• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

Raw on Monday did 3.54 million viewers, the second lowest number in the last 17 years not on a holiday or during football season.

Goddamn. I wonder if Destination America will pick them up when USA cancels the show.

Heel

Gareth Johnston 4 months ago
For those of you whos calling jbl a wanker, did you not see the worried look in his eye after eddie fell? He pinned him and shouted at the ref to hurry up so the medical etf and all could help him.

Jexcis V. “Papillon” Castrillon B. 4 months ago (edited)
everybody fail to react terribly, just the look in his eyes in 1:27 is enough to tell something was very wrong. The only one who reacted was JBL, in a so smart thought from him, in a move to keep the show going so the public didn't realize that they were watching something tragic

Saddam Hussein 5 months ago
Proof it's real: the moment the heart attack started the "commentators" stfu cause that wasn't in the script. JBL did the right thing in ending it as quickly as possible. Even the ref was confused.

Tristan McCray 2 months ago
all you gotta do is look at JBL's face to tell this wasn't in the script

Fredo Gee 3 months ago
Y all really stupid if you think this was fake. Real stupid

pattycakes pattypie 1 month ago
Oh god the stupidity in the comment section is astounding. This wasn't scripted, he was passing out. This likely happened from his drug abuse problems and the amount of adrenaline he just released from throwing all those people. Also, he did not die here. He died of heart failure a year later in a hotel room. This clearly was not scripted, it is apparent in the look of terror in his eyes, the way JBL knew something was not right, and the commentator's reaction.

Dialtos 1 month ago
JBL pinned Eddie to end the match asap so medical help could get in. Like people say, look at his face and it says it all. All wrestling matches are scripted and JBL knew something was wrong. For those of you saying the Eddie faked this and that it was pre recorded to happen, you're walking in cloud cuckoo land and prove how stupid you really are. Eddie had a cardiac arrest here. His body gave out. He didn't know what was going on. He technically died right there and then. We were watching him go. It's sad, but that's the price you pay for stardom in

Spiderman 2 weeks ago
what on earth took these idiots so long to figure out this was and emergency... they already know that the fighters are on tons of gear and pain killers just to make it in the industry... that ref should have known right away to get paramedics ring side... the shit show of watching the dude suffer cardiac arrest went on for way too long

What do you guys think? Did JBL's face tell the story? I'm open to your opinions, and will reserve judgement until I've heard from WrassleGAF.

thefro

Yep. Most irritating thing that this is celeberated as #GiveDivasAChance. Give Divas A Chance wasn't about getting more women on the roster, its about giving them something to do. There is still jackshit. They are still as buried as The Ascension.

It's really just sub-par booking to debut those three at once out of nowhere, particularly since they didn't have any of their NXT lights/titantrons. It might have been okay if they were all on the same side, but we've got 3 factions for some reason. They could have easily spent some time to build up the roll-out, introduce people one at a time, run some quick vignettes for the new three before they debut.

I mean, it can still work, but they need TV time for all three of them to wrestle and talk (especially Sasha Banks since she's a great promo). It seems like we're going to be getting 3 minute long six man tag matches and crap like that.

just caught up on RAW. The Cesaro/Rusev fight was fucking bananas. Great stuff. Too bad Cena had to be there to put his shit spin on it.

I might be in the minority but I found the Divas segment to be cringeworthy bad. Just a terrible way to introduce these new girls.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wii U hardware is so underpowered that it can't format an external hard drive without an external power source.

You can't make this shit up.

Truth vs Barrett (Battle for the Crown) is the Battleground preshow. Who will be the one true real King? Not Dean Ambrose, who's still got nothing to do for the show

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Truth vs Barrett (Battle for the Crown) is the Battleground preshow. Who will be the one true real King? Not Dean Ambrose, who's still got nothing to do for the show

He's gonna run in and get his face melted when Roman Reigns rejoins with Seth Rollins to defeat Brock Lesnar.

jred2k

They'll have to announce a match or two on Smackdown. Right now we have:

Lesnar vs. Rollins
Cena vs. Owens
New Day vs. PTP
IC Title match
Bray vs. Reigns

I can't think of anything else, but that doesn't make 3 hours.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Lesnar vs. Rollins
Cena vs. Owens
New Day vs. PTP
IC Title matcBray vs. Reigns

King of Trios Diva Style.

Bowser

just caught up on RAW. The Cesaro/Rusev fight was fucking bananas. Great stuff. Too bad Cena had to be there to put his shit spin on it.

I might be in the minority but I found the Divas segment to be cringeworthy bad. Just a terrible way to introduce these new girls.

You and me both brother. I was like "guys...this is fucking terrible" and was amazed at how many others thought it was a perfectly decent way to debut them.

Big One

Banned
For the third week in the row I skipped watching RAW and I feel great. Shit's not even worth my time anymore.

I did watch that Diva's segment though and yeah I do agree it sucked.

gurudyne

You should watch the cena matches and segments

Agreed. I haven't watched RAW since October, but Cena's doing some great work with the US title. I've caught almost every segment he's been involved in for the past few months and it's been worth the effort to track them down.

somedevil

For the third week in the row I skipped watching RAW and I feel great. Shit's not even worth my time anymore.

I did watch that Diva's segment though and yeah I do agree it sucked.

I find it funny people not watching Raw makes them feel better. Its a tv show how much damage can it do to you.

Big One

Banned
I find it funny people not watching Raw makes them feel better. Its a tv show how much damage can it do to you.
It makes me feel better cause I'm not investing any time into the ratings of the product, which WWE looks at. If they put compelling programming on I will watch, but it's up to them to decide that. There's just better things to do with your time with the state of WWE imo. WWE is about as unwatchable as TNA is.

Lesnar vs. Rollins
Cena vs. Owens
New Day vs. PTP
IC Title match
Bray vs. Reigns

I think they have Barrett vs Truth but that's relegated to pregame.

dream

I'd imagine that not watching three hours of wrestling also improves your self-esteem, and clears up your skin.

Top Bottom