to do..... but thats not PG and now shes gone. :(

I don't even understand why DDP, he is awesome but hardly relevant to a Raw celebration lol. All it does is remind us how piss-poor the RKO looks. DDP still hits the Diamond Cutter like a pro.

Can't be that hard to find some old guy who was on Raw for a bit more significantly. :\

Also for those who thought todays mixed tag match was 'random', make sure you tune in to see what that doodle-stained clamballoon Teddy has planned for Smackdown lol. HUGE CHEMISTRY IN THAT TEAM! :|

Top Bottom