• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
When women's football is more popular than you so that you have to leech off of it for mainstream attention, you're in trouble. RIP in peace WWE.

Didn't they try and get that Jersey Shore rub when that show was way past relevant? Or is that something I'm making up.

Watching Breakdown 98, first match is Owen Hart vs Edge including

- Dead crowd
- Lots of near falls
- DDT as a transitional move
- Roll up pin win via distraction from another wrestler simply walking out.

The more things change.....

Sephzilla

HkFmaP2.gif
WHAT'S RBH DOING IN THE WRASSLEGAF ZONE

Fox318

When women's football is more popular than you so that you have to leech off of it for mainstream attention, you're in trouble. RIP in peace WWE.

I'm sure we will reach a point where dog shows or competitive darts. are more popular than WWE.

Guzim

I miss the days when Vince lost ratings to Golden Retrievers jumping through a hula hoop.
I always thought that Raw did better ratings than the dog shows, but advertisers were paying more money for their commercials to air during the dog shows.

That sucks. What's the reason behind picking Elgin? I haven't followed ROH, is he a good wrestler?

He's a very mediocre wrestler with a horrible look. He got attention in ROH by doing a lot of power moves to small guys.

Elgin and the Wolves are what people who hate ROH or indies would point at to exemplify all their problems with that kind of wrestling.

RP912

Banned
Elgin will never amount to the greatness of Scott Norton, no matter how much he flexes and struggles with power moves.

scott-norton-brings-it-o.gif

This dude did a running shoulder ram and magically got back on his feet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Killing yourselves for idiot fans is OK if there's a lot of them and you're getting paid more than $20 and a hotdog, I guess.

I dunno about those $20s...that sponsorship deal was a shit deal.

It wasn't very long ago the Nexus happened. Compare how that Bryan looked with that picture and you'll swear you're looking at 2 different people. Dude had 2 major career-stopping (and probably ending) injuries, and still looks worse than Edge who was in the same boat.

For me, it's that he somehow seems to have lost what little mass he ever had and has somehow homed in on the absolute worst, least wrestler-y looking hair and beard combination possible. His best look was all the way back in 2012, but he was respectable up to Summerslam 2013, and even at WM XXX he looked alright. It's not his fault he can't train, but since his injury, it's like he's triggered something in him that's desperate to prove thee upper guys' lack of faith in him correct.

klonere

Banned
Breakdown 1998 was not a good PPV friends. Extremely convoluted main event that was set up so you didn't care about the match itself really. Dead Canadian crowd. Odd matches that didn't quite come off.

At least I got to see Gangrel's first PPV entrance.

Jesus. Dave said the most famous person of the 5% to live through the injury Kidd suffered was Christopher Reeve, and most who survive are quadriplegics.

If he ever wrestles again, he's lucky. Probably not smart but lucky.

Friends, I went to the local second hand games store and bought all the wrestling games I could find. Nearly all of them were £1, I know it's a terrible thing, but I'm looking forward to playing all those PS2 games again - even managed to pick up Smackdown2 on the PS1!

RP912

Banned
Friends, I went to the local second hand games store and bought all the wrestling games I could find. Nearly all of them were £1, I know it's a terrible thing, but I'm looking forward to playing all those PS2 games again - even managed to pick up Smackdown2 on the PS1!

Even Legends of Wrestling :/ :/?

This is Rusev's chance to rebrand himself as a big fun loving Zangief face. Just a big boisterous Russian bear man with a thunderous laugh and a bottle of vodka he can shotgun at a whim.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hanging out with capitalist american jobbers playing videy games

no fucking wonder vince buried him. learn to protect your character.

Even Legends of Wrestling :/ :/?

Yes!

PS1

WWF Attitude
WWF Smackdown
WWF Smackdown 2
The Simpsons Wrestling

PS2

WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role!
WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth!
WWE Smackdiown: Here Comes the Pain!
WWE Smackdown vs Raw
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006
Legends of Wrestling

PS3

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
WWE '12

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011
WWE 13
WWE 2K14

TNA Impact Wrestling

Still to get

WWE All-Stars
Legends of Wrestling II
WWE RAW
WCW PS1 Games
ECW PS1 Games
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania
Backyard Wrestling 1 & 2

Oh crap, and I've just noticed all the imports for All-Star Pro Wrestling, Fire Pro & NJPW!

RP912

Banned
Yes!

PS1

WWF Attitude
WWF Smackdown
WWF Smackdown 2
The Simpsons Wrestling

PS2

WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role!
WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth!
WWE Smackdiown: Here Comes the Pain!
WWE Smackdown vs Raw
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006
Legends of Wrestling

PS3

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010
WWE '12

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011
WWE 13
WWE 2K14

TNA Impact Wrestling

Still to get

WWE All-Stars
Legends of Wrestling II
WWE RAW
WCW PS1 Games
ECW PS1 Games
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania
Backyard Wrestling 1 & 2

Oh crap, and I've just noticed all the imports for All-Star Pro Wrestling, Fire Pro & NJPW!

Nice haul just for the ECW games alone. One day I want to get the Japanese imports :(.

The Japanese imports look amazing, they're are some on Amazon that aren't too expensive so I might be tempted. I was tempted to get the N64 games too, but it's near impossible to find good copies in their boxes still without paying over the odds.

I did pick up these 3 a couple of weeks ago:

Top Bottom