• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
FUN FACT: Both that vine and that pic are from the local promotion I used to go to a lot. Saw that pic on Twitter today and wasn't bothered by missing it.

jred2k

https://vine.co/v/evOWKKDIvaU

the crowd seemed really into this I wonder why

Same reason it's fun to watch Brock Lesnar beat up on Spike Dudley. A small person getting ragdolled by a bigger person is always entertaining.

ImpassionedSparseGander.gif

klonere

Banned
Same reason it's fun to watch Brock Lesnar beat up on Spike Dudley. A small person getting ragdolled by a bigger person is always entertaining.

ImpassionedSparseGander.gif

I mean she's done thumb tack to the face spots, she's in the bidness full on.

I thought the spot was pretty cool, personally.

Cagey

Banned
Why not watch Train Wreck, The romantic comedy starring Dolph Ziggler's ex, Amy Schumer, with a cameo appearance by WWE Superstar John Cena.
With John Cena playing the role of Dolph Ziggler in the movie, a premiere summer comedy.

Ziggler has lost out on playing himself in a comedy.

These are the definition of hard times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Magic Mike XXL is playing here but not Train Wreck

Further proof that Kevin Nash will always be a bigger draw and have more crossover appeal than John Cena or Dolph Ziggler.

Magic Mike XXL is playing here but not Train Wreck

Further proof that Kevin Nash will always be a bigger draw and have more crossover appeal than John Cena or Dolph Ziggler.
Actually, it looks like it's not our until next week. Hopefully WWE pushes John Cena as a reward for his success in Hollywood.

jred2k

Actually, it looks like it's not our until next week. Hopefully WWE pushes John Cena as a reward for his success in Hollywood.

It would be interesting to see how they promote family-friendly John Cena considering that his role in the film is basically to fuck Amy's brains out.

Unfortunately, he wasn't in attendance at the Akron premiere of Trainwreck since he was most likely too busy entertaining the WWE Universe. Shame, he could have asked Lebron who his favorite WWE Superstar is/was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, something else from watching WCW. Nobody else comes close to Pscisosis when working with Rey. Not even the Guerreros. Those guys are made to wrestle each other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, something else from watching WCW. Nobody else comes close to Pscisosis when working with Rey. Not even the Guerreros. Those guys are made to wrestle each other.

I agree, at least at that point in time. Best lucha matchup WCW could do, and it pretty much always delivered.

somedevil

Any presale stuff for NXT at Barclays? Also, I heard Main Event was actually pretty great. Did anybody watch it this week?

You mean for last week? Its not on the network because its 2 weeks behind due to contract issues.

Plus TNA has a new deadline:

There's a feeling within TNA that the production crew, who hasn't been paid yet for the May tapings, really will be paid after July 15th as promised because of the fear that they won't show up for the tapings that begin on July 22nd.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I was watching El Mesias, Pentagon and Mundo against ADR, Mysterio, and La Parka it made me appreciate the booking of Mil Muertes in LU so well.

It's old school booking that WWE and similar don't do anymore because they have their giants on weekly, but you see Mesias working with ADR and he's this fat little squat shithouse looking dude. He doesn't look big at all compared to ADR and it makes him look weaker. But they always book Muertes with shorter or scrawnier guys in LU so to the viewer you still think he's this massive thick monster because they don't book him to wrestle like Big Ryck or whatever.

They do a good job of making their guys that aren't that big look bigger than they are. WWF used to do it with Andre(not that Andre needed help looking big, but they always wanted him to look even bigger thus Vince having him to interviews on a step ladder and whatnot)

When I was watching El Mesias, Pentagon and Mundo against ADR, Mysterio, and La Parka it made me appreciate the booking of Mil Muertes in LU so well.

It's old school booking that WWE and similar don't do anymore because they have their giants on weekly, but you see Mesias working with ADR and he's this fat little squat shithouse looking dude. He doesn't look big at all compared to ADR and it makes him look weaker. But they always book Muertes with shorter or scrawnier guys in LU so to the viewer you still think he's this massive thick monster because they don't book him to wrestle like Big Ryck or whatever.

They do a good job of making their guys that aren't that big look bigger than they are. WWF used to do it with Andre(not that Andre needed help looking big, but they always wanted him to look even bigger thus Vince having him to interviews on a step ladder and whatnot)

I do wish WWE booked their wrestlers like characters instead of this samey feel everyone has.

Top Bottom