• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Tough Enough looks like the result of a Vince McMahon 30 second meeting where he decided the show needed to be as much like American Idol as possible. Format wise, the Tough Enough with Austin was perfect.

The problem is there is no "face" of the show, no Simon Cowell, no Adam Levine vs. Blake Shelton, etc. If you don't have that, you need to go all in with the actual contestants and they sure as hell are not doing that.

I thought the faces were Booker T, Lita, Billy Gunn and Stone Cold?

My thoughts on this is why is this even happening? The last TE was a disaster: despite that awful interview, Cameron was signed to FCW, and what happened to the winner - it's like he vanished from the face of the earth. I saw the Special on the network and I admit it, I was entertained by it, but I came to a realization that this will be a trainwreck.

EDIT

Just watched Cena vs. Cesaro. So good. Cena whipping out the Canadian Destroyer was pretty rad.

Edit: Just watched the Ziggler/Lana segment. They need to stop this right away. Rusev walking with one crutch is a pretty captivating visual, but I feel bad for him and Lana in real life here.

Cena just got one of those evolution stones. What is the issue with Lana and Rusev?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The setup in Arkham Knight to get you to get all the collectibles is some grade A carny bullshit. Vince McMahon himself could not do it any carnier.

DMczaf

I got my jersey

phil-brooks-ufc.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If the actual show Tough Enough was just like that preview episode it would be great.

There are too many people including the judges and trainers and even family in the crowd that are all competing for mic time.

Get rid of Jericho or put him Paige's spot since she doesn't want to be there and let Miz host.

Bryan is the only one giving constructive feedback although Hulk is more forward than the others. Lita hasn't contributed much.

What's up with this Female Link stuff? Why is this a thing?

I think the gaming world went 2 days without some sort of Gender Argument. So Nintendo decided to explain why Link couldn't be a girl/is a boy. So Evilore declared that Link is a girl from now on and people agreed to achieve GAF Gold approval.

Tough Enough is such a train wreck. It's not even as good as those terrible MTV ones where half the people weren't even athletes. At least those had the future wrestlers learning wrestling? Why are the judges watching the same edited TV show we are inside the TV show we're watching? Why give the contestants 30 seconds to save themselves then immediately close voting with no time to sway anything?

The Stone Cold season had a worthless winner but at least it was a bad wrestling reality show that showed the training process instead of an awful reality show with wannabe wrestlers just bickering.

The presentation is shockingly amateur hour given its WWE.

So PROGRESS are going to be running Chapter shows regularly in Manchester going forward. I'm now going to be one of those people upset that others are getting what I had :p

Well, it was a nice run of seeing every PROGRESS chapter show live but it looks like Chapter 24 will be the first chapter show I miss since Chapter 6. On the one hand I'm happy to see PROGRESS expand, but on the other hand I've always felt like PROGRESS was a London promotion - they were the ones who broke the "you can't draw in London" idiocy and, although many of the fans and the promoters themselves come from further afield, PROGRESS moving away from London seems like a really huge step. I hope it's successful for them, but I'm sad I won't be there to watch it live.

Friends, having played the MMA Booking Simulator World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 I think I can safely conclude that MMA is as carny as Wrestling. The booking is just the same.

Well, it was a nice run of seeing every PROGRESS chapter show live but it looks like Chapter 24 will be the first chapter show I miss since Chapter 6. On the one hand I'm happy to see PROGRESS expand, but on the other hand I've always felt like PROGRESS was a London promotion - they were the ones who broke the "you can't draw in London" idiocy and, although many of the fans and the promoters themselves come from further afield, PROGRESS moving away from London seems like a really huge step. I hope it's successful for them, but I'm sad I won't be there to watch it live.

Pretty much my thoughts. It'll all be on Demand, and I don't think it means less London shows, so there's that.

Browny

Banned
An apt Big E gif for this morning's weather:

big-e.gif

The ice cream truck that appears in our car park is going to get mobbed.

Nice to see PROGRESS moving oop north - hopefully they do well (and then come to Brum, as I'm lazy).

Alright for some. That said, my office is nicely air-con'd, normally it's freezing but today, perfect.

I like how British this thread is now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Morning walk to work was okay.

Lunch walk just now and I'm a pool of sweat.

The walk home is gonna be insane. I should have taken my car.

No worries, I've got a 2 hour stint out in the sun this afternoon, chances are it's going to Thunderstorm, but hey... kids love that stuff!

Browny

Banned
I have both windows open. Then the wind picks up and makes the blinds go mental, and then one of the windows will close itself. But I'm getting a breeze, which is good. And I'm drinking tea, which is also good.

Whilst looking for the everyonecrawlingonthefloor.gif, I found this from yesteryear:

mA9tN28.gif

Dammit Cody...

Alucard

Banned
I thought the faces were Booker T, Lita, Billy Gunn and Stone Cold?

My thoughts on this is why is this even happening? The last TE was a disaster: despite that awful interview, Cameron was signed to FCW, and what happened to the winner - it's like he vanished from the face of the earth. I saw the Special on the network and I admit it, I was entertained by it, but I came to a realization that this will be a trainwreck.

EDIT

Cena just got one of those evolution stones. What is the issue with Lana and Rusev?

Lana and Rusev are together in real life, and here they are forced to make out with other people. Not yet for Rusev, but I imagine Vince is going there.

And a Happy Canada Day to my Canadian bros, sisters, and others.

Lupercal

Banned
I have both windows open. Then the wind picks up and makes the blinds go mental, and then one of the windows will close itself. But I'm getting a breeze, which is good. And I'm drinking tea, which is also good.

Whilst looking for the everyonecrawlingonthefloor.gif, I found this from yesteryear:

mA9tN28.gif

Dammit Cody...

I was marking out so hard then and here we are now ...

Jamie OD

Lana and Rusev are together in real life, and here they are forced to make out with other people. Not yet for Rusev, but I imagine Vince is going there.

And a Happy Canada Day to my Canadian bros, sisters, and others.

I'm going to a Canada Day barbecue this evening. The weather and heat should be perfect for that as the sun goes down.

Ibushi was just on Sasuke (Ninja Warrior) - he would've completed the course, but his time ran out just as he was taking the very last obstacle. Then, in an interview backstage, he apparently almost killed himself by trying to flip off of a wall.

This is where I out myself by saying Tea sucks.

High five, fellow tea hater! I don't like any hot drinks though, so...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are making me laugh. 40 minute bike ride in this muck? Only AC at the office? Do you all not believe in climate change?

Browny

Banned
You guys are making me laugh. 40 minute bike ride in this muck? Only AC at the office? Do you all not believe in climate change?

We have one week each year where the temperature gets above 20C, and we all complain about it. It's the British way of life. Next week it will rain and be overcast, and it will continue like that until, oooh, Christmas.

We have one week each year where the temperature gets above 20C, and we all complain about it. It's the British way of life. Next week it will rain and be overcast, and it will continue like that until, oooh, Christmas.

Can't wait!

I keep longingly looking at cold places on google maps; "Ooooh, Faroe Islands - only 12c!".

Also, to be fair, we'll complain when it's cold & raining as well, it's just the British way.

Browny

Banned
I could actually do with it raining at some point (preferably overnight, when I haven't hung out the washing), just to keep the garden from turning into some sort of apocalyptic wasteland.

Yeah, due to the usual weather, generally nowhere has AC so people legit die when it gets his hot.

Poor fuckers on the tube.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, due to the usual weather, generally nowhere has AC so people legit die when it gets his hot.

Poor fuckers on the tube.
India had a terrible experience with the heat. Watch yourselves... Lots of lost lives.

kiguel182

I gotta say, I do enjoy Tough Enough. But the show would benefit if the live part was cut. It really is the least entertaining part and just drags stuff down.

I get that they wanted to have live voting and whatnot but it just doesn't work. Last season's format was pretty perfect and this one just isn't clicking even if the challenges and the bickering are still super entertaining.

Also, that guy saying that you don't need about the past was doomed to be on the bottom three as soon as he said it. No way would Bryan or Hogan let that slide. What an idiot.

Top Bottom