• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Yep. Most irritating thing that this is celeberated as #GiveDivasAChance. Give Divas A Chance wasn't about getting more women on the roster, its about giving them something to do. There is still jackshit. They are still as buried as The Ascension.

Holy hell.

I forgot the The Ascension was on the main roster.

Yep. Most irritating thing that this is celeberated as #GiveDivasAChance. Give Divas A Chance wasn't about getting more women on the roster, its about giving them something to do. There is still jackshit. They are still as buried as The Ascension.

#GiveDivasAChance was about hijacking a movement started by R-Truth by slimy and racist NXT fans to divert attention from him and onto the Divas division. But only the Divas they want.

dream

Someone getting over in the "Full Sail University" Arena because they wear blue pants just says it all about those lonely, loathesome losers.

klonere

Banned
Fans gave them the worst response of any NXT call up. Emma looked like Hoke Hokgan in comparison. They weren't even getting pops when they were legend killing.

They weren't very good in NXT. They've been in developmental for probably a decade combined. They attempted a throwback gimmick and it came off lame as hell.

They needed a Raw after Mania type reaction like the one that New Day got to salvage them as a team.

Someone getting over in the "Full Sail University" Arena because they wear blue pants just says it all about those lonely, loathesome losers.

Wait until the main roster, friend.

That heel turn, where she tears off the pants to reveal red pants underneath, is going to leave everyone in the world legit shook. All heroes fall in the end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Nakanishi was a mother fucking monster in the late 90s. I don't know why he wasn't the face of NJPW from that point forward.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Nakanishi was a mother fucking monster in the late 90s. I don't know why he wasn't the face of NJPW from that point forward.

He really was incredible. Still gets those sympathy pops, but he was on a whole other level in the late 90s.

Anth0ny

They're all fine moments, but they really can't hold a candle the late 90s pops

No doubt. Rock, Austin and even guys like the New Age Outlaws were getting reactions that loud on a weekly basis.

Austin coming out on Jan 4/1999 to help Mankind win the title is probably my favourite pop of all time. So great.

Inoki was very high on him and he was really popular in the late 90's, but the MMA shit happened and he became an afterthought. They were setting it up so that his eventual win over Kensuke would be a big deal, maybe for the title, but it happened a year or so too late with little fanfare.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Inoki was very high on him and he was really popular in the late 90's, but the MMA shit happened and he became an afterthought. They were setting it up so that his eventual win over Kensuke would be a big deal, maybe for the title, but it happened a year or so too late with little fanfare.

Yeah but who didn't have an MMA period during those days. Even Muta was doing that fucking armbar.

kiguel182

The Ascension had no change of getting over from the minute they changed their gimmick, had the commentators shitting on them every week and got nothing to do.

They were never great to begin with, or even really over at NXT but their main-roster debut was really really bad.

But not every NXT person is going to get over anyway, the way NXT gives their talent a chance and protects them allows for way more people getting over than Raw does. NXT also has some continuity and embraces weird things quickly (like Blue Pants). Not that the Ascencion's fall was because of that, I mean this more in a general way.

Heel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJlvq1qJGw

NeTttNal.png

RP912

Banned
I miss the days where creative would find a way to get a new wrestler over to the crowd. The last time something like that happened was with the Shield debut. It was fresh, new and original compared to the Ascension getting the worst type of segments and JBL burying them to the center of the earth. It was pathetic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They are such a bad team. There is nothing cool about them at all. They look like they are dressed up for Halloween as the LOD, its bad, its real bad.

Having your lame Road Warriors ripoffs expressly call out the Road Warriors was the worst idea since showing up to a party with a boner in sweatpants.

RP912

Banned
The question is how would you book the Ascension on Raw? They came out of no where on NXT and were successful. How can you put those dudes over to the "universe" that probably never heard of tag teams like the Road Warriors and even The Nasty Boys :/?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I miss the days where creative would find a way to get a new wrestler over to the crowd. The last time something like that happened was with the Shield debut. It was fresh, new and original compared to the Ascension getting the worst type of segments and JBL burying them to the center of the earth. It was pathetic.

The wrestlers get themselves over on the mic. Pretty much everyone in NXT and WWE is better as a wrestler than Dean Ambrose is, but that doesn't actually matter.

The question is how would you book the Ascension on Raw? They came out of no where on NXT and were successful. How can you put those dudes over to the "universe" that probably never heard of tag teams like the Road Warriors and even The Nasty Boys :/?

I honestly don't know how you make tag teams not boring nonsense. In any case, I wouldn't have them trot out with an intentional Road Warrior rip-off gimmick talking about how much better they are than them and Demolition, etc. Sure, 3/4 of the fans don't even know who that is, and the 1/4 that does thinks its lame.

RP912

Banned
The wrestlers get themselves over on the mic. Pretty much everyone in NXT and WWE is better as a wrestler than Dean Ambrose is, but that doesn't actually matter.

Sometimes action speaks better than words, as you can see with them shitty segments of the Ascension. Honestly, they should have beat down the usos or something to atleast get them a head start with getting over to the crowd.

I wouldn't, friend.

Sounds about right.

Angry Grimace

WWE has long been fans of booking the tag division as being full of teams which are two guys who have the exact same gimmick and act the same at all times.

dream

Have them cut a promo on Hawk for heel heat, then push them as straight edge, face painted, juggalo monsters.

Angry Grimace

Have them cut a promo on Hawk for heel heat, then push them as straight edge, face painted, juggalo monsters.

So make them the group of bags who talk shit about dead wrestlers. Sounds like it would be reaaaaaaaaaaaal popular.

Top Bottom