• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
CI2wOntUMAIFJz2.png

Is that Okada on the top left? Thought it was Yoshihashi.

dream

In an update on Ziggler, he said that he has still not signed his new deal with WWE. He was given an offer a few weeks ago, and when he didn't sign it, it opened up a lot of speculation. The belief is still that he is staying. He first said in a Boston Herald interview on the subject, I feel like I started here. I should end my career in the WWE. I feel like they like having me around and I love working here, so It would be really hard to walk away." He did an interview on the Chad Dukes radio show in Washington, DC, and said, "I'm thinking about it right now. I had a request for an upcoming contract that would end (I think he meant begin) a few months from now, maybe two or three months from now, and they requested back what they would like, I countered another offer and we're waiting to finalize some things. I love WWE and I can't picture myself wrestling somewhere else, but it's also becoming now where that Wednesday and Thursday, I can't just do that and get some outside live events for comedy and different movie and television options which would only be to promote myself as a WWE superstars, to make myself a bigger star so I can advance more in WWE. So if I can't find that happy medium, I might have to get away for a little bit. What I wanna do is make myself a bigger asset to WWE. it involves leaving, that would crush me, but it might."

99% sure he's talking about Bellator, Heel

In light of recent events, UFC will go full carny. Ziggler will scale the cage during Philip Brooks's first fight, give him a Fameasser, and cost him his first match. They'll trade barbs on social media, but it'll be a swerve so set up a WWE invasion, which culminates in a tag team MMA fight at one of UFC's seven shows this December.

lucha news

Dario Cueto's monster Matanza is going to be named Monster Matanza Cueto, since he is supposed to be Cueto's brother. The masked guy behind Black Lotus who is supposed to be Cueto's big rival in the second season will be called The Master.

that the best name for a monster they could come up with

Alucard

Banned
In light of recent events, UFC will go full carny. Ziggler will scale the cage during Philip Brooks's first fight, give him a Fameasser, and cost him his first match. They'll trade barbs on social media, but it'll be a swerve so set up a WWE invasion, which culminates in a tag team MMA fight at one of UFC's seven shows this December.

I'll start the Kickstarter to make this happen.

dream

"Before this guy started trolling around looking for people to sue, we didn't have one person, none, claiming they had any kind of traumatic brain injuries, or dementia or ALS or any of the kind of stuff you seek associated with the NFL," McDevitt said.

Interesting considering

Chris’ interest in brain trauma stems from personal experience. An All-Ivy defensive tackle for the Harvard University football team, after graduation, he began working for the life sciences consulting firm Trinity Partners, LLC. While there he decided to explore his passion for professional wrestling, and enrolled in wrestling school at night. Eighteen months later, in 2002, he debuted on WWE’s flagship program Monday Night RAW.

Chris suffered a serious concussion in June, 2003, but due to a lack of understanding, was not honest about his symptoms and continued to wrestle and work out for five weeks while symptomatic. He developed post-concussion syndrome and was forced to retire.

I hope the plaintiffs bankrupt WWE and effectively shut down pro wrestling in America.

klonere

Banned
Vaudevillians back to being face. Liking them a lot, they've gotten really smooth with their tags and double teams.

Theme song is pure Full Sail bait though.

Fox318

Yeah looks like he's cutting.

Sadly he's been having the same match since I've started watching (~8 months)

It really is a shame you can't blade with somebody like him. It would get him instantly over with smarks in that crowd as the dude clearly has been trying hard.

I just wish they did something different with his hair. The wet Roman Reigns look may does something for the ladies in the audience but it just makes him look like he has a tiny head.

Dudes obviously a tough guy and he has the size to impose in the ring.

Ultratech

MGS 2 and 4 are trash tier when it comes to bosses.

Can't really speak for 4, but I really didn't care for a lot of 2's bosses.

Only notable boss fights I remember from MGS2 are:
-Harrier Fight (which was sorta annoying)
-MG Ray fight (again...annoying since you have to kill quite a few of those things and it's pretty repetitive)
-Final Boss (which was sorta cool, but also kinda clunky given you're fighting with the sword only)

MGS1 and 3 on the other hand had much more varied and exciting boss fights.

Fox318

This Finn Balor stuff they are doing on NXT is fucking amazing. The perfect presentation for a MODERN wrestling product.

Letting what's real be the thing that draws you in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4's bosses are boring versions of MGS1 bosses+a shitty vamp fight. The only good fight in the entire game is a giant robot fight.

klonere

Banned
It really is a shame you can't blade with somebody like him. It would get him instantly over with smarks in that crowd as the dude clearly has been trying hard.

I just wish they did something different with his hair. The wet Roman Reigns look may does something for the ladies in the audience but it just makes him look like he has a tiny head.

Dudes obviously a tough guy and he has the size to impose in the ring.

Agreed. He needs a more vicious moveset allround, give the man a damn powerbomb for god sake.

Saw a guy with a Balor shirt in Wexford Town today. We 2sweeted each other #DeadGiveaway

Heel

I hope the plaintiffs bankrupt WWE and effectively shut down pro wrestling in America.

Agreed, dream. Just show a highlight reel of unprotected chair shots to the jury and they'll be begging to settle for 8 figures.

The thing is, you just know there's members of the WWE Universe chomping at the bit to blame the victims, in order to keep a faint flicker of hope alive in their simple minds that this wretched form of entertainment will make it out the other side of the lawsuit anything more than a husk of its former self.

klonere

Banned
Man the difference between promo mode Finn and relaxed interview Fergal is kinda shocking. He's just not good when he's scripted T___T

Becky must have broken down in tears at least 3 or 4 times this entire package.

Fox318

Agreed. He needs a more vicious moveset allround, give the man a damn powerbomb for god sake.

Saw a guy with a Balor shirt in Wexford Town today. We 2sweeted each other #DeadGiveaway

powerbomb would be fucking perfect for him. Last ride type delayed powerbomb to take advantage of his height would be awesome.

Or he could come out and do what few NXT stars have done, use chair or weapons to make him look like a fucking monster.

Have him snap and get somebody in there who can take a beating for longer than 30 seconds.

Heel

So MMA experts, on a scale of 1 to totally fucked how fucked would UFC be in Connor loses?

He's almost certainly losing, making it one of the worst booking decisions in the history of Sports Entertainment since Kimbo vs. Petruzelli.

NoRéN

Think he could pull of a sit down powerbomb? That would look good.

dream

Mostly, Heel, I just can't believe the audacity of Jerry McDevitt's claim, which essentially says that "concussions were never a problem in the WWF," a company that post-Benoit donated $1.2M to the Sports Legacy Institute, and was forced to adopt the ImPACT Concussio Managment program.

I mean, shit, in a wwe.com article, they even describe the Sports Legacy Institute as an organization "founded in 2007 by Robert Cantu, M.D., and Nowinski, a former WWE Superstar, who was forced to retire in 2003 due to the effects of a lifetime of brain trauma sustained in football, soccer and WWE."

klonere

Banned
powerbomb would be fucking perfect for him. Last ride type delayed powerbomb to take advantage of his height would be awesome.

Or he could come out and do what few NXT stars have done, use chair or weapons to make him look like a fucking monster.

Have him snap and get somebody in there who can take a beating for longer than 30 seconds.

That no-DQ match with Bull should have been way harder. It was a nice feud with a limp blowoff. Baron should have done what Lesnar did to the Big Show. i really do hope they have more plans than "squash jobbers forever".

I need that remix of Emma's theme right now

dream

I hope they call SCSA to testify. The idea of SCSA on the stand is entertaining enough, but he'd bury the WWE's outlandish claim, much like h did in a 2014 Washington Post article:

By all outward appearances, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin is one of the lucky ones — and he knows it. He said he sustained only one concussion in his two-decade WWE career. He discussed the subject of head trauma on his podcast, The Steve Austin Show, which was posted online on Tuesday.

“The Tombstone Piledriver, I think, concussed me and gave me some permanent nerve damage, but that was just a one-off and I never took a piledriver after that,” he said referring to a 1997 SummerSlam match with and Owen Hart.

The subject came up when a caller asked if knowing what he does now about the dangers of concussions, would Austin have changed his style of wrestling? He said he wouldn’t because, unlike certain other WWE stars, he thought he protected himself well.

“Speaking specifically about myself, I wouldn’t have changed anything because I never was a guy who took a steel chair to the head without putting my hands up, so I absorbed most of the blow with my palms,” Austin said, adding that his technique, no matter how perfect, didn’t allow him to avoid taking hits to the head altogether.

“There’s just a frog’s hair worth of contact going on, so I’d take a little bit of the blow,” he said. “Sometimes I do forget things, and I always say, ‘Too many steel chairs to the head.’ And I really kind of say that I’m joking, but I really kind of mean it a little bit.”

But the magnitude of blows Austin sustained in the WWE compared little to what he saw others do, Austin said.

“There was some bad-ass stuff out there that really didn’t need to happen,” Austin told the caller, specifically citing a match between The Rock and Mankind, aka Mick Foley, that had Foley’s hands cuffed behind his back. “[Foley] took seven or eight chair shots — vicious chair shots — from the Rock. That was hard to watch…”

MC Safety

If they're going to go TV go TV ala Lucha Underground, and make sure there's some sort of continuity! As it is it's half TV Show and Half Wrestling show and it doesn't really capture the feeling positively of either.

WWE continuity is if evil Big Show doesn't become a good guy then turn evil again during the same match.

klonere

Banned
NoRéN;170623241 said:
Think he could pull of a sit down powerbomb? That would look good.

Honestly I would want him standing over the dude he just powerbombed to get over how fucking big he is, a la Nash

Fox318

That no-DQ match with Bull should have been way harder. It was a nice feud with a limp blowoff. Baron should have done what Lesnar did to the Big Show. i really do hope they have more plans than "squash jobbers forever".

I need that remix of Emma's theme right now

That Lesnar Squash was Vince realizing that he had his highest paid superstar (and I mean SuperStar) to job to Cena and a middle aged HHH. He needed to make him look like a monster.

Baron needs a manager. Somebody to help make him feel like he has a weakness that isn't his strength or ring ability. Kinda like Undertaker's program with Jake the Snake at Wrestlemania 8.

This Bull demsey fat shit is fucking hilarious.

Heel

WWE Raw draws second-lowest non holiday viewership since 1997

The show drew only 3.46 million viewers, the second-lowest viewership for a non-holiday edition of Raw since 1997. The only lower episode went up against a Giants-Redskins game in December of 2012, which drew over 16 million viewers for RGIII’s MNF debut.

Furthermore, as noted by the Wrestling Observer, there weren’t even any major sports games going head to head with Raw. Monday Night Baseball drew 669,000 viewers on ESPN for Rangers-Orioles. Nothing on broadcast TV, highlighted by a trio of reality shows, drew more than 7 million viewers on Monday night. Raw didn’t even win the 18-49 demo on cable, falling behind Love & Hip Hop Atlanta and holding even with Street Outlaws, the Love & Hip Hop post-show, and an 11:30 Family Guy rerun on Adult Swim.

Business is down, dream, making a concussion lawsuit perfectly timed to send professional wrestling into an irrevocable downward spiral. I believe by the time this settles, Lucha Underground will be considered the industry leader in arena lighting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, stone cold is one of the lucky ones. Only had a broken neck that almost paralyzed him for life. Definitely didn't cut his career short or anything.

NoRéN

Honestly I would want him standing over the dude he just powerbombed to get over how fucking big he is, a la Nash
Ahh, much better.

Point is, as long as the move looks like it's killing the opponent rather than hurting baron it would be an improvement.

klonere

Banned
That Lesnar Squash was Vince realizing that he had his highest paid superstar (and I mean SuperStar) to job to Cena and a middle aged HHH. He needed to make him look like a monster.

Baron needs a manager. Somebody to help make him feel like he has a weakness that isn't his strength or ring ability. Kinda like Undertaker's program with Jake the Snake at Wrestlemania 8.

This Bull demsey fat shit is fucking hilarious.

They seem to be really off the whole idea of managers, even in NXT.

Bull vs a vending machine would be a pretty great hardcore match.

Top Bottom