• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

guYmdE6.jpg

dream

WWE Raw draws second-lowest non holiday viewership since 1997

Business is down, dream, making a concussion lawsuit perfectly timed to send professional wrestling into an irrevocable downward spiral. I believe by the time this settles, Lucha Underground will be considered the industry leader in arena lighting.

I can't wait for the inevitable Mark Burnett-produced The Rise and Fall of World Wrestling Entertainment, directed by Robert Rodriguez, starring Johnny Depp as Vince McMahon, Antonio Banderas as HHH, and Danny Trejo as Stephanie McMahon.

Fox318

They seem to be really off the whole idea of managers, even in NXT.

Bull vs a vending machine would be a pretty great hardcore match.

I have no idea why they are against managers considering that two of their biggest successes last year had managers (Brock and Rusev).

And both of those guys can talk fine on their own.

So MMA experts, on a scale of 1 to totally fucked how fucked would UFC be in Connor loses?

I don't know about "fucked", that might be extreme.

That said, a year span where Kimbo KOs Shamrock in the bumfightiest bumfight ever, Tito wins a Bellator belt, Punk wins a UFC PPV fight, Conor loses on short notice to a scrub in a fight the company lost millions on and fans lost thousands on because of a broken rib the same week comedy retired wrestler Jamie Noble came back from 3 broken ribs, and UFC still can't be in NYC, would be by far the most embarrassing year span of the sport's history.

klonere

Banned
Love how tye dillinger perfect 10 gimmick is leaking into the show.

I wonder when they are going to formally debut that gimmick. Seems pretty over at the house shows from what I've heard.

I have no idea why they are against managers considering that two of their biggest successes last year had managers (Brock and Rusev).

And both of those guys can talk fine on their own.

Heyman is bulletproof and probably gets to write all his own stuff.

Lana is going to wrestle Summer Rae at Summerslam or something horrific like that.

Full Sail crowd literally shouting memes at each other.

klonere

Banned
That segment was reaching main roster levels of NOBODY LIKES U GURL COS U A BITCH

Emma and Dana giggling and snorting was kinda endearing though.

Fox318

I wonder when they are going to formally debut that gimmick. Seems pretty over at the house shows from what I've heard.

Heyman is bulletproof and probably gets to write all his own stuff.

Lana is going to wrestle Summer Rae at Summerslam or something horrific like that.

Full Sail crowd literally shouting memes at each other.
The Lana stuff screams Vince hating on the fact that Rusev us married to Lana. Lana worked because she is a good actress and she has great charisma with Rusev. The Ziggler stuff has only exposed her or they are trying to stall with Rusev's injury.

Honestly that's where touring will help them. Sure they will get hardcore fans but as far as in arena presentation is concerned if they can get over there they can probably get over in any crowd.

Getting the product hot and producing a star or angle that latches on to pop culture like Austin or Hogan is another story.

Fox318

NoRéN;170624585 said:
Grand wrestlemania entrance runway show!

Him and Finn Balor scream HHH style over production for entrances but they could be awesome.

I mean so far the best wrestlemania entrances might be the simplest.

q44jUya.gif

klonere

Banned
The Lana stuff screams Vince hating on the fact that Rusev us married to Lana. Lana worked because she is a good actress and she has great charisma with Rusev. The Ziggler stuff has only exposed her or they are trying to stall with Rusev's injury.

Honestly that's where touring will help them. Sure they will get hardcore fans but as far as in arena presentation is concerned if they can get over there they can probably get over in any crowd.

Getting the product hot and producing a star or angle that latches on to pop culture like Austin or Hogan is another story.

I'm hoping the awkwardness of the angle has to do with the Rusev injury like you said.

Owens getting that chinlock over strong.

klonere

Banned
Balor kinda reminding me of HHH in that celebration?

Solid match for what I expected, nice setup for Saturday Teasing the Bloody Sunday again.

NoRéN

Him and Finn Balor scream HHH style over production for entrances but they could be awesome.

I mean so far the best wrestlemania entrances might be the simplest.

q44jUya.gif
Austin's entrance was so good because was a part of his no bullshit, here to kick ass persona.

Tyler Breeze is a self centered dude. A grand drawn out entrance just works for him.

Finn commanding a wrestlemania size crowd will be glorious. I'll have to be a part of that in person.

Hex

Banned
These Finn Balor videos on NXT have been amazingly well done all around.
As if I wasn't a huge fan already they would have been jumping out of my seat cheering for the man.

And evil Emma is so so so so so so so much hotter than she was before.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just saw those UFC uniforms. I...kinda feel bad for the Punker for the first time in awhile. He left WWE in part because of paycuts and the inability to get sponsors on his trunks...and the UFC just got both.

Do they seriously want Bellator to take over? Keep fucking up like this YOY and it'll happen.

somedevil

TNA right now is a weird time loop where people who don't work for the company are still working for the company.

As for Finn vs Owens in Japan. We all know who is going to win but the question is will it be clean or will
Cesaro, Itami or Cena help Balor win the match

Fox318

TNA right now is a weird time loop where people who don't work for the company are still working for the company.

As for Finn vs Owens in Japan. We all know who is going to win but the question is will it be clean or will

Part of me fears this is going to be a major swerve.

You let Finn win clean, the mystique of the undefeated demon should last for a good long time. When he eventually loses you have him come back revitalised with new paint and sell a shitload more shirts.

Jopie

There are not many things I would wake up at 2:30 am for. Balor v. Owens is one of them.
I cannot wait for this match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NWA Classics this Friday! Roll call, friends!

I'm in at least for the first month, but as something I truly want to see more of, I'll probably just stay subscribed.

Surely they realize this is going to be a huge flop, right? They don't have a serious major promotion worth following, they don't have all the NWA footage and the idea of people paying yet another premium in addition to the WWE or NJPW World one(which let's be honest anyone who's serious enough to know a NWA streaming service exists has one or the other) is ridic.

This thing is more cooked than a ham hock on the fourth of july

OctoMan

Banned
EC3 might be my favorite thing about present day wrestling and I don't even watch tna. He's so good. He better end up in wwe when tna folds in a month.

Fox318

Watching the Angle EC3 match and I don't have much experience with TNA.

Why are they chanting :"You can't wrestle" towards Ec3? He's having a pretty decent match.

Bryan Alvarez said on todays Wrestling Observer Live show that Dixie Carter was retweeting fake twitter accounts on Sunday night. Many accounts were recently created and there were many many accounts that were filled with TNA related retweets and very little tweets about anything else. Some of them are a few months old and have mostly TNA related tweets/retweets and TNA hashtage which would indicate that the accounts are being used to help them trend during Impact. The retweets were for accounts raving about how great the show was. Many of the accounts raved about Slammiversary being one of the greatest shows in years.

If this is true then it is truly a shame that they are spending money on twitter accounts and not spending money on paying their production staff. Dixie should know better since she used to run her own PR company many years ago.

Another thing that is interesting is that Bob Ryder's followers shot up from 5,000 followers just a couple of weeks ago to 70,000 followers this morning and now up to 71,600 followers right now. Is the point of all of this to convince Destination America that they have a bigger following than they really have? You can't fake advertising dollars and you can't fake ticket sales. ROH has sold more tickets this year than TNA has.

also
Dave said:
I thought the A.J. Styles & Young Bucks vs. Rocky Romero & Trent Barreta & Kazuchika Okada match on the 6/24 TV show was pretty close to match of the year level, at ****3/4. As far as pure wrestling went, it was one of the best one hour shows in the U.S. in recent memory, since the Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong match on the same show was also excellent. The main event was edited, as there were a ton of "Suck it" references during the match, both from the Bullet Club and from fans, and all were removed.

A funny story is that backstage at TNA, during the tapings, somebody turned on Destination America early and this match was playing and a lot of the talent were going crazy for it, which caused John Gaburick to get mad and yell, "Get that shit off."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JR was last seen calling a GWF co production...and is now making twitter comments about a TNA match. #followthemoney.

Top Bottom