• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

DKehoe

So HHH called Bruno Sammartino to try and get him to be the main inductee for the next hall of fame. Apparently he tried to convince Bruno by saying "think of the pop you will get!" Not surprisingly it didn't work on Bruno.

jmdajr

This night hasn't gone too great. I think I have some things to think over.

Even Raw sucked in perspective. Except for DDP and maybe AJ.

Ah well, at least girls gymnastics will cheer me up.

024_yuugi_crying.jpg

Sorry man, need a hug?

Toplle H's is doing the job for Bork, I hate that egomaniac's shit just as much as anyone else (ruined my CM Punk :( ) but trust me.... it is happening.

Kyoufu

RAW is way better these days. I can tune in for the opening segment, then turn it off and not think about it until the next episode. Good stuff Vince.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
RAW is way better these days. I can tune in for the opening segment, then turn it off and not think about it until the next episode. Good stuff Vince.

With WWE's obsession with 'tags' I'm surprised WWE doesn't let me just search #dolphziggler, so I can avoid the rest of Raw.

somedevil

I find the whole AJ angle interesting that people love it or hate it. I've read reviews loving the angle while others don't like it at all.

It's unique how watch the same thing and get totally opposite ideas out of it. The funniest is Wai Ting who finds the angle creepy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find the whole AJ angle interesting that people love it or hate it. I've read reviews loving the angle while others don't like it at all.

It's unique how watch the same thing and get totally opposite ideas out of it. The funniest is Wai Ting who finds the angle creepy.

Fuckin Wai. He cracks me up.

jmdajr

The fact that hey feel something means it's successful to me.

Serena was crazy
tumblr_m6e2zctyfh1r2gyzrbz.jpg

crazy hot
OMG she's wearing an Indiana shirt. Hotness +1,000,000 Desire +500,000

I want to apologize to the King of Games for having to ditch the WTF Show while he was making me into a unicorn. I was looking forward to hanging out, but I didn't realize the party started so late. The curse of being on the East Coast and working 10 hour days. :(

Watched Raw this morning. Thought it was pretty good, other than Teddy apparently just giving up and going tag match crazy. They worked out well in the end though. I was kind of hoping that AJ would swerve back to Bryan, and I'm still hoping she gets to face Layla for the Diva's Championship at MitB. Would be great for her and Bryan to walk out as champions together.

Bowser

According to PW Insider:

Mark Henry
and
Rey Mysterio
are both penciled in to return at Raw 1000. WWE is holding their returns off until 7/23 to add additional impact to the three hour Raw expansion. They want all hands on deck that night and anything that can make the first show more memorable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wai Thing is great.

But the thing I see is most people like AJ, but are either feeling the angle is taking up too much time or are dissapointed Punk and Bryan don't get a single match without interference. I get what they're saying, though I don't particularly agree with it. Wrestling is storyline-based, we had a straight-up bout already (not counting their Raw matches earlier in the year) two PPV's ago, so if they get 20 minutes and an angle-based ending for the last few minutes I'm just as fine.

Also, I don't get the "this feud should be about the title" discussion (that happens more often), how boring would wrestling be if it was just about the title all the time. The match is still about the title, just the storyline surrounding it isn't. Bryan still wants to be WWE Champion badly, and if he has to kiss AJ's butt to get it, he will. That's good enough for me. If all feuds were, YOU HAVE THE TITLE AND I WANT IT! I would be bored out of my mind two weeks into the feud.

But hey, to each his own. One has to respect the work AJ has put in, and I can understand that if you're not digging the character as much as somebody like me is that these past shows with alot of AJ-segments are a bit of a downer.

HBK has the lord in his life, he doesn't need that kinda stuff anymore!

AJ's "Yes!"'s are starting to sound like a little dog barking lol, especially when shes running and doing them.

The highlight for me was far and away D-Bry and Jericho going at it with their catch phrases lol, f**k it give Bryan the belt then feed him to Cena then let him and Jericho go on a comedy club tour. I'd go! Just skip Brazil and they'll be fine.

6th team announced for CHIKARA - King of Trios 2012;

i6b3f3gIzs2kY.jpg

Team JWP join The Extreme Trio (Tommy Dreamer, Jerry Lynn & Too Cold Scorpio), F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano & Icarus), The Batiri (Kobald, Obariyon & Kodama), The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) & The Throwbacks (Mr. Touchdown, Dasher Hatfield & Matt Classic), with a probable 10 more teams to be announced.

Hoping for Team ROH, Team PWG, Team Dragon Gate and some more Japanese teams. DDT, Osaka, Michinoku, BJW, etc.

for real, how did this happen?

too many side Russian leg sweeps?

For storyline purposes lets pretend it was when Jericho brutally mauled his eye, but as for the real answer I have no idea.

Hey remember how that feud had that unsanctioned match at Unforgiven which had no rules only to end abruptly because HBK was beating Jericho into oblivion which kind of goes against the entire no rules point, but Jericho was also well enough later in the night to win the WHC by inserting himself into the Scramble match after champion Punk was pointlessly removed from the equation backstage by Orton for no real reason in a plot that wasn't followed up on until last year.
And also HHH fought off such devastating smackdown stars as THE Brian Kendrick in the SD scramble....my word that ppv was a mess, oddly memorable but an absolute mess. On a side note Kendrick is one of the few wrestlers I just outright dislike.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
For storyline purposes lets pretend it was when Jericho brutally mauled his eye, but as for the real answer I have no idea.

He has always had it. you can spot it if you look at his old promos from the 90s. Just not as much.

We'll say the drugs helped mask it :p

Some big matches signed for the Dragon Gate USA iPPVs later this month;

July 28th, Untouchable 2012, Taylor, MI - http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-07-28-12.html;

. Open the Freedom Gate Title Match; Johnny Gargano (c) vs Akira Tozawa
. CIMA & AR Fox vs El Generico & Samuray del Sol

July 29th; Enter the Dragon 2012: Third Anniversary Celebration, Chicago, IL - http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-07-29-12.html;

. Open the United Gate Title Decision Match; CIMA & AR Fox vs Ricochet & Rich Swann
. Akira Tozawa vs El Generico

Damn, all four of those look great on paper, definitely buying both iPPVs.

Aiii

So not worth it
Next Tuesday’s SmackDown TV Tapings Cancelled

WWE sent out the following on Tuesday announcing that next Tuesday’s SmackDown taping from the World Arena in Colorado Springs has been cancelled due to the ongoing wildfires in the area. WWE will now hold a double taping on Monday from the Pepsi Center in Denver:

WWE® CANCELS SMACKDOWN® EVENT ON JULY 10 AT WORLD ARENA

STAMFORD, Conn., July 3, 2012 – Due to the Waldo Canyon fire, WWE (NYSE: WWE) SmackDown on Tuesday, July 10 at World Arena in Colorado Springs has been canceled. Refunds for tickets purchased for this event are available at point of purchase starting at 10:00 a.m. today.

To offer support to those families affected by the wildfires, WWE will be donating $10,000 to the American Red Cross, which is assisting in local relief efforts. Additional donations can be made by calling 303-722-7474 or by visiting ColoradoRedCross.org/donate.

On Monday, July 9, the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO will host both Monday Night Raw and SmackDown. Tickets can be purchased at the Pepsi Center box office or at http://www.Tickethorse.com.

Can you imagine if that happened on a night after they move to 3 hours? That would be 5 hours of shit, and that's not including all the pre-show stuff.

ecurbj

So both RAW and SmackDown will be recorded on next Monday? Damn. That is to much. So how will that work for the WWE Universe? Is it going to be a SuperShow with RAW and SmackDown or to separate shows?

Jamie OD

Just had an idea. What if one of the MitB winners cashes in the contract after Punk Vs Bryan and AJ is forced to be the ref and count the pin.

OK, just remembered Kane is in one of the MitB matches. It all makes sense now!

Wait, did someone here mention that idea already? I'm not in the mood to look back at the rest of the thread.

Just had an idea. What if one of the MitB winners cashes in the contract after Punk Vs Bryan and AJ is forced to be the ref and count the pin.

Wait, did someone here mention that idea already? I'm not in the mood to look back at the rest of the thread.

Why would AJ be forced to ref?

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Lol, you think the WWE is that smart with this storyline? They're speeding it up to get to Cena/Punk.

Kane doesn't want her, man. Let it go, lol.

Wouldn't it be funny if Cena cashes it, but she refuses to count, so he ends up losing?

Aiii

So not worth it
Normally they bring their own ref's along to cash in. Besides, as a special guest ref, I doubt you're allowed to act outside of that match as a ref.

Normally they bring their own ref's along to cash in. Besides, as a special guest ref, I doubt you're allowed to act outside of that match as a ref.

Basically this. Do you know the amount of paperwork it takes just to allow someone who doesn't own a regular referee's license to special guest ref in one match? There's no way they would include any clause in a Money In The Bank contract which would make provisions to allow for AJ to make the count.

What a ridiculous notion.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Basically this. Do you know the amount of paperwork it takes just to allow someone who doesn't own a regular referee's license to special guest ref in one match? There's no way they would include any clause in a Money In The Bank contract which would make provisions to allow for AJ to make the count.

What a ridiculous notion.
Maybe she interferes and stops the count? Who knows?

I wonder how they'll get to Punk/Cena at SS. Who will Bryan face? Where am I? Who's got my false teeth?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So you're saying Cena is going to run in with Robinson over his shoulder? I can live with that.

Oh my goodness, Serena was so amazing. The things I wanted to do..... but thats not PG and now shes gone. :(

I don't even understand why DDP, he is awesome but hardly relevant to a Raw celebration lol. All it does is remind us how piss-poor the RKO looks. DDP still hits the Diamond Cutter like a pro.

Can't be that hard to find some old guy who was on Raw for a bit more significantly. :\

Also for those who thought todays mixed tag match was 'random', make sure you tune in to see what that doodle-stained clamballoon Teddy has planned for Smackdown lol. HUGE CHEMISTRY IN THAT TEAM! :|

He was pretty relevant to the wrestling industry though.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!
But it wont happen and Wrasslegaf would cry if it did, bonus tears for if D Bryne was the winner getting cashed in on.
Well except that may happen anyway except with good old Cena.

Actually what do we expect Cena to do with his money in the suitcase when he no doubt wins it? a sneaky cash in viewed as heroic because it's on a heel? (see above).
Or a Punk rematch for Summerslam where Cena does an RVD and specifies a match using his case?

Wild card theory: Part of me has a terrifying feeling that WWE aren't done with Show/Cena, Show wins the case, takes the belt back from a newly crowned Bryan as a callback to how Bryan won it off Show at TLC and then Cena is somehow the one facing Show at Summerslam because he's the only one who can stop the Big Show and wins the belt as well, Show plummets down the card in Kane like fashion.

Top Bottom