• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Personally, I won't use ignore lists because I don't want to shield myself from opinions I may disagree with. While many people here usually have fair and balanced points on both sides of an argument, it often seems to me that there are some who are purposefully over-inflammatory in order to get a rise out of others. That's the sort of bickering we could do without and I'd prefer to see people to be more sincere in their arguments, rather than trying to rile each other up.

gorilla monsoon is an old fart with a terrible haircut, probably the only wrestler worse than lou thesz was

I value all your posts, you da real MVP

Sephzilla

Personally, I won't use ignore lists because I don't want to shield myself from opinions I may disagree with. While many people here usually have fair and balanced points on both sides of an argument, it often seems to me that there are some who are purposefully over-inflammatory in order to get a rise out of others. That's the sort of bickering we could do without and I'd prefer to see people to be more sincere in their arguments, rather than trying to rile each other up.

Those are the type of people you should ignore.

The problem with just ignoring them, however, is that if that person gets a rise out of someone else, then you still have to deal with the wake of posts that follow some gimmick poster shitpost.

Cagey

Banned
gorilla monsoon is an old fart with a terrible haircut, probably the only wrestler worse than lou thesz was

I value all your posts, you da real MVP

That was some weak ass trolling.

Strong trolling would have been "nice post, who is that in your avatar? is he a wrestler or something?"

you could use some of that money to buy front row tickets for your fellow wrasslegafers at a T-Swizzle concert

fuck THAT

those VIP seats are mine
That was some weak ass trolling.

Strong trolling would have been "nice post, who is that in your avatar? is he a wrestler or something?"

That would've been a #deadgiveaway and not really relating to what Bootaaay was saying though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those are the type of people you should ignore.

The problem with just ignoring them, however, is that if that person gets a rise out of someone else, then you still have to deal with the wake of posts that follow some gimmick poster shitpost.

But then he'd be ignoring me. Every once in a while I make a decent post.

So /u/falconarrow let on more about his spoiler for Battleground.

His teaser comment is

Today he made a new post https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...spoiler_i_was_talking_about_for_battleground/

Who is back?!?

The Undertaker

That is probably the dumbest direction they could go with
Lesnar
if it is the case, which I could buy.
Brock is by far the hottest babyface they have, and putting him against Undertaker would basically force fans to boo him or just not react.
And the match probably wouldn't be great either. Dumb idea all around.

RP912

Banned

So much truth in this post.

Except for people who post tipping threads I don't use the ignore list. But I always craft my posts with the intent of ending up on the ignore lists of shitheads.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit I was sincere earlier about wrasslers and go no-sold, sell my shit!

I'm not being serious about selling it. But I'll tell ya what. I'll make a bigger effort to be more sincere. I can't see how that would be a bad thing for a community. So I'll try to lead by example. I can feel it in my bones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So a few days ago, I bought Mankind's Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks. So far I'm enjoying the book. Great Read.

That reminds me, Danny Bryan's book comes out next week. Most of us will read it, I am sure. Who's getting the Day One edition?

That is probably the dumbest direction they could go with
Lesnar
if it is the case, which I could buy.
Brock is by far the hottest babyface they have, and putting him against Undertaker would basically force fans to boo him or just not react.
And the match probably wouldn't be great either. Dumb idea all around.

I don't know, it seems to me like
it'll end with him attacking both, which leads to either a world title rematch at Summerslam or a multiman match then, which could be good.

It's not like he doesn't have reason to attack both. For the last month both+Heyman have shittalked him and Kane to Kane, pissing Kane off in the process. And now Kane's out of the picture because of Brock and Seth. I've seen stupider ways to bring people back, at least this makes sense if it happens.

XenoRaven

Hey guys, the G1 thread made me curious as to what's going on in the wrestling thread and lo and behold it's the same old monthly song and dance.

This is the heart of the issue and I don't know if it could be said any better. I imagine this is going to piss at least one person off, but when one of the most prominent members of the community has openly admitted he "enjoys upsetting people", it's a small wonder this kind of behavior is not only encouraged, it's allowed.

To be frank, this thread is like a perfect allegory for the WWE. Total shitshow most of the time, and people complain constantly, but it's never going to change and no one ever just leaves. No matter how much people complain about the general snarky tone, the outright trolling, allegations of people setting each other up for one-liners in an IRC chat, the pining over a general asshole of a member who went on Reddit to try and get people to harass Sandman and Bronson, etc. it's not going to make a damn bit of difference because every argument will just boil down to "opinions" and "diverse tastes" and that'll be the end of it.

Personally, the ignore list doesn't go far enough, and I'm not interested in installing a Chrome extension just to make the thread readable. There is nothing happening in wrestling right now that's worth putting up with this place in order to discuss it. I've pretty much accepted that this community isn't for me anymore, and probably never will be.

klonere

Banned
Hi friends.

Lets have a nice easy conversation: more than half the year has gone by.

Who is your fav 5 performers of this year?

I'd believe Kidd coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

I'd believe Edge coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

I'd believe Christian coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

tm24

Guys, confession time.

I bought tickets to a Kacey Musgrave concert. I've spent more on Kacey Musgrave than i have WWE. No regrets

Sephzilla

Hi friends.

Lets have a nice easy conversation: more than half the year has gone by.

Who is your fav 5 performers of this year?

1. Kevin Owens
  2. Finn Balor
  3. Seth Rollins (pre-champ)
  4. Sasha Banks
  5. John Cena

I'd believe Kidd coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

I'd believe Edge coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

I'd believe Christian coming back and wrestling at least one more match before I believe Austin coming back

I legit believe Austin will have a match before Kidd

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, confession time.

I bought tickets to a Kacey Musgrave concert. I've spent more on Kacey Musgrave than i have WWE. No regrets

I've never heard of who that is. Let me check...

Are you going to the Lilith Fair? She seems perfect for it. Does that thing even exist anymore?

Fav 5:
1. Roman Reigns
2. John Cena
3. Okada
4. Nakamura
5. Cesaro

Guys, confession time.

Musgraves's great. Girl wrote a pro-LGBT hit song and didn't get blackballed from country for doing it, and celebrated the Supreme Court's marriage equality ruling harder than basically anybody in music that ain't Miley. One of the nicest people in the industry

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My understanding of the Lilith Fair is that Musgraves is far from the perfect it for it

I thought it was just women with guitars. Is there more to it? I thought I saw her with a guitar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It warms my heart to see Styles being on people's top five. He deserves it.

He was handily my wrestler of the year last year at the Third Annual Carnies awards. I just don't know if he can reach the highs he did last year, but every match can change everything. He's pretty great.

TNA was absolutely going to kill him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I could do a Fave Five (like general) for the year just yet, but Pentagon Jr is absolutely in that top 5.

jred2k

If you had told me two years ago that Cena would be one of my favourite wrestlers of 2015 I never would have believed it. Rusev feud aside, I've enjoyed everything he's done.

RP912

Banned
He was handily my wrestler of the year last year at the Third Annual Carnies awards. I just don't know if he can reach the highs he did last year, but every match can change everything. He's pretty great.

TNA was absolutely going to kill him.

I see Styles stealing the show at the G1 to protect his spot as Wrestler of the Year. It's like the moment he went to NJPW, a fire got lit under his tights. Dude been phenomenal *no pun*.

Top Bottom