• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're in more denial than Firefly, Hannibal, or Deadwood fans.*

*I know because I'm in the latter two categories :[

Deadwood is an excellent show, unfortunately most of the more casual fans of the show just think it's a good show because it's dark, and there's a lot of swearing. Sucks for those of us who want to discuss the actual history and way it's presented because it's legitimately really fucking fascinating.

It helps it had probably the best fight scene of any movie.

Season 3 spoilers, but here it is, the fucking best goddamn fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blki-DISUis

THE GODDAMN BEST. and I've watched a lot of fight scenes, this one was one FUCKING hell of a build-up and payoff.

I was scared for Dan. I liked Dan a LOT. I was sure he'd die.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So wait WrassleGaf doesn't like Owens?

He's entertaining at least. He makes a strange contrast to the other big-name heel they have right now, who just runs away constantly for no real reason.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't watch Raw enough to know if I like Owens or not beyond him looking completely weird and out of place when standing next to guys even the size of Rusev.

But what I do know is that him going to a weekly touring schedule with his banged up indie body is going to be yet another L for Triple H that Dunn needs to pounce on already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tbh I preferred Bullock vs Swearengen

That was also a heck of a build, but I wasn't so impressed with the dive from the balcony spot they did as they were getting their shit in.

Dan vs The Captain was an all-out, grimy as fuck brawl. Not to say Swearengen vs Bullock wasn't - but it wasn't so much of a spot-fest aside from poking someone's eyes out.

That was also a heck of a build, but I wasn't so impressed with the dive from the balcony spot they did as they were getting their shit in.

Dan vs The Captain was an all-out, grimy as fuck brawl. Not to say Swearengen vs Bullock wasn't - but it wasn't so much of a spot-fest aside from poking someone's eyes out.

My wife and I are rewatching Carnivale with some friends (first time they've seen it), and we only have one episode left. Deadwood, which I haven't seen since it first aired, is next on the list. Can't wait!

Star and Utter taking huge bumps as part of the match also figures into it, they were my favourite characters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My wife and I are rewatching Carnivale with some friends (first time they've seen it), and we only have one episode left. Deadwood, which I haven't seen since it first aired, is next on the list. Can't wait!

You'll love it if you can appreciate mildly political, sick-ass dirty shit. I know Boots also can vouch for Deadwood aside from those of us in here singing its praises.

Star and Utter taking huge bumps as part of the match also figures into it, they were my favourite characters.

Goddamn I love me some Charlie "Uttah" - he's so goddamn lovable. Star as well, but he's also a little shit. How they dealt with the preacher was so heartbreaking.

Sunflower did you ever get into Justified? I think I may have dug it more than Deadwood but it features a lot of the same folks behind and in front of the cameras. Season 2 especially is one of the best seasons of television ever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower did you ever get into Justified? I think I may have dug it more than Deadwood but it features a lot of the same folks behind and in front of the cameras. Season 2 especially is one of the best seasons of television ever

Never tried it - thanks to Olyphant sounding weirdly stick-up-the-butt with his accent in Deadwood, that actually kept me from ever watching, even though that was kind of the idea behind Bullock's character. With what you said though, I should really make time for that show. I will try it. Will definitely dump this DBZ china art shit for some real human beings.

I actually got into Deadwood after the fact and had trouble getting into it precisely because Olyphant was so rigid in DW, whereas in Justified he's much more charming and even when he's being stern there's a lot more levity to the character. Really fun show to watch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually got into Deadwood after the fact and had trouble getting into it precisely because Olyphant was so rigid in DW, whereas in Justified he's much more charming and even when he's being stern there's a lot more levity to the character. Really fun show to watch

I'll definitely jump on it. I doubt it'll dethrone Go as the best thing he's ever been in, though. Goddamn that was a great movie.

He watches wrestling.

mhF3vZj.png

Cagey

Banned
Sometimes it's quite hard to believe.

Every wrestler has at least one person who likes their work and one who dislikes their work here, which I don't believe is a common feature for professional wrestling discussions online: hivemind smark mentality praises X and Y and hates A and B, because those are the parameters to signal to others you're "one of them" and thus you can pass as a good wrestling fan.

WrassleGAF rises above and has a full spectrum of opinions on everyone.

Except the Miz. Nobody likes the Miz.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Isn't the point of the Miz that people don't like him?

Fox318

The Miz is a stealth way of WWE allowing fans to watch its show in the old 2 hour format because he provides a convenient 12 minutes of fast forward time combined with bookend commercials to his segments.
Don't tell me you wouldn't watch a new jack vs miz death match

somedevil

Really? I figured we were all pretty diverse in our opinions here. Wrasslegaf has become much nicer since all that indy failure Daniel Bryan became wheelchair bound.

More like to some a certain group of posters have taken over the thread and have driven some of the better posters away.

Plus this:

Wrasslegaf has become much nicer since all that indy failure Daniel Bryan became wheelchair bound

Whats the point of this instead of trying to be "witty" which a lot of people try to do here and fail.

Angry Grimace

I don't know Miz seems like a 'bag, but it seems like his character is being a 'bag. In which case he's good at it. Kind of the same way people complain about Rollins being a chickenshit, when his character is a chickenshit and he won the title by being a chickenshit.

I don't know Miz seems like a 'bag, but it seems like his character is being a 'bag. In which case he's good at it. Kind of the same way people complain about Rollins being a chickenshit, when his character is a chickenshit and he won the title by being a chickenshit.

Because there are no faces booked strongly enough to kick their ass so all we get is a bunch of segments of faces being goaded to the ring only for the heel to do the fake out and walk away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You say driven better posters away like there was some sort of golden age of this place being some diverse, informed OT or something. It's always been like this.

Who debuted first, Willow the Wisp or Pentagon Jr? Looking at SomeDevil and Daughter West's avatars, I'm inclined to call gimmick infringement on our friend from south of the border.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So /u/falconarrow let on more about his spoiler for Battleground.

His teaser comment is
No one is talking about Battleground as much as they should be. Think about that for a while.

Today he made a new post https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...spoiler_i_was_talking_about_for_battleground/

I told you all that you needed to be talking about Battleground more. Did you really think that was because of a HHH swerve job?

He's back.

Who is back?!?

The Undertaker

somedevil

Who are these better posters that were driven away? Names please.

Well one poster posted this before he bailed:

This place used to be cool, but certain people have made it not cool. I've toyed with leaving before, but fuck it. You guys hate on everything and let gimmick posters run the community.

It's time I find somewhere I can actually discuss wrestling, not whose fat or not and whatever the meme of the day is.

RP912

Banned
What the fuck is a gimmick poster?

Anywho...I actually enjoy my time on this wrestling community than other communities despite the hick ups at times. I rather indulge in trolling about Phillip Brooks than bitching about the "good ole days" of the attitude era. The only thing I wish is that there was more conversations about other promotions besides the WWE. It just seems like 70 percent WWE, 30 percent everything else when it should be a perfect medium since half the posters don't watch WWE on the regular (including yours truly).

somedevil

You mean the guy who stanned Kevin Owens and had to announce his departure because it would otherwise have gone unnoticed?

Or do you mean the guy who was a good poster and helped keep this thread existing and prevented it from being closed after the Taylor Swift crap.

Top Bottom