• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

Meanwhile, "Tony Brooklyn" just put out a statement asking El Patron to return his deposit if he's still alive:

STATEMENT FROM LONE STAR CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Almost 24 hours later, we still have not heard from the camp of Alberto El Patron. Mr. El Patron was booked through our co-promotion partner Clutch City Productions to headline the Bustin 4 Autism charity pro wrestling event in Pasadena, TX last night.

Mr. El Patron would not know who we are directly, since his camp’s dealings were with our promotional partner. Like the charity and fans who purchased tickets, we are affected. A lot of time, money and effort was put in to this event. Those who know us, understand that we strive to put on quality events. We are a company that our fans can trust. Mr. El Patron’s unexcused and unexplained “no show” unfairly taints that reputation. Though we were not directly involved in the negotiation and booking with El Patron’s camp, there is no doubt that the Bustin 4 Autism team were more than fair and gracious in the process.

At this point, our thoughts are initially with Mr. El Patron’s well being. He seems to have disappeared. Once the dust settles, we are confident that Mr. El Patron will do the right thing and return the deposit he was paid, along with premium travel funds lost by the charity. We might also suggest that Mr. El Patron take it a step further, and make an additional donation to the charity.

We would like to thank the fans and sponsors who stepped up to support this event for the Bustin 4 Autism 501c group. We would also like to recognize our co-promotional partner, Clutch City Productions, who put forth an incredible effort to promote and help organize this event. We look forward to working with them and the Bustin 4 Autism folks in the future.

In closing, we also thank the wrestlers who stepped up to make this a memorable event, as well as the many staff members and volunteers who contributed in some manner.

Chris Ronquillo
aka Tony Brooklyn
Lone Star Championship Wrestling
www.lonestarwrestling.com

jred2k

I kinda want to hear Ziggler stand up. People have talked about it like he actually managed to be less funny than Kathy Griffin.

Read his Twitter and imagine it with the shitty stilted delivery of one of his promos when he tries to be coy. That'swhat his standup is like. It's completely terrible.

Guess bustin' did not make feel Alberto feel good then if he's been missing.

Or, it felt too good, which is why he's been missing.

Read his Twitter and imagine it with the shitty stilted delivery of one of his promos when he tries to be coy. That'swhat his standup is like. It's completely terrible.

Someone tell Ziggler that a humorous delivery is not sexually transmitted. He's not picking that shit up from Amy Schumer.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan's update is "I now know of three...two people who are close to [El Patron], and they have not heard from him either."

What? No... Fuck.

I'm probably the last person here to still care about him, but I'm excited for Bryan's book to come out next week. I've got that mug on hold at the library.

It's on Audible, narrated by Bryan himself. Gonna give that a go, for sure.

dream

Not much in the way of updates on the possible death of Alberto El Patron, but I'm monitoring the situation. Meanwhile, here's what we know:

he was paid a deposit of an unspecified amount
he was in contact with the promoter up until the evening before the event
he was "provided with a four-star hotel, as well as first class air-fare"--we don't know if he actually got on the flight
he is a pro wrestler, but he has no history of no showing events that he's booked on

I think the most likely scenario is that he bought a batch of bad drugs with the deposit.

scabro

Not much in the way of updates on the possible death of Alberto El Patron, but I'm monitoring the situation. Meanwhile, here's what we know:

he was paid a deposit of an unspecified amount
he was in contact with the promoter up until the evening before the event
he was "provided with a four-star hotel, as well as first class air-fare"--we don't know if he actually got on the flight
he is a pro wrestler, but he has no history of no showing events that he's booked on

I think the most likely scenario is that he bought a batch of bad drugs with the deposit.

did sin cara finish the job?

i hope hes not dead though, really.

jred2k

Can't believe others have to pay for this kind of thorough reporting and we're getting it for free. Quite the public service you're performing, dream.

I'm probably the last person here to still care about him, but I'm excited for Bryan's book to come out next week. I've got that mug on hold at the library.
That's smart. Requesting that sh*t online so you can easily walk in, take it to the self checkout machine, and walk out #safely. Instead of taking that thing, that no doubt has a disgusting and embarrassing cover, to the front counter where the cute girl works and have her see it. And then when she reminds you that you owe 75¢ in late fees, you say you have change in your car and you'll brb, but you leave and never go back to that library again.

Smart, jred4k. Smart.
bean breath my thread was already hijacked by trolls and subsequently buried so while I appreciate you respecting my spot you are welcome to make your own waves
Hey Perspicacity, I'll think about it.

I dunno, are we jumping right to death? Wouldn't "Alberto is on a bender without his phone somewhere" be a more plausible explanation unless we have evidence that something bad happened?

Edit: Bryan is so non-aggressive and unambitious that I imagine his book does relatively little burying of people and instead is more self-effacing and straightforward.

dream

The guy from the "Houston Wrestling Radio" podcast seems to have been at the show, and he tweets:

HouWrestlingRadio ‏@hwrestlingradio 11m11 minutes ago
@Matmenpodcast @VivaDelRio yeah. Being there at the event last night, the mood was uneasy to say the least. We all hope he's ok.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dream I don't want to burst your bubble
David. ‏@YearZero87 25m25 minutes ago
@luchablog any word on El Patron? I'm freaking out man.
luchablog ‏@luchablog 20m20 minutes ago
@YearZero87 Not yet. Probably not anything serious.
luchablog ‏@luchablog 2h2 hours ago
@SkullsandSilk @luchagringo Don't worry too much. More people would be asking questions if it was serious. He'll turn up in time.
and considering meltzer and company refuse to watch anything in the spanish language that doesn't feature someone japanese on card, i'm going to trust thecubsfan. though i don't have his newsletter

I dunno, are we jumping right to death? Wouldn't "Alberto is on a bender without his phone somewhere" be a more plausible explanation unless we have evidence that something bad happened?

Edit: Bryan is so non-aggressive and unambitious that I imagine his book does relatively little burying of people and instead is more self-effacing and straightforward.

Most people are assuming the worst because the last confirmed place he was seen was Mexico (you know, only the place that currently has a war with horrid cartels going on) and nobody he cares about is able to contact him, let alone explain why he missed a charity event of all things

somedevil

From the reviews in the book he doesn't bury specific people but he is really tough on himself and the WWE.

In the book he takes blame for his match with Cena at Summerslam not drawing. He also craps on the WWE for the stupid stuff they did with him.

Fox318

omg
Becky arrived to the arena Raw's happening in with Charlotte and Sasha

I think they were there last week. I could swear I heard that they will do this until they do something with Paige.

Sasha and Charlotte could main event Wrestlemania if its booked the right way.

Heel

That's smart. Requesting that sh*t online so you can easily walk in, take it to the self checkout machine, and walk out #safely. Instead of taking that thing, that no doubt has a disgusting and embarrassing cover, to the front counter where the cute girl works and have her see it. And then when she reminds you that you owe 75¢ in late fees, you say you have change in your car and you'll brb, but you leave and never go back to that library again.

Smart, jred4k. Smart.

What if it's library policy that brand new books are not to be filed for self-checkout, but instead must be checked out from the front counter?

I'd just die, bean breath. I think I'd throw away the slip and eat the fine.

Wait a few months to check out Daniel Bryan's book from the library. #Safe

Zach

I can't believe The Sandman was a 5 time ECW champion

why

Currently watching Living Dangerously '98. Next match: The Sandman vs. someone I don't remember (Sabu?) in a match that the censors didn't want me to see!!!

Dreading it.

Special note about the PPV so far: I really enjoyed Sign Guy Dudley's "No More 3:16 Signs 3:16" sign. Haha...

On chessboxing.

Instead of a joke, maybe it’s more accurate to think of as a performance. The father of the sport, Iepe Rubingh, came to it after a career as a performance artist. The Dutchman held the first sanctioned chessboxing fight in 2003 and opened a club in Berlin the following year. Since then clubs have popped up all over the world: India, China, England, South Africa, Italy, Russia, Iran. The geographic spread is impressive, but the ranks haven’t grown much in the decade since Rubingh started things—the current worldwide chessboxing membership is estimated at about 500 people.

When considering the sport’s growth prospects, he hopes to take lessons from the success of MMA, and more specifically, UFC. “We’ve been looking very closely into their business model because it’s one of the most amazing sports cases being built,” he says, though he admits that “its target group is completely different.”

Rubingh is also interested in chasing down the burgeoning market for alternative fitness like CrossFit and the Tough Mudder races, outlets that are popular with young, often affluent populations. Competition isn’t enough; it’s the performance that Rubingh believes will build a fan base. “Our target group is [in] a place like San Francisco...we want to create intelligent entertainment and create stories around the sport that our core audience wants to see.”

dream

No new word on the possible death of Alberto El Patron, but the situation is fluid. Rey Mysterio Jr. has been informed that Alberto is missing, and #FindAlberto is beginning to trend on Twitter.

What if it's library policy that brand new books are not to be filed for self-checkout, but instead must be checked out from the front counter?

I'd just die, bean breath. I think I'd throw away the slip and eat the fine.

Wait a few months to check out Daniel Bryan's book from the library. #Safe
Your library fines you for not checking out requested materials? D*mn that's carny as frick. I know times are tough and public funds are tight but this is like WWE working marks with a 6 month Network commitment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever Rusev and Lana reunite, it's going to be like Macho Man and Elizabeth when the crowd melted down. It'll be that x5. It'll be worth it.

Heel

Your library fines you for not checking out requested materials? D*mn that's carny as frick. I know times are tough and public funds are tight but this is like WWE working marks with a 6 month Network commitment.

Agreed, carny as a mofo. It was a new policy as of a few years ago. A "reshelving fee" for not checking out requested materials within a week's time. How else can you keep a healthy flow of decent reading material coming in with these carny ass waiting queues? You blast out dozens of requests and cross your fingers.

Needless to say, I was hot. Now I just come to watch WWE Network and make friends with the local homeless.

Fox318

Oh, I get it, you're just a gimmick poster.

Ronda Rousey is main eventing PPVs, Womens Soccer is scoring record ratings, and the NFL has grown because its devoting so much of its marketing muscle in gaining female fans.

Maybe not under Vince but I could see a future where 2 women have a main event. Lawrence Taylor main evented a wrestlemania are you saying that 2 women can't?

Heel

Whenever Rusev and Lana reunite, it's going to be like Macho Man and Elizabeth when the crowd melted down. It'll be that x5. It'll be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYw0XPEoKE

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6782-1404376435-25.gif

Top Bottom