• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So Piper is really getting blacklisted because he said something about Austin's dog? What did he say?

Also, was Alberto in Mexico before he disappeared? This really couldn't be cartel related, right?

klonere

Banned
While in the Steve Austin character, Sasso, Piper and Duggan joked about various Austin subjects, like Austin’s heat with Vince McMahon, quitting WWE, Austin only having one friend (his dog), and Piper even joked Austin made his whole career off three words: “What” and “Hell Yeah.”

yikes

So Piper is really getting blacklisted because he said something about Austin's dog? What did he say?

Don't fuck with Hersey. Austin went off on people letting off fireworks in his neighborhood cos he was worried about his dogs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He's getting blacklisted because he said something about Austin's dog then lied about Austin getting him fired from PodcastOne when Austin originally had nothing to do with it.

Essentially, it's because the drunk keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tried that Suicide Squad trailer and left feeling like it's crap. I'm not sure what amazing shit I'm supposed to see there.

Heel

bean breath, the evidence is mounting. I suggest bumping the Piper thread and redeeming yourself in the eyes of all doubters. 100% solid reporting, unlike Meltzer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished watching Bevelry Hills Cop 2. It was pretty good, but it didn't feel as fun as the first one. Not something I'd watch more than once. Axel's shtick is kind of old by 2 and becomes less and less believeable so I can't imagine watching the third movie. Especially a Beverly Hills Cop movie set in the 90s. You can really tell it's a Tony Scott movie though.

Tiny Chris Rock is in it and he's amazing.

I tried that Suicide Squad trailer and left feeling like it's crap. I'm not sure what amazing shit I'm supposed to see there.

It has comic book characters in it. That's all it takes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I finished watching Bevelry Hills Cop 2. It was pretty good, but it didn't feel as fun as the first one. Not something I'd watch more than once. Axel's shtick is kind of old by 2 and becomes less and less believeable so I can't imagine watching the third movie. Especially a Beverly Hills Cop movie set in the 90s. You can really tell it's a Tony Scott movie though.

The first Beverly Hills Cop was so majestic and wonderful. That soundtrack was unbelievably good, too. Sigh...so good. I need to get around to watching 2, sometime. Either that or do the 48 Hrs viewing set.

He's getting blacklisted because he said something about Austin's dog then lied about Austin getting him fired from PodcastOne when Austin originally had nothing to do with it.

Essentially, it's because the drunk keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

So why'd he get fired?

cdViking

It's funny, because I was actually intrigued by the part that had turned me off of it (Leto Joker, if only because he doesn't seem as absolutely shitty as the leaked images indicated), but turned off by how absolutely by-the-numbers every other part seemed.

He's blacklisted because he lied about Austin getting him fired from a podcast when he went to the podcast's management and said he didn't want to do podcasts anymore in the first place, then immediately after made a podcast lying about Austin getting him fired. Then when Austin said the podcast's management told him all the above, Piper deleted that podcast too.

Backpedaling and deleting evidence too late. You'd swear he's trying to pull a Jon Jones with that amount of career sabotage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The first Beverly Hills Cop was so majestic and wonderful. That soundtrack was unbelievably good, too. Sigh...so good. I need to get around to watching 2, sometime. Either that or do the 48 Hrs viewing set.

I bought a bunch of cheap dvds to watch for movies i've never seen, and the beverly hills was included with it at the flea market. i thought about buying bean breaths video games and watching a billy kidman match while i was there, but there's only so many references i can get in a post in one day.

I would like to mention Gilbert Gottfried is in Beverly Hills Cop 2. So that's a big ol plus right there.

Aiii

So not worth it

Looked dull outside of the brief Joker bit, that was okayish.

Margot Robbie being a mediocre actor doesn't help given how Harley Quinn can be a very fun psychotic character. Saw none of that in the trailer.

scabro

Crazy how many of your are piling on Piper, You can't see Austin flexing?

AmpleEvergreenCanadagoose.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a bunch of cheap dvds to watch for movies i've never seen, and the beverly hills was included with it at the flea market. i thought about buying bean breaths video games and watching a billy kidman match while i was there, but there's only so many references i can get in a post in one day.

In the late 80s and early 90s, man, Murphy was unstoppabe. So goddamn funny, good set of movies. Good agent.

I think the moment we all knew we'd never get him back was....I guess Nutty Professor, or Holy Man. Even when Vampire in Brooklyn came out there was still a hint of his magic. I enjoyed Boomerang and Distinguished Gentleman more than most did, too.

Heel

Piper asked to leave Podcast One, just like he asked to leave his WWE Legends contract.

C'mon, brehs. I'm not buying it for one friggin' second. Observer can stick it.

I think we all know the truth. This is and always was about Hershey the Wonder Dog.

Zach

I can't believed it outlived the Plubber. That shit was supposed to be indestructible...

I will keep it in mind.

Hendrix seems pretty well made for a plush toy, but I really think that it's because it's like half Seymour's size so he just likes it. The Plubber, on the other hand, was much smaller and Seym treated it as a dastardly insurgent that must be eliminated for the sake of la familia.

Yeah.
So good. When Flair laughs I laugh.

Yeah, it was silliness. And I enjoyed all of Kevin Sullivan being like "I know what can fix WWE but I'm not going to say it on air..." and I think he even implied that Flair should still be wrestling in WWE... Hilarious... >_>

Nobody's saying he didn't get kicked out of his Legends contract. He did. Because of his stupid lies about being kicked off a podcast by Austin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tuned out of wrestling for the better part of the 2000's, because he bored me to death.

Anyways, hes been so bad for so long, that I am surprised he is being carried to excellent matches with a younger generation, it does take a certain willingness by him to have these kick out fests.

Anyways, he is the worst wrestler of his generation.
He is a 3rd graders fantasy
There is nothing he can do to redeem himself in my eyes for the decade long kindergarten wrestling we had to endure.
I will be very happy the day he calls it quits.
The fact that he is even close to Flair's 16 is the biggest disgrace to the business, and something that should not be allowed to happen.

This is way too harsh on Cena. The man is an incredible humanitarian, his best strengths are when he's booked simply, and he helped keep pro wrestling in America alive.

Disgrace my ass. Flair's old ass getting drunk on air every chance he gets is reprehensible.

Heel

What about the tale of Kevin Sullivan's freakishly long foreskin, in which he tucked a lit birthday candle for Flair and their wives?

That may have been the pinnacle of wrassle podcasting, right then and there.

Hendrix seems pretty well made for a plush toy, but I really think that it's because it's like half Seymour's size so he just likes it. The Plubber, on the other hand, was much smaller and Seym treated it as a dastardly insurgent that must be eliminated for the sake of la familia.

Yeah, it was silliness. And I enjoyed all of Kevin Sullivan being like "I know what can fix WWE but I'm not going to say it on air..." and I think he even implied that Flair should still be wrestling in WWE... Hilarious... >_>

Its just fun, I could listen to the stories for ever.

And yeah WWE has so much potential with Flair, and they use him and all legends like trash, and a comedy routine. It is pretty sad.

Zach

Oh yeah, there was some mighty sleaze. It was fun in the "these guys aren't holding back so it's kinda like just overhearing a raucous convo with old wrassle broz" kinda way, but then it was like "but these guys are 60/70/whatever and they sound like bad people... also, consider their grandchildren..."

jmdajr

Piper asked to leave Podcast One, just like he asked to leave his WWE Legends contract.

C'mon, brehs. I'm not buying it for one friggin' second. Observer can stick it.

I think we all know the truth. This is and always was about Hershey the Wonder Dog.

Absolutely

dream

Bryan's update is "I now know of three...two people who are close to [El Patron], and they have not heard from him either."

Also, was Alberto in Mexico before he disappeared? This really couldn't be cartel related, right?
He probably got kidnapped for ransom by some marks that believe his aristocrat gimmick.
bean breath, the evidence is mounting. I suggest bumping the Piper thread and redeeming yourself in the eyes of all doubters. 100% solid reporting, unlike Meltzer.
I don't want to steal Perspicacity's thread's spot and have Professor Beef try to shoot on me and make himself look foolish again.

jred2k

I'm probably the last person here to still care about him, but I'm excited for Bryan's book to come out next week. I've got that mug on hold at the library.

Fox318

I kinda want to hear Ziggler stand up. People have talked about it like he actually managed to be less funny than Kathy Griffin.

klonere

Banned
I'm probably the last person here to still care about him, but I'm excited for Bryan's book to come out next week. I've got that mug on hold at the library.

everything I've heard about the book has been immensely positive. Refreshingly honest and free of most wrestler bullshit. I'll be picking it up as well!

In other news, Jody Highroller AKA Riff Raff AKA Codeine Cub is BULKIN

https://twitter.com/JODYHiGHROLLER/status/620696262619332608

I don't want to steal Perspicacity's thread's spot and have Professor Beef try to shoot on me and make himself look foolish again.

bean breath my thread was already hijacked by trolls and subsequently buried so while I appreciate you respecting my spot you are welcome to make your own waves

Top Bottom