• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was Lisa Scott Lee and I got all hot and bothered over seeing STEPS reunite. Best things out of Britain weren't James Bond and tea, it was STEPS and Spice Girls.

Browny

Banned
I thought it was Lisa Scott Lee and I got all hot and bothered over seeing STEPS reunite. Best things out of Britain weren't James Bond and tea, it was STEPS and Spice Girls.

bpW6Xkd.gif

LSL was damn hot though.

JavyOO7

Wish RAW was an hour and Smackdown another hour. If you need more 'stories' to tell you could use Superstars and Main Event as they each have an hour. You could have Superstars be more meaningful instead of having recaps and have 'This week on WWE' do the recaps (and it does a pretty good job with them).

jred2k

Wish RAW was an hour and Smackdown another hour. If you need more 'stories' to tell you could use Superstars and Main Event as they each have an hour. You could have Superstars be more meaningful instead of having recaps and have 'This week on WWE' do the recaps (and it does a pretty good job with them).

Now explain how that makes the WWE any money.

Browny

Banned
Mid 90s songstresses? Shirley Manson. End of.

Also, I like Sami Zayn's theme (although it's face only, doesn't matter as Sami will never turn) - but I can only listen to the Taylor Swift mashup now.

My favourite Hulk Hogan lie was him saying he was asked to be the bass player for Metallica after Cliff Burton died.

Him and Kurt Angle should get together and start writing alternative history books or something

That's going to be a hell of a match, huge opportunity for Ospreay as well - impressing New Japan officials here could perhaps put him in good standing for a BoSJ place next year. I'll be at the York Hall show the night before, gutted I can't make it to this one though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
USA Network had one of the bigger hands in turning Smackdown into what it is today, as they used their influence to keep the bigger stars on RAW during the brand split era. Now that it's all under one roof we might get a new brand split and Smackdown might be pretty good again.

jred2k

As long as USA Network sees the ratings go 4m+ every week for the hypothetical hour of programming for RAW/Smackdown, they would continue parting with their money with no problems.

The reason Raw is three hours is so that USA's overall primetime rating is inflated from what it would be otherwise. If that overall rating went down, they wouldn't be able to attract an advertising base that would allow they to throw money at the WWE. The bottom line is that Raw is three hours because USA wants it to be. Look at the Stone Cold podcasts with Hunter and Vince. They both recognize its the biggest challenge they have and a key part of the product being the way it is.

miserable

Bootaaay, since when did Tenzan and Kojima team up? I saw a match of them from 92 and i was surprised because i thought they teamed up sometime in the late 90s

Bootaaay, since when did Tenzan and Kojima team up? I saw a match of them from 92 and i was surprised because i thought they teamed up sometime in the late 90s

They came through as young lions together and, although they did team together on occasion (they were often matched against fellow young lions Nishimura & Kanemoto) they didn't really become a fully-fledged team until '98 when Kojima joined nWo Japan.

Top Bottom