• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Malenko as Ciclope was pretty fuckin' thunderous, but I'd need to study the tapes for the biggest one.

Watching these old clips makes me sad as a newer wrestlers are this over and it's a lot of the same guys in these clips from 15 years ago that are still main eventing for some reason.

Watching these old clips makes me sad as a newer wrestlers are this over and it's a lot of the same guys in these clips from 15 years ago that are still main eventing for some reason.

It messes me up too. Right now I'm watching a Hogan/Big Show match from a random WCW show (I think pre-NWO), and it's something else to know that one of these two can't even take a bump today without spending a week in the hospital afterwards, and the other one...is wrestling for a belt in 5 days on PPV.

dream

At a media scrum over the weekend, CM Punk said that Duke Roufus is telling him his best area right now is his striking. Which may say what a lot of people figured about his jiu jitsu.

so go fuck yourselves, haters

Heel

The Rener BJJ is just too playful for cage fighting, dream. I dunno if that says anything about his striking prowess. Personally, I'll wait for The Undertaker to weigh in.

What are the biggest pops/reactions in wrassle history? Off the top of my head:

• Goldberg beats Hogan
  • Luger beats Hogan
  • Malenko as Ciclope
  • Austin coming out to help Mankind win the belt
What else?

Jericho pinning HHH on a Raw before the Dusty finish.

Miz doesn't remember his mania win because of a concussion.

oQJVpma.gif

What are the biggest pops/reactions in wrassle history? Off the top of my head:

• Goldberg beats Hogan
  • Luger beats Hogan
  • Malenko as Ciclope
  • Austin coming out to help Mankind win the belt
What else?

The other obvious candidate: British Bulldog pins Bret Hart at Wembley for the IC title.

Oersted

WWE treated the whole NXT divas thing so weird last night.

They debuted on the Raw before a PPV.

They were introduced by Stephanie who I guess turned face? I don't know. Maybe she's only a face to the Divas roster.

The crowd knew them which was nice, but with absolutely no build up at all, debuting 3 people one after another makes it feel like WWE expects the crowd to already know them which is silly when a small fraction of their audience even watches NXT.

After all that, there was no backstage interview or anything afterwards.

There isn't even a divas match scheduled for the show on Sunday at this time. Which means they already made very little plans for them as is.

Yep. Most irritating thing that this is celeberated as #GiveDivasAChance. Give Divas A Chance wasn't about getting more women on the roster, its about giving them something to do. There is still jackshit. They are still as buried as The Ascension.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ummm, Divas matches quintupled in length since Give Divas a Chance started. Less fucky finishes too, though like the men they have waay too many distraction finishes on RAW.

NoRéN

Yep. Most irritating thing that this is celeberated as #GiveDivasAChance. Give Divas A Chance wasn't about getting more women on the roster, its about giving them something to do. There is still jackshit. They are still as buried as The Ascension.

Exactly.

But, at least Stephanie got to pat herself on the back.

Top Bottom