• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;170565514 said:
hmm. interested.

I had this dracula FMV game on sega cd that was fuckin' dope.

Bram Stoker's Dracula? Yes, it was great.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What's your history with the Metal Gear series, brother?

Played all the mainline games except Peace Walker. 2 and 3 are my favorites, I go back and forth on which I think is the best. I'm definitely anti-MGS4.

With MGSV, I'm just a little nervous about it being open world. I enjoy a certain degree of linearity and I ain't got time to be wandering around in a game not sure what to do next.

CI1oSmKWUAAOWea.jpg

wolves look like shit

Cagey

Banned
Is Bloodborne any good? Is it a game in the same style as The Witcher or Elder Scrolls? I don't want to make that mistake again.

CI1oSmKWUAAOWea.jpg

wolves look like shit

Facial hair and scar paint is the only means of distinguishing those four guys from each other.

Sephzilla

Is Bloodborne any good? Is it a game in the same style as The Witcher or Elder Scrolls? I don't want to make that mistake again.

Have you played Dark Souls? It's a lot like that

I like you guys, I really do, but you're both absolutely fucking terrible for even pretending to like that piece of shit.

Akiba fucking wrecks a bunch of super soldiers and does it all without the training or nanomachine shit that basically everyone else needs. Badass status confirmed.

Also - Metal Gear Solid 4 > Metal Gear Solid 2

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh that the Network's way of censoring Benoit's existence is just not having the little pips to show where his match is.
KuGsj.gif

StevieWhite

It makes me laugh that the Network's way of censoring Benoit's existence is just not having the little pips to show where his match is.
KuGsj.gif

It's also really irritating! They could just have a blank pip. Nope. Just no pip at all. It beats the old method though, I guess, where the commentary track on videos would just go weirdly silent for long periods of time.

Sephzilla

I played 5 hours of Demon's Souls when it launched before I decided I didn't have time in law school to have my leisure time be as tortuous as 1L. Is Bloodborne that difficult?

It's on par with Demons and Dark Souls in terms of difficulty. Bloodborne is also more offensively oriented compared to the Souls games (no shields) so the opening area can be a little harder since there will be growing pains.

More of his wife wrestling. She needs to go to E and take the divas title

Especially since there aren't any other Asian women currently on WWE's roster the bookers could mistake her.

That said, WWE should sign Mia Yim and Gail Kim so the bookers could mistake one for the other to bring back that old gag.

I would like the Witcher 3 so much more if the game didn't control like GTA4 on PS3, it's so damn janky. It feels like there's a 5 second delay in everything I do.

Ibushi was just on Sasuke (Ninja Warrior) - he would've completed the course, but his time ran out just as he was taking the very last obstacle. Then, in an interview backstage, he apparently almost killed himself by trying to flip off of a wall.

Did he just do the first stage.

goddamnit.

as an event, as something that will be remembered through time, metal gear solid 2 is the greatest game ever made. period. Sure the gameplay has its quirks but goddamn, the long con of it all. Greatest work in media history. Uh, except that Wells broadcast of war of the worlds maybe.

there's other titles I put between that and MGS1 (Silent Hill 2 for instance) but goddamn those two games, everything about them clicks. The first two games just have great character moments like the "everyone's special" speech in MGS2, or Snake coldly talking about killing Big Boss in MGS1 ("Yep") that just don't happen in the rest of the series.

Fuck. Open YOUR EEEEYYYYYEEEESSSSSS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked MGS2 before it went way off the rails. Just didn't enjoy the latter half at all. Otacon's at fault for a lot of it. What a fuckin creep.

yeah they spend a lot of time on him crying and being a weenie....

but once all the stuff in arsenal gear starts happening, gotdamn......Stillman had the football!!!

JavyOO7

If I ever play new MGS it will kinda stink since Hayter is not voicing Snake anymore. I think its that dude from 24 doing Snake now? Oy.

Sephzilla

I will say this though, MGS2 does have one of the greatest swerves in gaming history. Too bad MGS2 Raiden is one of the lamest characters in the franchise.

If I ever play new MGS it will kinda stink since Hayter is not voicing Snake anymore. I think its that dude from 24 doing Snake now? Oy.

Keifer Sutherland. And he sounds like shit as Snake.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, Raiden was good until MGS4, then he turned into a little piece of shit made for gamer consumption. I prefer strong ideas instead of pandering to cunts.

Sephzilla

MGS2 Raiden was lame in every single way. MGS4 Raiden was still a bit on the lame side but at least he finally had THE LOOK. Revengeance Raiden is the character going balls to the wall and it's awesome for that.

Raiden was quite literally created to pander

Also this. MGS2 Raiden was the version that pandered the most.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGS2 Raiden was lame in every single way. MGS4 Raiden was still a bit on the lame side but at least he finally had THE LOOK. Revengeance Raiden is the character going balls to the wall and it's awesome for that.

Also this. MGS2 Raiden was the version that pandered the most.

yeah you guys really thought he was cool in MGS2

raiden sucks in mgs4.

Sephzilla

yeah you guys really thought he was cool in MGS2

raiden sucks in mgs4.

MGS2 Raiden sucked. He's pandering that backfired and made everyone wonder when they'll get to play as Snake again.

HE'S A VANILLA MIDGET

MGS3 basically goes out of its way to shit on MGS2 Raiden via easter eggs

Zach

Metal Gear - C
Metal Gear 2 - B+
Metal Gear Solid - B+
Metal Gear Solid 2 - A+
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - A-
Metal Gear Solid 3 - A+
Metal Gear Solid 4 - B
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - B-
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - B
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - B

Haven't played Ghost Babel or Portable Ops.

Edit: Forgot Rising and The Twin Snakes.

dream

Metal Gear - B
Metal Gear 2 - B+
Metal Gear Solid - A+
Metal Gear Ghost Babel - A+
Metal Gear Solid 2 - A
Metal Gear Solid 3 - A+
Metal Gear Solid 4 - A
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - A+
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - A

Sephzilla

Metal Gear - B
Metal Gear 2 - B+
Metal Gear Solid - A+
Metal Gear Solid 2 - B-
Metal Gear Solid 3 - A+
Metal Gear Solid 4 - B
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - B-
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - B+
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - B-

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, there's no accounting for taste.

I don't even know why WWE insist on trying to be a 'TV Show' rather than a 'Wrestling Show' when seemingly no one outside of the WWE considers them a TV Show, even after 10 years of trying.

dream

Actually, I'm going to adjust my Peace Walker grade down to an A- because of that abhorrent shit where you chase an underwear-clad Paz, CQCing her so that you can rape her.

I'm curious what WrassleGAF's favorite Metal Gear boss is

The End.

Top Bottom