• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heroman

Banned
Punk look like he in the best shape of life, good on him

This prime day sale is pure fucking garbage, dont know why they hype this shit up for.

Lum1n3s

Punk look like he in the best shape of life, good on him

This prime day sale is pure fucking garbage, dont know why they hype this shit up for.

Yeah I'm not seeing any good deals here as well, only good ones I saw were the ones listed before the sale came out.

Browny

Banned
Nah, if it was TNA, then they would have released the exact sales pricing 3 weeks ahead of time. Then everything would take a month to arrive, and be broken in transit.

Also, that NXT / Diva segment was bullshit. Completely pointless of Steph to come in and try and big up the debuts - just made me angry. Why not just have them come in and beat the shit out of the Bellas etc.

Fuck, run the outsiders angle again. Have Paige say she's going to bring dignity and respect back to the belt, and mention next week she'll have some one with her who understands the meaning of history and legacy. In comes Charlotte. Make the challenge of a 6 women tag - then have Becky debut on the night and suplex the shit out of people.

Later on, you can have Bayley debut with her star-struck gimmick - happy to be there, no matches, just hugging faces and heels all the time. No-one knows whose side she's on. Then have her hugplex everyone, and let her be a psycho for the hell of it. (Ok, perhaps not that.)

Anyway, fuck Steph and that bullshit segment.

Edit: man, that reads like an angry reddit post. I'm having one of those mornings...

Actually, he's villified for an even greater offense. Moving on from wrestling completely. See also: The Rock during the 00's, Batista, Goldberg, and more.

Wrestling fans really are like jilted lovers, having to keep making passive aggressive insults against their oblivious ex while crying themselves to sleep at night because they now have to put up with Sheamus matches instead.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, that NXT / Diva segment was bullshit. Completely pointless of Steph to come in and try and big up the debuts - just made me angry. Why not just have them come in and beat the shit out of the Bellas etc.

Why? Because they needed to be introduced. Maybe 5%, if that, of the people that tune into Raw on Monday subscribe (or subscribed at one point or another) to the Network. Steph introducing them helped a lot in making them sound like the big deal they're supposed to be.

I bet your ass if it wasn't for Steph hyping them up, it would have been crickets throughout the arena, Maggle.

Browny

Banned
Why? Because they needed to be introduced. Maybe 5%, if that, of the people that tune into Raw on Monday subscribe (or subscribed at one point or another) to the Network. Steph introducing them helped a lot in making them sound like the big deal they're supposed to be.

I bet your ass if it wasn't for Steph hyping them up, it would have been crickets throughout the arena, Maggle.

I see your point - but they should be able to get a decent debut without needing Steph. I agree - if one or more had come out to cut a promo, it would have been dead as anything. But I seem to remember the last NXT invasion went well on day one, without any promos...

I thought it was a good sell, too.

"You run this division? How about now?"

And I think building up to a SummerSlam 3 x 3 x 3 would be awesome. Just let the girls have singles and tag matches with great in-ring quality and the clashing stables in the background. Show that this new influx of talent means business.

If they're gonna have Nikki beat AJ's record, that could occupy a great chunk of the wait. Build the future while reinventing the division.

kiguel182

Tough Enough's format is a mess and the production is amateur hour at best but man, is it it fun. Sucks that is bombing because the idea of it is just really entertaining.

I knew Hogan would get pissed at Patrick for saying that but I mean, Patrick couldn't lay the smackdown on Hogan even if he had the balls to do it. When Hogan called him out he could've just pointed at Bryan as an example of what he meant and shoot straight from the hip. That would've been something.

Same thing with Tanner, I mean the guy can't cut a promo but even if he could, would he just tell Hogan he could beat him or be super harsh with him? He had no chance.

And yeah, Sara Lee has this in the bag. No way she loses. She's too cute to lose given the audience for the show.

Also, it's bullshit Mada has a gimmick so everyone has to have one. Patrick cut a way better promo. It was shooting but still better than that Mada promo that just seemed like an Ascension promo.

klonere

Banned
reddIITTT NOOOOOOOO

mPZ2SIm.png

Cagey

Banned
Is it more socially acceptable to say you watch fake sports or my little pony?

A grown man watching the Hulu recap of Raw on their phone sitting at Starbucks will get random people thinking "huh wrestling still exists?" and "he knows it's fake, right"?

A grown man watching the latest episode of My Little Pony in that same setting will have people quickly ushering their children away from the table.

Fox318

A grown man watching the Hulu recap of Raw on their phone sitting at Starbucks will get random people thinking "huh wrestling still exists?" and "he knows it's fake, right"?

A grown man watching the latest episode of My Little Pony in that same setting will have people quickly ushering their children away from the table.
cZy61tb.jpg

kiguel182

Yeah, wrestling is way more acceptable than My Little Pony. It's not even comparable.

My Little Pony is on the level of watching hentai.

Cagey

Banned
Remember back in the 90s when wrasslers would get made into South Park characters.

In the mid-2010s, we get My Little Pony.

Attitude Era stays winning.

Seeing the reactions to Iwata's death, what happens when Vince dies?

While I probably love WWE just as much as I love Nintendo I think Iwata's death hit me a lot harder than Vince's will.

I'm not a Vince hater, but Iwata's early death from a rare and incredibly deadly cancer just seems so much more unfortunate.

Iwata was directly responsible for so much joy throughout my entire life and, while I've been watching Wrestling for over 20 years now, I'm not sure how much of that I could say Vince was directly responsible for.

Nintendo is in such a precarious position right now and I don't know who is going to take over and what their policies will be. I worry for the future of Nintendo.

I think the WWE will be left in good hands with HHH if Vince ever actually dies.

Fox318

Remember back in the 90s when wrasslers would get made into South Park characters.

In the mid-2010s, we get My Little Pony.

Attitude Era stays winning.
Back when fans brought in as many signs as they could?

Now it's : "we have enough Bryan signs, why not hold a Roman Reigns sign?"

Cagey

Banned
I much prefer skinny fat Punk to that... He's entering the Wiz Khalifa/Snoop Dogg body type.

I don't know, I think CM Yelawolf is looking pretty good to be honest.

He's not rail thin, not yet. Though if he's not sporting visible abdominals then what the fuck was his bodyfat percentage really at before this UFC training began...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know of any great Hillbilly Jim matches. Does ANYONE know of any that were truly good? I just simply haven't seen anything incredible from him.

tFvif5t.jpg

Fox318

I don't know of any great Hillbilly Jim matches. Does ANYONE know of any that were truly good? I just simply haven't seen anything incredible from him.

tFvif5t.jpg
I had a 5 star match with him vs Benoit vs Ultima Dragon in here comes the pain.

Who would have thought Hillbilly jim could do a triple moonsault off the hell in a cell

Cagey

Banned
Back when fans brought in as many signs as they could?

Now it's : "we have enough Bryan signs, why not hold a Roman Reigns sign?"

I do miss the days of crowds being a sea of barely censored cardboard with hastily written words on them.

Who needs unobstructed views of people staring down at their phones? Bring back the days of five separate groups of dudes bringing their own single letter SUPLEX CITY signs.

Fox318

I do miss the days of crowds being a sea of barely censored cardboard with hastily written words on them.

Who needs unobstructed views of people staring down at their phones? Bring back the days of five separate groups of dudes bringing their own single letter SUPLEX CITY signs.
Amen brother.

And when Tyler Breeze comes down it can be SEX CITY

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ishii & Gedo make a fantastic pair of stereotypical anime high school delinquents.

Okada's the shitty bully with no real muscle to back it up. YOSHI-HASHI is the bad kid trying to do good, or has overbearing parents that make him try. Gedo and Ishii are already all about that life. Sakuraba's a frustrated, frustrated teacher. Yano's too old to be in that classroom. Who did I miss? Nakamura, he thinks he's special and is, but needs to change his shoes.

Top Bottom