• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

MG310

At least Stardust is out of that R-Truth feud over water spiders or whatever the hell it was and he posted this so the Amell thing might be back on for Summerslam.

CJ2Eq4vWoAQNbHq.jpg

Fox318

It looks he doesn't want to get a push based off his fathers death like how Rey was pushed after Eddie died.

His wife posted a blog on the subject

http://www.beingbrandirunnels.com/?p=107

aCacHfUl.jpg

This blog will put some people off. I do not apologize. Chances are if it does you are the kind of person I am speaking of. Last night my husband returned to RAW to finish what he started and some “fans” we’re peeved with him ANGRY because they wanted something else. They wanted him to use what happened to his father as a “stepping stone”. Not for Cody, but for themselves. Maybe that’s to feel better about everything or maybe they are just that selfish. But to publicly crap on the most courageous thing someone in this position could do which was pick up and carry on and do it brilliantly, shame on you.

For people who say “he needed to do that for Dusty”…hold on there happy pants, you never knew Dusty. You never sat in his living room or the PC and heard him PRAISE his work. All of it. And appreciate the way Cody took everything and anything and turned it into brilliance, Summer plans that he came up with himself…How he NEVER QUITS AT ANYTHING. And I bet you never saw the screen saver on his phone…that I won’t share with you. He admired these things about Cody how all of his fans should. Instead some complain and moan and complain and tweet and say “I’m just so upset because I am his number one fan”. Newsflash…putting “Rhodes” somewhere in your Twitter handle does not a fan make. Being there, especially in a time like this, without ulterior motives is what makes the best fans. And we have PLENTY and their voices are heard and we appreciate you.

Sometimes you have to take a stand and say something, like last night when my husband after being away grieving for a month was yelled to as we are loading our car “come take a picture with us, we pay your bills”. It didn’t get her a picture. It got her choice words from me because no one owns us. I like Garth Brooks, I’ve paid money to see him live, hear his music. But I would never dare say to Mr. Brooks “take a picture with me because I pay your bills”. But hey, I’m not a complete idiot…pride myself in that. But to say something like that to someone who’s been through SO much in the past month…

Ok we all have lost someone. I took the loss of my grandmother very hard. But my grandmother was my grandmother. She had her immediate family and friends grieving, not the whole world. No one posted videos of her or did network specials on her and everywhere I went I didn’t have people talking to me about her, strangers basically poking me on the forehead, day in and day out saying “hey remember when your grandma died? Remember? Remember? Remember?????”

Now I’m not saying it’s wrong to send love and condolences. I’m just saying that unless your situation was the exact same you do not know how it feels. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT FEELS.

This is my place to say what’s on my mind and I feel I just did. I am very happy for the true blues and the die hards. Patience is a virtue and we all are guilty of Internet complaining from time to time. But when you take a step back and look at THE BIG PICTURE often times we find that there are reasons for everything. The world is not against you because something on TV didn’t go your way. Trust me, things could be far worse.

AND PLEASE for the love of precious puppies…

Do not comment on here with how I should be more “understanding” or not talk about this or take a “high road” or how I’m too big for this and people are jealous and all of that. If you feel urged to say that go back and re-read you missed the point completely. If this makes you uncomfortable GOOD. Sit and wallow in it a minute and know how it feels to be on the other side. I don’t want advice, or opposing opinions on this one. Listen and digest is all.

Always,

Brandi Runnels.

some fans really got to him last night.

I feel like they are in a unique situation where if this was any other job he could go back and it wouldn't be an issue. Nobody would expect a change in character or something in the real world to spill over if he worked any other job but wrestling has a unique history for better or worse of using real life events and weave them in a storyline. I mean part of the appeal of a Goldust vs Stardust matchup at mania was their relationship as a family not as tag team partners or characters in gold paint.

Its not my place to say how somebody should feel due to the tragedy of this and the culture of working in wrestling but I honestly believe that the Stardust character isn't over on any level and last night's booking was so bizarre.

If they wanted to make fans still treat him as a heel so he could continue the Green Arrow thing at Summerslam they should have given him a jobber entrance, had him lose in his match back, and not promoted this as his match back after the real life death of his father. There are going to be some fans that want to root for him because they feel sorry for him and some that want something different from what is the respectable thing but letting the nuts on twitter get to you is only gonna make things worse for you.

Sephzilla

Stephen Amell basically put on a wrestling promo at comic-con in character as Green Arrow. If we legit get a Green Arrow vs Stardust feud I'm going to mark out.

Fox318

Who are these fans that scream stuff like “come take a picture with us, we pay your bills” and "sign my ____ Punk, I bought your house" ?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like Paul Heyman has been doing the same Brock Lesnar promos for 3 years now.

This seasons format is a disaster. They aren't even teaching anything wrestling related, its a joke. What does half the shit they do have to do with wrestling?

Its so disjointed and unorganized. At least thats the way it comes off to me.

I feel like Paul Heyman has been doing the same Brock Lesnar promos for 3 years now.

He has. Just like Wyatt has been too.

Gotta change it up every now and then Jesus.

jmdajr

This seasons format is a disaster. They aren't even teaching anything wrestling related, its a joke. What does half the shit they do have to do with wrestling?

Its so disjointed and unorganized. At least thats the way it comes off to me.

How can you become WWE Champ is you don't swim in a swamp filled with gators?

NoRéN

I give it til the beginning of Fall for his fans to forget they ever clinged to his every word and start complaining every time he's on TV.

Shame as the man could sell a match between Brie and a brisket.

jmdajr

Ziggler being written off TV has fueled speculation that there might be contract issues between him and WWE, but that is not the case.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Ziggler has indeed signed a new deal with WWE, and he was written off TV as he is currently in Vancouver shooting the upcoming WWE Studios movie “6:42.” The movie is a thriller, and Ziggler will play a cop named Ray Fitzpatrick, who has to overcome his past while dealing with a plot to blow up a child with a bomb strapped to their chest.

Filming of the movie is scheduled to last four weeks, which will put Ziggler back on WWE TV in mid-August and in time for the SummerSlam PPV.

Well at least he's getting paid not taking bumps. Vacation time. Sort of.

Hex

Banned
At least Stardust is out of that R-Truth feud over water spiders or whatever the hell it was and he posted this so the Amell thing might be back on for Summerslam.

CJ2Eq4vWoAQNbHq.jpg

I don't know, a crazy super hero Truth could be entertaining

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i am dean ambrose i am feeling a little crazy today and i am going to hurt you
i am roman reigns i am unstoppable and i am going to get my vengeance
i am seth rollins i am not going to lose i am a winner
i am bray waytt i am heah
i am john cena i accept all challengers i am going to win
i am sheamus i am confident in my ability to win

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If you break it down enough every promo is "I rule and am gonna win."

scabro

I think you might have a point. I mean, Vince isnt even bothering to cut Heyman's mic anymore. If that doesn't show how Heyman is only cutting stock Lesnar promos now without any threat of shooting, i dont know what would.

jmdajr

Well it's a competition. I guess we can have some guy there talking about wanting to go on the best losing streak of all time.

Angry Grimace

So Dean Ambrose is the most over face right now, right? Is he even in Battleground at all?

Zach

It's almost as bad as a basketball coach being interviewed at the half.

Angry Grimace

He's not.

Unless he gets a promo, or a preshow match. He ain't even technically in a feud right now

...didn't he main event the last two PPVs

I can't imagine he's not showing up at all. I assume he has to be running interference for either Roman or Seth-kun?

Its weird, because with all this influx of talent, we should be on an uptick, but man the rigid structure of how they handle talent on RAW and SD are so outdated, and quit frankly boring.

HHH has really done an outstanding job with NXT, he really has.

Angry Grimace

Its weird, because with all this influx of talent, we should be on an uptick, but man the rigid structure of how they handle talent on RAW and SD are so outdated, and quit frankly boring.

I don't know. It seems pretty apparent to me that the fans eat up the carny ass russo shit, they just say they don't.

Fox318

He raided the shit out of the indies.

Which was the right move since post OVW WWE has yet to prove it can build o somebody up from scratch.

Who is the biggest star or talent that doesn't have a family connection or extensive time on the indies? A pure WWE product.

Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, and Rusev?

Angry Grimace

why do they need to build someone up from scratch anyways

why would that be a thing that matters to anyone

He raided the shit out of the indies.

Which was the right move since post OVW WWE has yet to prove it can build o somebody up from scratch.

Who is the biggest star or talent that doesn't have a family connection or extensive time on the indies? A pure WWE product.

Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, and Rusev?

He can only raid the indies for so long. Eventually they'll end up getting complete unknowns that actually suck, because everyone else will either 1) already be there, 2) refuse to go there, or 3) retire

Heel

All this "talent" and none can draw a dime, brotha.

Angry Grimace

He can only raid the indies for so long. Eventually they'll end up getting complete unknowns that actually suck, because everyone else will either 1) already be there, 2) refuse to go there, or 3) retire

Just wait for the indies to restock, man.

They've got plenty of future midcard jobbers in NXT they can bring up for the foreseeable future.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
never too late to join the winning team pepsi
Just wait for the indies to restock, man.

They've got plenty of future midcard jobbers in NXT they can bring up for the foreseeable future.

there's far more davey richards 'types' in the indies than sami zayn's. they'll run out very quickly.

Ugh, Dr. Davey Richards is going to almost cure so many patients only to let the diseases rally back just so that he can show off what a sweet work rate he has.

Aiii

So not worth it
never too late to join the winning team pepsi

there's far more davey richards 'types' in the indies than sami zayn's. they'll run out very quickly.

Guess they will have to make due with the dozen or so potential main eventers they have now, along with their existing top guys, how will they ever manage?

Top Bottom