• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Did we talk about this?

"It wasn’t a good night for Raw last night, as viewership hit a near-record low and the 18 – 49 rating fell as well. The episode averaged 3.463 million viewers and a 1.11 demo rating, down 6% and 8% from last week’s 3.671 million and 1.21 demo rating. The viewership is the second-lowest rating for a non-holiday episode, ahead of only the December 3rd, 2012 episode. Meanwhile, the demo was the lowest since the May 4th episode drew a 1.1.

The show ranked third among cable shows for the night, behind Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta (2.966 million, 1.56 demo rating) and Discovery Channel’s Street Outlaws (2.676 million, 1.14 demo rating). The hourly numbers are below:

8 PM: 3.362 million (1.08 demo rating)
9 PM: 3.544 million (1.14 demo rating)
10 PM: 3.482 million (1.10 demo rating)"

kiguel182

I come to the wrestling thread to find out that Connor vs Aldo is no more.

What a bummer. I was so hyped for that. Ugh.

There's a whole bunch of matches from the ROH/New Japan shows up on NJPW World. Also, I didn't realise 7/12 is also an iPPV for Dragon Gate - big month for Japanese wrestling;

Dragon Gate, "GATE OF PASSION", 2015/07/02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

0. Shachioko BOY vs Kenichiro Arai
1. U-T, Yosuke Santa Maria, Kotoka & El Lindaman vs Gamma, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin & Mike Sydal
2. Don Fujii & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito vs Mondai Ryu & Punch Tominaga
3. K-ness & Cyber Kong vs Dragon Kid & Super Shisa
4. Masaaki Mochizuki & Kzy vs Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. CIMA, Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino
6. BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi & Akira Tozawa vs T-Hawk, Eita & Big R Shimizu

NJPW, "ROAD TO DOMINION", 2015/07/03
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

1. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu
2. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Mascara Dorada
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Jay White vs Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
4. KUSHIDA & Captain New Japan vs Kenny Omega & Yujiro Takahashi
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tetsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo
6. Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI
7. Kazuchika Okada, Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Rocky Romero & Barretta vs AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson

NJPW, "DOMINION", 2015/07/05
Osaka Castle Hall

0. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Yohei Komatsu vs Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & Sho Tanaka
1. IWGP Jr. Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs RPG Vice vs reDRagon
2. Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
3. Special Singles Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs Kazushi Sakuraba
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
5. NEVER Openweight Title: Togi Makabe (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Mike Bennett & Matt Taven (c) vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Toru Yano
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

Dragon Gate, "RAINBOW GATE", 2015/07/12
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN ALIVE", 2015/07/12
Fukushima Big Palette

Dragon Gate, "KOBE WORLD", 2015/07/20
Kobe World Hall

. Open the Triangle Gate: CIMA, Gamma & Don Fujii (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid & Kzy vs Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
. Open the Brave Gate: Akira Tozawa (c) vs Eita
. Open the Twin Gate: YAMATO & Naruki Doi (c) vs Ricochet & Matt Sydal
. Open the Dream Gate: Masato Yoshino (c) vs T-Hawk

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/20
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Centre

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/23
Shizuoka Twin Messe

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/24
Kyoto Martial Arts Centre

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/25
Takamatsu City Gymnasium

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/26
Hiroshima Green Arena

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/28
Oita Beppu Beacon Plaza

NJPW, "G1 CLIMAX 25", 2015/07/29
Fukuoka International Centre

Jamie OD

Ibushi was just on Sasuke (Ninja Warrior) - he would've completed the course, but his time ran out just as he was taking the very last obstacle. Then, in an interview backstage, he apparently almost killed himself by trying to flip off of a wall.

Forgot that was happening today. Is there footage anywhere?

Edit: Found parts of the show on Youtube already but yet to see Ibushi's run.

Lana and Rusev are together in real life, and here they are forced to make out with other people. Not yet for Rusev, but I imagine Vince is going there.

I read somewhere that Vince knew that Rusev didn't like the angle, but never spoke out against Lana doing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The professor himself Mike Tenay is on the ross report this week

Wonder how that is. I still like Tenay, I just feel like he was wasted in TNA to a huge degree. I mean, wasn't everyone? But Tenay brought SO much to WCW when he showed up. That was a perfect fit.

jred2k

NJ's tag divisions are in such a sad state. How many times have we seen some variation of YBs/reDRagon/RPGVice this year alone? And the less said about the three month feud over Maria the better.

Penguin

Did we talk about this?

"It wasn’t a good night for Raw last night, as viewership hit a near-record low and the 18 – 49 rating fell as well. The episode averaged 3.463 million viewers and a 1.11 demo rating, down 6% and 8% from last week’s 3.671 million and 1.21 demo rating. The viewership is the second-lowest rating for a non-holiday episode, ahead of only the December 3rd, 2012 episode. Meanwhile, the demo was the lowest since the May 4th episode drew a 1.1.

The show ranked third among cable shows for the night, behind Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta (2.966 million, 1.56 demo rating) and Discovery Channel’s Street Outlaws (2.676 million, 1.14 demo rating). The hourly numbers are below:

8 PM: 3.362 million (1.08 demo rating)
9 PM: 3.544 million (1.14 demo rating)
10 PM: 3.482 million (1.10 demo rating)"

Hmm soon it will be TNA

But seriously, they really need to find some way to fix this before erosion has completely taken over

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm soon it will be TNA

But seriously, they really need to find some way to fix this before erosion has completely taken over

No need to fix it, it's a shift in ways people consume media. WWE is fine.

9R6YeMh.jpg

RP912

Banned
Meh :/....MGS ran it's course at 4. Honestly, it should have ended at Peace Walker. What more can you do to that batshit insane series?

Sephzilla

I'll end up getting MGSV because it looks neat. But I honestly don't give many shits about Naked Snake / Big Boss and I'd much rather have Solid Snake adventures or a Metal Gear Rising sequel.

RP912

Banned
I want a spinoff series of Akiba. A whole game with him working on the computer, eating eggs, and using codex.

Sephzilla

Johnny Akiba Sazaki is quietly one of the most badass people in Metal Gear Solid 4. I would fully support a Metal Gear Akiba spinoff.

Zach

MGS 1: Solid foundation for the Solid series.
MGS 2: Mind-blowingly awesome.
MGS 3: Brilliant.
MGS 4: Awesome at release; less so in hindsight.
MGS PW: Cool for a portable game.
MGS V: ???

I'm hoping that V is a tremendous swan song. I bet it will be. Cannot wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want a spinoff series of Akiba. A whole game with him working on the computer, eating eggs, and using codex.

Johnny Akiba Sazaki is quietly one of the most badass people in Metal Gear Solid 4. I would fully support a Metal Gear Akiba spinoff.

I like you guys, I really do, but you're both absolutely fucking terrible for even pretending to like that piece of shit.

I loaded up ground zeroes for the first time yesterday.

read the backstory, peace walker sounds dumb as fuck. Robot Boss? fuck that.

there's some base building shit? Great, can't wait to distract myself doing "kill randomly generated enemy officer to get better pokemon at your base missions". Open world games are a cancer

David Hayter's a fuckin' ham but the over the top acting gave the game a good identity, now it just sounds like the bland voice acting that's in everything else. Oh boy, skull fist, so scary.

Kojima's a visionary and created two of the greatest games of all time with MGS1 and MGS2, I'm glad he's getting to realize whatever vision he wants with big boss and shit but his lusting for Hollywood is starting to override his more creative designs. I mean, it already did in MGS4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;170561164 said:

there's some base building shit? Great, can't wait to distract myself doing "kill randomly generated enemy officer to get better pokemon at your base missions". Open world games are a cancer

David Hayter's a fuckin' ham but the over the top acting gave the game a good identity, now it just sounds like the bland voice acting that's in everything else. Oh boy, skull fist, so scary.

Kojima's a visionary and created two of the greatest games of all time with MGS1 and MGS2, I'm glad he's getting to realize whatever vision he wants with big boss and shit but his lusting for Hollywood is starting to override his more creative designs. I mean, it already did in MGS4.

I really don't think MGS5 will be worse than 4. 4 was hot garbage for children.

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;170561164 said:

Yeah, it was dumb.

Still... shut up.

Zach

I'm perusing the Metal Gear Solid 4 OT because I'm a nerd
("Did you say 'nerd'?")
, and it's kinda funny. People are flipping their lids, head over heels for this thang.

heh I played it on launch weekend and got totally swept up in the mania and emotion of it all....

sadly, I had to come to my senses at some point and realize that as cool as Solid Snake and Revolver Ocelot fighting in their Megazords is...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm perusing the Metal Gear Solid 4 OT because I'm a nerd
("Did you say 'nerd'?")
, and it's kinda funny. People are flipping their lids, head over heels for this thang.

Also keep in mind this was a Sony exclusive, and GAF was high as fuck off of Killzone 2 vids. Pretty crazy time.

NJ's tag divisions are in such a sad state. How many times have we seen some variation of YBs/reDRagon/RPGVice this year alone? And the less said about the three month feud over Maria the better.

If only new japan bought a promotion with some awesome tag teams in it. IF ONLY

Zach

I still find that there's a lot of cool stuff in Metal Gear Solid 4, but the story is pretty much straight goofy schlock.

I still love the insane ending with Big Boss.

Friends, I played Metal Gear Solid 3 HD on my Vita recently.

Friends, holding a button and releasing it to fire a gun is fucking stupid.

Friends, I have deleted Metal Gear Solid 3 HD from my Vita and am playing Her Story on my phone and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on my Vita instead.

There's a distinct lack of Raw, SmackDown, NXT, TNA, and ROH on this list.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I played Metal Gear Solid 3 HD on my Vita recently.

Friends, holding a button and releasing it to fire a gun is fucking stupid.

Friends, I have deleted Metal Gear Solid 3 HD from my Vita and am playing Her Story on my phone and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on my Vita instead.

There's a distinct lack of Raw, SmackDown, NXT, TNA, and ROH on this list.

Vita's controls are absolutely terrible for 3 and 2 on Viter. Just total dogshit. Bums me out.

Didn't know Her Story came out on iOS or Android. Probably picking that up this week. It looks fascinating.

Zach

Stranger's Wrath was a pretty good time. Recently played through New 'n' Tasty, too, and that was quite good.

Ultratech

That Link thread in gamingside is so damn dumb

Yeah, I saw that last night...then promptly closed the tab.

Kinda silly.

Wrassle bros, we're two months away from Metal Gear Solid V. Who's excited?!

Assuming it's everything and more that they've been showing off, it should be awesome.

I still need to play Peace Walker though.
I got the MGS HD Collection from a friend, so I'll prolly start on it soon.

That Link thread is the perfect regards to how I'm tired of seemingly everything being made into a Political/Social Commentary in videogames.

Isn't Her Story that game that you just type keywords in and watch things happen?

I only need to two keywords for an investigation, friend. ZOOM and ENHANCE

¡HarlequinPanic!;170563993 said:
Isn't Her Story that game that you just type keywords in and watch things happen?

I only need to two keywords for an investigation, friend. ZOOM and ENHANCE

it is a wanna be FMV Sega CD game from the 90s.

Top Bottom