• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? TNA paid someone to create fake Twitter accounts and drum up fake Twitter noise and praise about their own company?

LOOOOL

And seriously, ya'll should watch last week's ROH. Very good wrestling show from top to bottom. Well, minus the Elgin match in the middle. Catch it for free now @ rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Wait, am I understanding this correctly? TNA paid someone to create fake Twitter accounts and drum up fake Twitter noise and praise about their own company?

LOOOOL

And seriously, ya'll should watch last week's ROH. Very good wrestling show from top to bottom. Well, minus the Elgin match in the middle. Catch it for free now @ rohwrestling.com/tv/current

This weeks had an amazing match between Styles and Adam cole

Man God

Non-Canon Member

LOOOOL

wouldn't it also be on Destination America...right now?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surely they realize this is going to be a huge flop, right? They don't have a serious major promotion worth following, they don't have all the NWA footage and the idea of people paying yet another premium in addition to the WWE or NJPW World one(which let's be honest anyone who's serious enough to know a NWA streaming service exists has one or the other) is ridic.

This thing is more cooked than a ham hock on the fourth of july

I think their expectations are low and know the demand is low, but it's more of a "this is worth spending money to keep out there" project.

dream

This "Global Force"/TNA invasion angle is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. It's like god woke up one day and said I want to see what happens when mediocrity meets incompetence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Powder-blue tuxedo Vince McMahon is the best.

You trying to say this salmon color isn't the best? I'll dig through some Tuesday Night Titans eps and find a real killer getup...

Tag title match was good, but not quite great until the end. EC3 vs. Kurt had a big match feel, but wasn't as good as EC3 vs. Spud, which just seems wrong. KOs 3-way was fine, and the Jeff-Tenay interview was nothing. It wasn't even surface-level as they didn't even show him winning the KOTM Title. Still, this was a really easy show to sit through, and like how they set up Drew vs. the world for the elimination match that suddenly became a "this faction must end" match for some reason.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...and-recap-ec3-vs-kurt-angle-world-title-match

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nib9cx6twegnq7xgkoreinjq9ieiv3hj

DMczaf

Tough Enough did 1.05 million viewers Tuesday night, a drop from 1.21 million the previous week. The replay of Raw did not crack the top 100 shows in the 18-49 demo on cable last night.

7037-Raw-autoplay_gif-crying-gif-vince_mcmahon-wwe.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have never seen a replay of Nitro or Raw but like three times in my entire pro wrestling watching career.

They always came on weird ass channels at the most random of times.

Dave says Mania's already being talked about

Currently:
Bryan isn't in the plans because it still doesn't look like he's coming back
Anything involving Austin match-wise isn't even being entertained
Taker/Stang not happening, but Stang ain't considered retired in their mind yet so he'll probably have something (I'm starting the campaign now, #HOFStang2K16)
Main event likely
Rock/HHH either singles or with Ronda/Steph included depending on Papa Dana

I have never seen a replay of Nitro or Raw but like three times in my entire pro wrestling watching career.

I think Universal HD replays Raws and Smackdowns on the weekends or at least they used to. I wonder what type of ratings those get.

Finally got around watching Cena/Cesaro on RAW. It was better than both of the Cena/Owens matches. Tremendous work from all the talent involved. Cesaro should be a main-eventer, Cena is continuing to add more to the argument of him being performer of the year as much as I hate to admit it, and Owens is Owens. This whole angle is just head and shoulders above whatever the hell Rollins is doing. This is the main event for me and has been for months.

Bryan being off Mania is what's best for him. Dude honestly should just fuck off for all of next year. Maybe get a haircut in the process. Hell maybe some type of GM role for NXT. Then a couple of years down the road he really does become Shawn Michaels and have a run better than has ever done. Even though that was nothing short of a miracle on Shawn's part. But as of right now, from this year on to the next, Bryan is done.

Owens should win the US title at Summerslam after some fuckery on Battleground. Let him keep it for a long time. Owens enters the Rumble and then this plays. Pop of the century. Sami eliminates himself and Owens in the process and have the fued all the way to Wrestlemania and be in the midcard and steal the god damn show. Zayn goes over and they embrace and thus ending the fued between those Frenchies, for now. As for Zayn's first opponent, it's this man

Ultratech

IIRC, there used to be a rerun on USA (I think?) but super late at night on the weekends (or something similar).

Then of course, there's a few other channels (Spanish mostly) that replay it.

NoRéN

Finally got around watching Cena/Cesaro on RAW. It was better than both of the Cena/Owens matches. Tremendous work from all the talent involved. Cesaro should be a main-eventer, Cena is continuing to add more to the argument of him being performer of the year as much as I hate to admit it, and Owens is Owens. This whole angle is just head and shoulders above whatever the hell Rollins is doing. This is the main event for me and has been for months.
Agree. Cesaro putting in work as always.

Although why hate to admit about Cena? I mean, it's clear he's listened to the complaints and has improved. When this year is over and people are talking about the best matches of the year, Cena's name will come up a few times.

jred2k

Currently:
Taker/Stang not happening, but Stang ain't considered retired in their mind yet so he'll probably have something (I'm starting the campaign now, #HOFStang2K16)
Main event likely

By that point Dana will be so desperate to get eyes on his fight kits, he'll be begging for help from pro wrestling.

LycanXIII

Is the Balor special on the Network going to have new footage, or just the three parts from NXT put together? I really hope there's addition stuff in it, it has been so good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rock / TripleH

In 2016

And they wonder why no new talent goes over

TL21xx

Banned
Trips/Rock,
huh? Weak.

So on a totally different note, I'm in LA for the summer and there's that house show at the Staples Center at the end of the month (the 25th). Totally considering going, but my wrasslin' pals are back in Austin, so I'm running the risk of going solo. The big thing is that Owens is advertised for it, and I'm dying to see him live. Is it worth it brothers?

NoRéN

House shows are fun in my experience. If the talent you want to see will be there I say you should go.

Been debating going myself but with BOLA coming up I may save the cash.

Striker

Rock / TripleH

In 2016

And they wonder why no new talent goes over
The King of Kings. The Cerebral Assassin. The Game. Who are you to doubt Hunner?

This should come to no surprise. He is always inserting himself into the angles with the popular wrestler at that current time or against previous big name guys from 10+ years ago. His ego is bigger than his nose.

Surely they realize this is going to be a huge flop, right? They don't have a serious major promotion worth following, they don't have all the NWA footage and the idea of people paying yet another premium in addition to the WWE or NJPW World one(which let's be honest anyone who's serious enough to know a NWA streaming service exists has one or the other) is ridic.

This thing is more cooked than a ham hock on the fourth of july

For fans of territory wrestling it's pretty much a goldmine - hundreds of matches, most of which have never been seen before, spanning three decades from one of the hottest cities in the NWA and one of the last major video libraries not owned by WWE. Of course it's a niche product, but I'll gladly pay $10 to see 30-50 classic matches per-month that I've never had the chance to watch before.

Currently:
Main event likely

This all sounds horrendous.

TraBuch

Banned
So Rusev made Lana hate and insult Americans even though Lana was the one who converted the Bulgarian Rusev into a Russian nationalist. And Rusev also forced Lana to wear what she wore, even though she wears the exact same clothes now.

Am I understanding this correctly?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;170647646 said:
Which one of you started using HOSS? Gotta say it's my new favorite wrasslin term.
Where I live it's common, not wrestling related at all. Yew-haw!

I decided to go back and start watching UFC again... FROM THE START (because I hate myself). The ref was so bad on the first show, just stood and watch people Knocked Out getting their face stomped on and missing people tapping EVERY TIME! Ken Shamrock makes me laugh so hard.

kiguel182

Currently:
Main event likely

Well, this sounds terrible.

I thought they were heading in some HHH vs Rollins direction. But that would leave the world title match wide open, unless they try and do Lesnar vs Reigns 2.

But HHH vs Rock is something I have zero interest in.

And unless Taker retires I don't get why they don't do Sting vs Taker. I mean, it will probably be awful but any of their matches will so they should just do this and be done with it. They both retire and that's it.

Scanned over raw on my lunch break.
I have 30 minutes for break cause i only work 9-3
Finished it in 10 minutes.
My review?

FUCK OFF
/10

Seriously don't know why i bother anymore.

Top Bottom