• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There really is nothing more mainstream than battling Michael Strahan while Kelly Ripa beatboxes at 10am.

If Cena ran for president, he would have a heck of a shot, no matter what party.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching Raw from last night.

For some reason big dork Rusev is really funny to me.
KuGsj.gif

Sexy Chucky T retiring would make sense if he didn't get anywhere during his WWE try-outs. I can't picture him in Mexico or Japan, and I don't think he can get much higher in the US indies. He would probably be at about the same level if went to the UK or Germany to work indies there. If there's no upward progression, what's the point for an independent wrestler?

Rusev knocked it out of the park last night. What a great talent.

Indeed. Can we just jump to his face turn already so he can be the massive babyface WWE's been looking for?

If you need a stopgap, team Rusev and Cena up for a tag run, let Cena show Rusev the glories of America in backstage segments, get Cena to actually put Rusev over as the next great American hero, and let Rusev run as the strong, sympathetic babyface.

Cagey

Banned
There really is nothing more mainstream than battling Michael Strahan while Kelly Ripa beatboxes at 10am.

America has already forgotten Real Ass Michael Strahan.

It makes me shed a single tear every day.

gfntfignvpbfj0hmb9uo.gif

#92 in my guidebooks but #1 in my heart. #watchthegap

America has already forgotten Real Ass Michael Strahan.

It makes me shed a single tear every day.

gfntfignvpbfj0hmb9uo.gif

#92 in my guidebooks but #1 in my heart. #watchthegap
Do you remember when Tiki thought he was gonna have a bigger off the field career than Strahan? :mjlol: He's doing some no name sports talk radio show while Strahan is on Fox NFL, GMA, and Kelly and Michael.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cena has been getting real ass cheers for weeks now, and it's growing. The Universe is behind him. Even the Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks thing has become a rallying cry.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just find it funny that Rusev managed to come out of the ultimate burial angle more interesting than he was before it. The whole "evil Russian" gimmick was lame as fuck even 20 years ago.

Dude should be booked as a boisterous, vodka-swilling, bear man. Basically, he should be Zangief.

dream

Daytime Strahan is fascinating to watch. He's cultivated his persona so well, presenting a character that is exotic enough to tantalize housewives with his blackness, but is neither sexually nor racially threatening to the audience's white, upper-middle class sensibilities. But sometimes he has a co-host who knows what's up, like Erin Andrews a few weeks back, and you can actually sense that he's thinking about sports and pussy but has to hold back.

Cagey

Banned
Do you remember when Tiki thought he was gonna have a bigger off the field career than Strahan? :mjlol: He's doing some no name sports talk radio show while Strahan is on Fox NFL, GMA, and Kelly and Michael.

Tiki fancied himself a Renaissance Man and envisioned his role with NBC transcending sports, pop culture, etc. He thought he was Nightly News-tier, not Today-tier. He was always a bit arrogant but he had that megawatt smile and boyish look, gave great interviews to the press during his playing days, some twinmagic with Ronde to continually feed human interest stories for mainstream coverage, and he posted some all-time great RB seasons towards the end (second highest total yards in one season all-time, fell 60 short of Faulk's record despite underuse in the beginning of the season), so all was ignored.

Then he dumped on Eli, Eli responded with a GOAT-tier fuck you run, his arrogance didn't make him any new friends at NBC, he cheated on his 9-months-pregnant-with-twins wife with a college intern, and lol.

Strahan and Tiki had beef dating back to a Strahan contract dispute circa 2002 that Tiki spoke up about publicy and Strahan didn't take kindly to a teammate commenting on his money matters.

That said, Stardust is a dead-end gimmick, and I wish Cody Rhodes would dump it for something else that at least has some potential.

It's OK if the entire gym is racks and you're the only one there and you're seven feet tall.

Also, who's going to challenge the best pure striker in the game?

Angry Grimace

Owens doing the The Only One Allowed to Defeat You trope is weird, really.

Top Bottom