• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Overness ranking right now?

Brock
Dean
Owens
Cena
Cesaro
Rollins
New Day
Prime Time Players (Mostly Titus)
Bray
Roman
Ziggler
Neville
Rusev

Is that list in order because I feel like people really sleep on how over Seth is as a heel. If the Authority turned on Rollins tomorrow, they'd be the babyfaces.

Gonzalez

Banned
why do they need to build someone up from scratch anyways

why would that be a thing that matters to anyone
Because it's a good way to message ones ego.

"You see that guy didn't get over on his own. I molded, and made him the star that he is today."

Apparently Bill DeMont was like that behind the scenes.

Fox318

Is that list in order because I feel like people really sleep on how over Seth is as a heel. If the Authority turned on Rollins tomorrow, they'd be the babyfaces.

Seth gets dragged up and down based on the program he's in.

I wasn't really sure where to put him.

Striker

His dad's death, I guess?
He's right though. He should've been pushed in this "I'm Cody Rhodes" manner back when he was in that mini-feud with the Authority back in its infancy (few months in; now the faction has been terribly overdone). But ever since he's just been used a tag team and a feud with Goldust that went nowhere and basically became a jobber again. So if they did offer it, good on him for declining it. That's weak shit by creative.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guess they will have to make due with the dozen or so potential main eventers they have now, along with their existing top guys, how will they ever manage?

Oh relying on the same guys for years and years?

I know you guys love that.

jmdajr

Cena is the guy until he's no longer.

Tons of talent, but Hulk Hogan mainstream level talent? Who?

You can't simply book your way into that (although some would say they did with Cena).

The last decade's been fun, let's do this for another decade

NXT or the indies: which one will be dead by the time that decade's done

Everything in wrestling in the USA/Canada will be dead in 10 years time except TNA, though they'll be down to running shows in front of <20 drunken rednecks in an armory somewhere in Alabama...

JavyOO7

Roman should be the guy. He should be wrecking everyone and never lose. I have a feeling he's going to eat the pin against Bray in Battleground... and I think Bray is great. Bad match up where none of these two need to lose right now.

Heel

CJ5EM4KWwAAnNRc.jpg

klonere

Banned
Hello friends,

I decided I'd take a dive into WCW and am wondering if I should start with the first Nitro on the Network (Dec, 4 1995) plus accompanying PPVs or just skip right to the Memorial Day Nitro with Scott Hall's Outsider promo. Would I miss out on anything real big by jumping straight to the genesis of the NWO angle?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hello friends,

I decided I'd take a dive into WCW and am wondering if I should start with the first Nitro on the Network (Dec, 4 1995) plus accompanying PPVs or just skip right to the Memorial Day Nitro with Scott Hall's Outsider promo. Would I miss out on anything real big by jumping straight to the genesis of the NWO angle?

Everything before the NWO arrives in 1996 WCW is garbage. Basically skip anything that has Hulk Hogan as a face.

Unless it's FUNB Hogan.

Fox318

Everything before the NWO arrives in 1996 WCW is garbage. Basically skip anything that has Hulk Hogan as a face.

Unless it's FUNB Hogan.

Arn Anderson and Ric Flair have a good match at Fall Brawl 95

Benoit vs Eddie on early Nintros are great matches

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 7/13:

8pm: 3.432
9pm: 3.512
10pm: 3.647

Avg: 3.513

Hey at least the viewership went up every hour.

The new Home Run derby ran way with the viewership doing 7.126 million and 2.5 18-49 demo. Way up from last year.

Unless it's FUNB Hogan.

There's a few Brian Pillman matches and incidents worth watching! However, yeah don't bother with the never ending Hogan v Dungeon of Doom feud unless you really love WrestleCrap.

I can't remember anything else from 1995 other than that horrible feud and Brian Pillman.

JavyOO7

The early Nitro's are fun because they're an hour. Even less so since there's no commercials on the network. So 45 minutes of fun. I dread going into the 2 hours Nitros...

Zach

Hello friends,

Unless it's FUNB Hogan.

Don't listen to Data West. This is the first time he and I have ever disagreed. We were soulmates until today. Start from the beginning. Dat Mongo and Pepe.

And you can go to heck, Data West. Straight to heck.

JavyOO7

And oh yeah, if you are to watch Fall Brawl '95, don't skip the opening match. 25 minutes of Pillman and Johnny B Badd having a great match. Even my boy Mark Frenlen gave that match four stars...

klonere

Banned
The early Nitro's are fun because they're an hour. Even less so since there's no commercials on the network. So 45 minutes of fun. I dread going into the 2 hours Nitros...

Yeah the Memorial Day 96 Nitro is the beginning of the 2 hour era. i watched the opener which was Flair/Anderson vs AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES. Anderson and Buff in the same ring seems like the most hilarious mismatch.

Don't listen to Data West. This is the first time he and I have ever disagreed. We were soulmates until today. Start from the beginning. Dat Mongo and Pepe.

And you can go to heck, Data West. Straight to heck.

I'm sorry to have driven this wedge between you two.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cena is the guy until he's no longer.

Tons of talent, but Hulk Hogan mainstream level talent? Who?

You can't simply book your way into that (although some would say they did with Cena).

Actually I'd argue the one they really booked into that was The Rock, even though they seemingly failed at it for 2 1/2 years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When is WWE gonna team up Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose for a tag team themed around "people who get into bar fights?"

It books itself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And oh yeah, if you are to watch Fall Brawl '95, don't skip the opening match. 25 minutes of Pillman and Johnny B Badd having a great match. Even my boy Mark Frenlen gave that match four stars...

That's the one. Fucking go figure, huh? Crazy that it was as good as it was.

Zach

What are the biggest pops/reactions in wrassle history? Off the top of my head:

• Goldberg beats Hogan
  • Luger beats Hogan
  • Malenko as Ciclope
  • Austin coming out to help Mankind win the belt
What else?

Toki767

WWE treated the whole NXT divas thing so weird last night.

They debuted on the Raw before a PPV.

They were introduced by Stephanie who I guess turned face? I don't know. Maybe she's only a face to the Divas roster.

The crowd knew them which was nice, but with absolutely no build up at all, debuting 3 people one after another makes it feel like WWE expects the crowd to already know them which is silly when a small fraction of their audience even watches NXT.

After all that, there was no backstage interview or anything afterwards.

There isn't even a divas match scheduled for the show on Sunday at this time. Which means they already made very little plans for them as is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What are the biggest pops/reactions in wrassle history? Off the top of my head:

• Goldberg beats Hogan
  • Luger beats Hogan
  • Malenko as Ciclope
  • Austin coming out to help Mankind win the belt
What else?

Linda McMahon getting out of the wheelchair is the biggest pop ever.

dream

WWE treated the whole NXT divas thing so weird last night.

They debuted on the Raw before a PPV.

They were introduced by Stephanie who I guess turned face? I don't know. Maybe she's only a face to the Divas roster.

The crowd knew them which was nice, but with absolutely no build up at all, debuting 3 people one after another makes it feel like WWE expects the crowd to already know them which is silly when a small fraction of their audience even watches NXT.

After all that, there was no backstage interview or anything afterwards.

There isn't even a divas match scheduled for the show on Sunday at this time. Which means they already made very little plans for them as is.

and it ended with the total divas theme playing

They became just another group of girls in 3 minutes. Pretty amazing, really

Menome

I know he's unfortunately just a bad joke right now, but I've not missed any Damien Sandow appearances the past 2-3 weeks have I? Not had as much time as usual to also catch up with Smackdown or browse through the WWE Network snippets.

As a relative newbie to WWE too, is there anywhere that shows which wrestlers are due to appear on a particular programme each week?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane returning to RAW in the highest rated segment in US wrestling history. That pop was also bananas.

Funny how many of these are 2001-2002.

Toki767

and it ended with the total divas theme playing

They became just another group of girls in 3 minutes. Pretty amazing, really

I noticed that too. They couldn't even just play Paige's music or something.

Still firmly believe all of them only got called up to do some weird match for SummerSlam and then Becky and Sasha will go back to NXT with Charlotte being the only one who stays on the main roster.

Zach

Linda McMahon getting out of the wheelchair is the biggest pop ever.

I think I saw that when it happened and don't remember the reaction. Maybe I just wasn't invested myself. I'll have to check it out.

DDP as the stalker

Yeah, that was pretty good.

Hogan Hulking Up at WM18.

You know, I'm not 100% sure I've ever seen that. I look forward to getting around to it.

Kane returning to RAW in the highest rated segment in US wrestling history. That pop was also bananas.

Funny how many of these are 2001-2002.

Don't remember this at all.

P.S. Kane. In 2001-2002.

Top Bottom