• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;171992438 said:
Amazing what the character has done for him.

He was a big ol' stinker early this year, then did a couple MOTY calibre matches and all is forgiven. He's amazing.

JavyOO7

WWE house show schedule... even to this day there's a group A and B. Group A usually has Cena headlining while Group B has folks like the former shield members headlining. But its not like these house shows are like >10k. Usually they are >2k. Jesus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LA Park should be up there too, but he's only recently made reappearances regularly. I imagine he'll be towards the top after he breaks a glass bottle over Rooooosh's head and lights him on fire.

If you had told me two years ago that Cena would be one of my favourite wrestlers of 2015 I never would have believed it. Rusev feud aside, I've enjoyed everything he's done.

He'd put up there if I watched more of it if just for his work ethic and contribution to his company. The US title 'storyline' is one of the simplest/best they've had in years.

NoRéN;171992438 said:
Amazing what the character has done for him.

The TV show/1 hour format/not being on EVERY week is perfect for monsters. It's why no one gives a fuck about Big Show being huge. Because who cares you see him every week. Vince McMahon himself said the appeal of Andre would be wasted if you saw him all the time so I have no idea how that guy still books monsters the way he does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A huge part of Cena's appeal is not because the storyline is so cut and dry, but of who he is. The backstory of where Cena was and where he is now is incredibly compelling to watch these new talents try their hand with Cena, the gatekeeper. That's been a huge contributing factor to what makes this storyline so compelling, and takes it to the next level. Whether you want to admit it or not, because of who Cena is and what he's done in the past, it plays a heavy role in this.

A huge part of Cena's appeal is not because the storyline is so cut and dry, but of who he is. The backstory of where Cena was and where he is now is incredibly compelling to watch these new talents try their hand with Cena, the gatekeeper. That's been a huge contributing factor to what makes this storyline so compelling, and takes it to the next level. Whether you want to admit it or not, because of who Cena is and what he's done in the past, it plays a heavy role in this.

Yeah, it's been interesting watching people wrestle the the proverbially glass ceiling!

RP912

Banned
I kinda wish Cena was IC champ than US champ because the belt once meant something. No complaints with Cena being the US champ, but still...

I'll bet Cena is pretty stoked that his all of his efforts have earned him an Honorable Mention slot on a bunch of nerd fanlists.

Don't forget The New Day, friends.

They're relegated to "Fave Five Blacks" lists for most people, which is a shame as Kofi just wrestled the perfect match.

Fox318

I kinda wish Cena was IC champ than US champ because the belt once meant something. No complaints with Cena being the US champ, but still...

Belt matches his promos and has history with cena

VbvDg3K.jpg

That reminds me, Danny Bryan's book comes out next week. Most of us will read it, I am sure. Who's getting the Day One edition?
I'm getting the day one library edition.
Hi friends.

Lets have a nice easy conversation: more than half the year has gone by.

Who is your fav 5 performers of this year?

1. Ricochet
2. AJ Styles
3. Finn Balor
4. Cesaro
5. Mil Muertes

Honorable Mentions
1. John Cena
2. Dalton Castle

Fox318

If you had told me two years ago that Cena would be one of my favourite wrestlers of 2015 I never would have believed it. Rusev feud aside, I've enjoyed everything he's done.

the beginning of the Rusev fued was fine but the Russian chain match does nobody any favors today without blood.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1. Pentagod Jr.
2. Sasha Banks
3. Prince "Animal Spirit Jaguar" Puma
4. The Dive into ring gif bean would post
5. Pentagod's Theme

After months away from wrestling, I've got the sudden urge to watch some WCW. I'll be getting the Network if my desire lasts by the end of the day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After months away from wrestling, I've got the sudden urge to watch some WCW. I'll be getting the Network if my desire lasts by the end of the day.

It's cheap. Go for it. There are worse ways to spend $10.

Consider CZW...

Menome

I only started watching WWE this year with Wrestlemania, so my selection pool is rather limited:

1.) Dean Ambrose - Consistently entertaining and always, always looks like he's giving it 110% and enjoying it up there regardless of whom he's up against.

2.) Neville - Best used in short bursts as demonstrated when his match against Cena went on for far too long. He's always impressive to watch, but needs an expanded moveset if he's going to try in future for longer bouts and big events.

3.) John Cena - I went into watching wrestling expecting to be quickly fed up of "Cena wins LOL", but his Open Challenge sessions and new feud with Kevin Owens have been genuine highlights of the weekly shows and PPVs.

4.) The New Day - It took a few weeks after Wrestlemania for them to hit their stride, but I found myself amused by their goofy heel turn and misplaced positivity speeches.

5.) Sort of Damien Sandow - When I watched the Andre Memorial Match at Wrestlemania, I saw Sandow and something immediately clicked. His face turn there and standing up to The Miz in subsequent weeks were building up to something great, culminating in that grand speech to the audience.

There he is, I thought. The wrestler I want to follow and support. He's entertaining, he's charismatic and he had the underdog angle going for him.

Then Macho Mandow happened.

I really, really hope this phase passes quickly and he can go back to not being a joke.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only started watching WWE this year with Wrestlemania, so my selection pool is rather limited:

1.) Dean Ambrose - Consistently entertaining and always, always looks like he's giving it 110% and enjoying it up there regardless of whom he's up against.

2.) Neville - Best used in short bursts as demonstrated when his match against Cena went on for far too long. He's always impressive to watch, but needs an expanded moveset if he's going to try in future for longer bouts and big events.

3.) John Cena - I went into watching wrestling expecting to be quickly fed up of "Cena wins LOL", but his Open Challenge sessions and new feud with Kevin Owens have been genuine highlights of the weekly shows and PPVs.

4.) The New Day - It took a few weeks after Wrestlemania for them to hit their stride, but I found myself amused by their goofy heel turn and misplaced positivity speeches.

5.) Sort of Damien Sandow - When I watched the Andre Memorial Match at Wrestlemania, I saw Sandow and something immediately clicked. His face turn there and standing up to The Miz in subsequent weeks were building up to something great, culminating in that grand speech to the audience.

There he is, I thought. The wrestler I want to follow and support. He's entertaining, he's charismatic and he had the underdog angle going for him.

I really, really hope this phase passes quickly and he can go back to not being a joke.

I feel pretty negative about Macho Mandow. I don't know if it's because Randy's gone and this feels so desperate - I liked Axelmania's build to Wrestlemania, but this just feels like WWE doing what it often does - running something good into the ground.

New Day ABSOLUTELY have hit their stride after a rocky start, and I'm glad they have. They're really entertaining.

Sandow's been a joke for two years unfortunately. He had a hell of a match with Cena, but lost, and then for the next few months his gimmick was "guy who couldn't stop losing and got depressed about it" and then one day he made a promo imitating someone, and for months he'd imitate different people, then he imitated Miz and people loved it so he spent the rest of his time doing that until Mania where he turned on Miz. It was great

Then he lost the feud, imitated Savage with Axel, and is now off TV entirely

Dean Ambrose is starting to rub me the wrong way. He needs to tone down the twitching and shit. It makes him seem like more of a parody than a real character.

RP912

Banned
Dean Ambrose is starting to rub me the wrong way. He needs to tone down the twitching and shit. It makes him seem like more of a parody than a real character.

Dean been doing that since the CZW days. It's no different from Catcus Jack walking like his ankle is sinking to the ground.

Top Bottom