• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Friends, play Her Story.

For a Wednesday Night War night, it was surprisingly quiet, particularly from the Lucha Underground contingent.

Dragon Gate was pretty fun;

p2deVDC.gif

The first half was fine, nothing special, but the second half had CIMA, Ricochet & Sydal vs YAMATO, Doi & Yoshino, plus BxB Hulk, Shingo & Tozawa vs T-Hawk, Eita & Big R Shimizu and both matches were a pretty crazy pair of, albeit typical, DG 6-mans. Unsurprisingly, Ricochet & Sydal make for a really fun pairing.

*edit, also, Rip Rogers commented on the show; "just killed a lot of moves for no reason - guys worrying about getting their shit in" :p

klonere

Banned
Scanned over raw on my lunch break.
I have 30 minutes for break cause i only work 9-3
Finished it in 10 minutes.
My review?

FUCK OFF
/10

Seriously don't know why i bother anymore.

Did you watch Cesaro/Cena

But whose side is Horsefly on?!

Will Ted Fowler361 on Twitter do a run in?

I'm listening...

Every imaginary or real character that Steve has come up with on his podcast is more entertaining and engaging than the vast majority of the WWE roster

Well, this sounds terrible.

I thought they were heading in some HHH vs Rollins direction. But that would leave the world title match wide open, unless they try and do Lesnar vs Reigns 2.

But HHH vs Rock is something I have zero interest in.

And unless Taker retires I don't get why they don't do Sting vs Taker. I mean, it will probably be awful but any of their matches will so they should just do this and be done with it. They both retire and that's it.

Brock/Reigns is being considered, HHH/Rollins has already been tossed around as an idea for one of the big 4 (Summerslam was assumed for the longest time, but that basically only happens if they do a hell of a turn to end Battleground)

And I hate the Stang/Taker thing most because there is now a nonzero chance Taker's last Mania match is with Cena. I don't know who to root for :'(

Aiii

So not worth it
Today is the hottest day of July since 1901 over here.

This is madness. I'm literally fluid right now from all the sweat that is pouring out of my body.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today is the hottest day of July since 1901 over here.

This is madness. I'm literally fluid right now from all the sweat that is pouring out of my body.

Serves you right. How hot?

RP912

Banned
I just realize something....we are really living in good times friends when it comes down to wrestling. So many promotions, so many options, and different streaming services to jump on board...however folks want to stick and bitch to WWE :/. It's like having different kinds of snacks, but rather eat a rice cake.

I just realize something....we are really living in good times friends when it comes down to wrestling. So many promotions, so many options, and different streaming services to jump on board...however folks want to stick and bitch to WWE :/. It's like having different kinds of snacks, but rather eat a rice cake.

rice cakes are delicious with peanut butter

that being said, people are too cheap to pay for anything

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know Owens is the one that started that chant, not the crowd?

He started "Chicken City" which was his chant in the car when he was getting psyched up for some Popeye's.

RP912

Banned
rice cakes are delicious with peanut butter

that being said, people are too cheap to pay for anything

I never tried rice cakes with peanut butter, that sounds delicious. I remember eating the caramel ones a while back and they were ok....but yeah I can see the cheap factor playing into people just sticking to the brand they know.

I never tried rice cakes with peanut butter, that sounds delicious. I remember eating the caramel ones a while back and they were ok....but yeah I can see the cheap factor playing into people just sticking to the brand they know.

Really? You should try it. It is great. And still healthy for you.

and that makes it ok? maybe Jericho should start an "armbar city" chant when he shows up

yes it does, he started it

Cagey

Banned
He started "Chicken City" which was his chant in the car when he was getting psyched up for some Popeye's.

I usually can't muster words when I'm in the Popeye's drive thru, it's just monosyllabic caveman grunts of joy combined with excessive drooling, and then 25 minutes later I'm full Bull Dempsey on the couch.

What's amazing is how people sitting down have no reaction at all to this.

2 men are bleeding and one is getting slammed through a table from way above a ring surrounded by barbwire

Bear in mind this was the 11th match they'd sat through that weekend, with another 7 matches still to go, lol. It's often a problem with deatmatch tournaments, though. To much crazy shit and it becomes meaningless.

RP912

Banned
What's amazing is how people sitting down have no reaction at all to this.

2 men are bleeding and one is getting slammed through a table from way above a ring surrounded by barbwire

48tBpak.jpg

I dunno....the big dude in the crowd was hype as hell during that spot. Dude did a Guy Fieri
53beb048d547558a0d7364a9_guy-fieri.gif

Fox318

Bear in mind this was the 11th match they'd sat through that weekend, with another 7 matches still to go, lol. It's often a problem with deatmatch tournaments, though. To much crazy shit and it becomes meaningless.

You may have a point. Oversatutarion probably just reminds people that this is more ballet than a fight.

In my case, there's no accusation. It's the wife discovering I bought Popeye's and ate it, and getting a perverse, gleeful satisfaction.

If Dad Bod is the modern Mein Kampf, then #fatandfaithful is their sieg heil.

Truly, this is what eating in shame looks like:
W74IqTj.gif

Fox318

Being repackaged as a fat slob has, somehow, made Bull seem more endearing to me.

It's like Bobby Dempsey all over again.

NXT doesn't have many comedy acts when you think about it. Most of the guys are full on body builders or have amateur wrestling backgrounds. most of the gimmicks aren't done to purposly make you laugh. Breeze is awesome, Vaudevillians are fantastic, and even the Jason Jordan stuff right now isn't centered around making you laugh.

The Bull stuff is a nice refreshing break from the regular product and its great.

I just hope they repeat this spot

http://fat.gfycat.com/IdleEvilAmericanwarmblood.webm

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's good. Make it happen. You'll like it. Good vehicle for peanut butter consumption.

GTwXx1P.jpg

"Chicken City? Kevin, come on. No more Popeye's. And now you make this a chant?"

It's 39 Celcius atm, which might not seem that much, but keep in mind that The Netherlands is as far north as Canada on the globe.

Oh nice, we had 40C for 30+ days in a row the other year. Gear up pal. Start investing in air conditioners, this world's not gonna get cooler.

Being repackaged as a fat slob has, somehow, made Bull seem more endearing to me.

It's like Bobby Dempsey all over again.

I love it. I seriously love it.

Top Bottom