• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
A couple of discussion points:

* You know who would be a perfect actor for Arn Anderson's biopic?
Chris Pratt

*Max Landis should be the next guest host of Raw

1322160627262252.jpg

Ghostbusters is a solid comedy movie, few good lines and gags, but it's "right place, right time" in terms of it being as big in popular culture as it is. There is something slightly fascinating, though, in seeing a blatant nostalgia cash-in used simultaneously as a vehicle for good PR cashing in on the modern internet-age resurgence of feminism.

Was anybody really clamoring for a new one? the first movie is well-loved, but it's loved for what it is, not for any grand imaginative possibilities it engenders. it's a concept that seems to me to pretty clearly be one that'll offer diminishing returns. It's not like a Star Wars or Star Trek, where you have a whole universe where you can flesh out ideas or go constantly to new locations or have new threats emerge. It's a universe where you can put on a jumpsuit and fight wacky ghosts with laser beams. That's all you're ever gonna get from it. Shit, I think the world-threatening villain in the first one is too overdone for a concept like that, I can't imagine what modern film executives will come up with.

https://instagram.com/p/4-gDyds4vB/

Work, shoot, or worked into a shoot? Goodnight,marks.

Dude looked like death at the last fight's weighins too.

Say whatever you want about wrestling's numerous unsafe conditions, but at least those people don't regularly have to deal with the legit hell that is weight cutting.

Urijah's an antivaxx prick who doesn't understand not everybody can train their scrawny body to just stay the same lump forever. #foreverlosing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dude looked like death at the last fight's weighins too.

Say whatever you want about wrestling's numerous unsafe conditions, but at least those people don't regularly have to deal with the legit hell that is weight cutting.

Urijah's an antivaxx prick who doesn't understand not everybody can train their scrawny body to just stay the same lump forever. #foreverlosing

Well, besides Big Show, who was forced multiple times to drop weight by various means. Including one time replacing him with Stevie Richards in a videogame!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They could have been even better if they didn't have the weed angle and the fishnets. They were the last tag team I could think of being booked that strongly and they had a good look outside of the fishnets.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Without the weed gimmick they could have been major players in the final months of WCW but they were going to run into problems in the WWF anyways.

tm24

Mystiziz vs Mysterio will do nothing for anyone as a main event and I don't understand why they picked it.

It looked like they wanted to give Pentagon that top level heel rub in absence of Perro and now they're doing some face vs face match with no stakes involved. And I doubt Mystiziz will work well with Rey given their similar athletic but not really styles.

The reason is because they have barely done any tapings and this is literally the easiest way to sell out the arena without any buildup. They actually want to build up Pentagon so theyre not just gonna toss him into a loss

ai1LQ9z.jpg

Shave Seltzer in the flesh

Also on Observer Radio he was talking about how he wasn't done with the Dusty biography (Part 2 up now, probably at least 1 more part coming). Bryan: "What will you do when Vince dies" Dave: "It won't matter, they'll freeze his body and he'll come back later"

DominoKid

Havent watched Raw in a while. They showing this Cena Cesaro match in the barbershop. Who the fuck thought this Springboard Stunner was a good idea.

That suplex where Cesaro lifts Cena over the ropes is nuts. No one should be that strong.

Listing to the Meltzer Q and A.

They story he told about Vince trying to get him to No show the first starcade and then feed him to hogan is pretty crazy.

Top Bottom