• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

This might be the last photo taken of Alberto El Patron:

CJcsTtLWwAAb_8q.jpg

I get that you guys thing Del Rio being missing is funny and all, but if someone I loved went missing in Mexico I'd be pretty fucking worried.

So looking into going to Cali for BOLA, flights are super cheap and so is airbnb. If I legit wanted to explore Santa Monica, LA, etc would I need a car? Or can I just uber it up? The actual venue is in Reseda, CA.

klonere

Banned
So looking into going to Cali for BOLA, flights are super cheap and so is airbnb. If I legit wanted to explore Santa Monica, LA, etc would I need a car? Or can I just uber it up? The actual venue is in Reseda, CA.

Is it even possible to get tickets for BOLA? I thought that shit sells out in minutes/hours?

Is it even possible to get tickets for BOLA? I thought that shit sells out in minutes/hours?

They do tickets at the door but if I can get them online for all 3 days, that be my best bet.

Car rental is around 100 as well. I might just do that if it comes down to it.

dream

From today's Observer update:

Alberto el Patron has apparently gone AWOL. He was supposed to be at last night's Lone Star Championship Wrestling show, a Bustin 4 Autism charity show, in Pasadena, TX, and didn't appear. He gave no word ahead of time that he wouldn't be there. A number of people at the show had his number and called him and couldn't get in touch with him. The promotion today released a statement that they still haven't heard from him. Clutch City Productions made the deal with Alberto. In their release, they asked him to return the deposit paid him and the travel money lost by the charity for his flight he didn't board.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I get that you guys thing Del Rio being missing is funny and all, but if someone I loved went missing in Mexico I'd be pretty fucking worried.

We don't LOVE him though, that's why jokes is jokes. If something terrible did happen, people would change their tune. Right now he just no-showed an event and people are preying on wrestling fans' racism that Mexico is "insane everywhere! cartels! because Mexicans!"

Aiii

So not worth it
I have a bad feeling about this though, hope I'm wrong.

Going to bed now, hope I'm not waking up to another death in the morning, not sure I can handle that.

somedevil

We don't LOVE him though, that's why jokes is jokes. If something terrible did happen, people would change their tune. Right now he just no-showed an event and people are preying on wrestling fans' racism that Mexico is "insane everywhere! cartels! because Mexicans!"

Doesn't matter if you love the guy or not, joking about someone death is not funny.

Plus you complained about generalization and then made one yourself. Also, Mexico does have a Drug War going on that is causing problems over there. I doubt that involves Del Rio though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't matter if you love the guy or not, joking about someone death is not funny.

Plus you complained about generalization and then made one yourself. Also, Mexico does have a Drug War going on that is causing problems over there. I doubt that involves Del Rio though

When have I ever NOT been a hyprocritical shithead?

NoRéN

If you got the cash, sure. I mean, traffic doesn't change whether you drive a rental or use uber.

The 405 is always horrible. You're looking at an hour drive at least from Reseda to Santa Monica.

This is the most any crowd of people has ever cared about Alberto el Patron (nee del Rio).

Which is too bad, because the guy is a very good wrestler and was one of the few in WWE who could be relied upon to bring a sense of psychology to his matches.

dream

The Torque Filtrado tweet is highly suspicious. Notice that it says Alberto El Patron "se encuentra en casa," but it doesn't actually say he's alive.

RP912

Banned
This is the most any crowd of people has ever cared about Alberto el Patron (nee del Rio).

Which is too bad, because the guy is a very good wrestler and was one of the few in WWE who could be relied upon to bring a sense of psychology to his matches.

I always enjoyed his in ring work and some of his promos. Despite his time in the WWE where he was just there, I always enjoyed his matches...especially his feud with Ziggler.

Heel

This might be the last photo taken of Alberto El Patron:

CJcsTtLWwAAb_8q.jpg

Thank goodness he's okay. I had an eerie feeling that we'd later find out that the man in stripes in the background was a narco hitman out to make things even, but I didn't want to end up like dream for speaking my mind.

dream

It's very premature to proclaim that Alberto El Patron is "okay," friend. The anonymous "sources from AAA" have yet to produce Alberto El Patron, or even a statement from the man.

There is much more going on here than meets the eye.

Fox318

Stardust will be back tonight!!!
What's the appropite reaction as a fan here?

Cheer him on support of being back
Cheer him as a message of support after the passing of his father
Cheer him because his music is good
Booo him because his gimmick sucks
Boo him because he is a heel
Ignore him because this is his 3456th gimmick

Top Bottom