• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

It's not about booking. If you're a wrestler, booking can help, but it's your charisma and presence that wins over the crowd. Not every wrestler has it.

I might be underestimating the new women callups. We'll see.

Bayley did well to escape the "Bayley is a mentally deficient child" gimmick she was initially saddled with.

It is about booking to a large degree. It's easy to book a talented performer into oblivion.

I already hate Becky Lynch so that's that

Charlotte was never that interesting, without the Flair name she wouldn't be where she is now... Sasha will flop due to booking

Ok, Corey Graves.

I love Sasha and Becky. I hope to see them do great things on the main roster.

Sephzilla

So who's actually left on the NXT Women's roster?
  • Bailey
  • Dana Brooke
  • Carmella
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Blue Pants
  • Sasha Banks (who will be gone the moment she drops the belt)
Suddenly the NXT Women's division doesn't look as interesting

HHH DQ setting up HHH vs Seth for the belt at Summerslam

HHH goes over hard

kIadghW.gif

Fox318

• Bailey
  • Dana Brooke
  • Carmella
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Blue Pants

Don't forget all of the Tough Enough women who will almost certainly all get deals.

klonere

Banned
Taking some time off the job hunt (2nd round interview next Monday!) to type this up. List of performers that I have liked but have been wasted in some way since I started watching.

Ziggler Post Survivor Series '14 - Huge spot, huge response, "killed" the Authority. Shoved into a bizarre team with Cena/Rowan. Authority brought back two weeks later. Yes, he definitely irritates me and others in this thread but man, he was given nothing after this.

Leaving the company OR useless jobber status.

Stardust Post Survivor Series '14 - Fine tag champs when I started watching. Lost the belts to Miz and Mizdow. Given nothing. Proven on the mic, in the ring, multiple false starts across a variety of characters. Happening again. Comedy feuds with R-Truth into supposed program with an actor.

Useless jobber status.

Damien Sandow Post February 2nd Raw - Part of the most watchable and entertaining feud in the lead up to Wrestlemania. Got over with the crowd. No singles match to blow off at WM. Small spot in consequence-less Battle Royal, which the fucking Big Show won. Nothing match on Raw to settle the feud, made to look like a goober by Summer Rae. Spirited promo on Raw next week, basically stating "I can be real ass Damien Sandow". Transitions into awful awful gimmick impersonating Macho.

Useless jobber status.

Dean Ambrose Post Hell in a Cell '14 - Consistently popular, when given the chance cuts great promos. Limited offense but takes incredible bumps and since when has limited offense ever been a limiting factor for main event WWE talent? Given goofy comedy shtick a lot. Original feud with Rollins @ HIAC '14 was very hot. Intense as fuck match (match that "brought me in" to WWE). Bullshit ending into Wyatt feud into what should have been a completely character killing bullshit ending into awful IC title program into killing himself at WM into nothing into Rollins feud v2 with ending designed to make us think Ambrose is a contender but he's got jack shit to do this month apart from being Reign's best bud!

Wasted potential company carrying star.

Bray Wyatt Throughout - Am told that this guy was mega over before I started watching. Very unique look and stand out character. Great talker, so much so that he is used to fill up way too much time on his own, much to his detriment. Gone from creepy, intimidating and mysterious cult leader to heat sucking, feud stopping can't win a match heel. Entire build of his WM match with Taker revolved around him taking the mantle from the deadman. Alas, they want one more match from Taker so Wyatt's entire character was sacrificed for that cause. I'll admit he seems to struggle to have good matches but his feuds also struggle to make anyone care about them. Love to see him do some work in Lucha Underground though!

Zero heat useless jobber heel.

Luke Harper Post Survivor Series -
uUBwYzV.gif

Should be Kane.

Wasting away off TV.

There are others but man this list is just depressing and disgustingly smarky already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to make a topic for this but people would get upset so I thought I'd ask the Business faction of Wrasslegaf:

Any of you use Salesforce for your helpdesk? I want my employees to follow up more often with customer service, and need to look around for helpdesk solutions. I want them to be rated, and so I can track metrics. I need to make some decisions on how to keep them monitored in that respect...

RP912

Banned
Speaking of Harper, how dude doing? I haven't watch Raw and (lol smackdown) for a minute. I'm just seeing what's going on with the guy.

Anth0ny

Cesaro - Has a bunch of 5 star matches on Raw in consecutive weeks, seems more over than ever before and ready for a big time singles push.

That feud against Kane.

Fox318

Speaking of Harper, how dude doing? I haven't watch Raw and (lol smackdown) for a minute. I'm just seeing what's going on with the guy.

He was going to tag with Rowan but he got injured.

Harper has been having promo and matches with Cesaro on Main Event and Superstars

klonere

Banned

He was being setup in a team with Rowan (ie Wyatt family reset) that was going nowhere then Rowan got injured so Harper has fuck all to do.

Sephzilla

I think we can all agree that WWE has a bunch of great talents that are being massively underutilized right now.

Harper, Cody Rhodes, Ziggler, Bray, Luke, Cesaro, Ambrose...

This roster has the potential to be the best top to bottom roster since the Attitude Era, but since there's no urgency from WWE to fucking do anything they are instead the most wasted roster ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we can all agree that WWE has a bunch of great talents that are being massively underutilized right now.

Rowan, Cody Rhodes, Ziggler, Bray, Luke, Cesaro, Ambrose...

This roster has the potential to be the best top to bottom roster since the Attitude Era, but since there's no urgency from WWE to fucking do anything they are instead the most wasted roster ever.

Underutilized? Almost all of them have matches every week.

Rowan's injured though

Zach

I wanted to make a topic for this but people would get upset so I thought I'd ask the Business faction of Wrasslegaf:

Any of you use Salesforce for your helpdesk? I want my employees to follow up more often with customer service, and need to look around for helpdesk solutions. I want them to be rated, and so I can track metrics. I need to make some decisions on how to keep them monitored in that respect...

What business you running, Vinny?

Zach

• Bailey
  • Dana Brooke
  • Carmella
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Blue Pants

I mean, it looks more like developmental now, I guess. And what about that one girl who sucked but now people are saying she's okay? The one with red hair.

P.S. <3 Bayley.

Fox318

Rowan... a talent?

imBask

Banned

look they only have 3h a week on RAW, and they have to fit Cena and Rollins between commercials. They're on a tight schedule, please understand

kiguel182

I enjoyed the NXT call up. They wiped the floor with the bellas and the crowd was into it so I'm game. Hopefully they book them strong from here on out. And get rid of that stupid title design.

The US championship division continues to deliver even if this week was a little weaker after Owens ditched the match.

Main event angle was great up until they gave Kane (again) more spotlight. He should not be grabbing Lesnar at all. Even if he ate an F5 and the stairs to the foot.

The tag team segment was okay. Nothing remarkable.

The rest I mostly skipped I think. The IC division is filler for me right now as is the MITB stuff.

Face Rowan was good, so of course they put him back with Harper randomly, didn't reunite them with Bray, called them generic death name, and he got hurt 2 or 3 weeks later

Ithil

• Bailey
  • Dana Brooke
  • Carmella
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Blue Pants

Sasha and Becky are probably staying in NXT and pulling double duty. Charlotte seems to be done, however.

They do need to make some more indy hires. Supposedly Nikki Storm did well at the tryouts, grab a couple other SHIMMER names, have done with it.

Top Bottom