• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

The reddit poster falconarrow who has been correct all the times just left reddit. I guess being right gets you a ton of hate mail so now he is bailing from the site.

Heel

Your Vader legitimate height/weight tweet of the week:

Big Van Vader ‏@itsvadertime
. Nash is 6'11"That has to make the other gentlemen nearly 8ft..

CE1F7z9XIAA47ue.jpg

Google

Gang, I've just bought tickets to Raw in Seattle.

I saw that the Summerslam tour was coming to Vancouver so was about to book tickets to that (on a sunday) then saw that the main show is going to be 3 hours down the road in Seattle. So me and a friend are going to set sail to that.

I will be a 30 year old man going to my first professional wrestling show in 24 years.

My last show was Summerslam (or something similar, I cant remember) In Wembley Arena, England.

Is Tatanka still around?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gang, I've just bought tickets to Raw in Seattle.

I saw that the Summerslam tour was coming to Vancouver so was about to book tickets to that (on a sunday) then saw that the main show is going to be 3 hours down the road in Seattle. So me and a friend are going to set sail to that.

I will be a 30 year old man going to my first professional wrestling show in 24 years.

My last show was Summerslam (or something similar, I cant remember) In Wembley Arena, England.

Is Tatanka still around?

Tatankers is long gone, pal. Apparently he showed up in the mid-2000s with a 3.5 floppy disk, backstage, with character ideas and storylines. No joke.

I love the new day but when they eventually decide to randomly break them up I hope we finally see the five count gimmick again

That shit was entertaining as fuck

Heel

WWE could treat him like a Harold Lederman type, but instead of scoring rounds they pipe in audio of Vader giving weight and height estimates.

"Cole, this guy looks like a legitimate 6-foot-2. A lot of guys say they're 6-foot-2, but that's legitimate. Cole..."

Fox318

WWE could treat him like a Harold Lederman type, but instead of scoring rounds they pipe in audio of Vader giving weight and height estimates.

"Cole, this guy looks like a legitimate 6-foot-2. A lot of guys say they're 6-foot-2, but that's legitimate. Cole..."

sort of like a sideline reporter in a football game?

Now at the side of the ring Vader what can you tell us about Hogan?

"If that dude is billed at 300lbs my dick is 45 lbs, back to you"

http://pwinsider.com/article/95172/...hanges-to-impact-wrestling-tv-series.html?p=1

An issue between TNA and Lucha Underground has led to a number of planned TNA TV segments being pulled from upcoming episodes of Impact Wrestling, storylines being dropped and one recent TNA signing being dropped from the company, PWInsider.com has learned

At the center of the controversy with Shawn Hernandez, who recently returned to TNA and became part of the Beat Down Clan after appearing on the first season of Lucha Underground on The El Rey Network.

TNA sources indicate that Hernandez was signed to a deal by the company after informing TNA that contractually, he was free and clear to do so. After Hernandez made a number of appearances at TNA TV tapings, Lucha Underground approached TNA and informed them that contractually, Hernandez was still their talent, signed to their series and that he was not released from his obligations to their promotion, therefore he could not legally appear on TNA broadcasts.

As you might imagine, this put TNA into a legally actionable position where they could be sued. With Impact Wrestling already pre-filmed well in advance as well, it put the company into a terrible situation where their storylines, which are worked out well in advance, would be useless.

I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances. We are told that Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the Lucha series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Since TNA cannot use the footage, the decision was made to pull anything involving the BDC. As of today, all of their current storylines are completed and done as it would be impossible to edit around Hernandez.

I am told that starting tonight, TNA will be replacing those matches and vignettes with existing material, including some matches from the TNA Slammiversary PPV from a few weeks ago. TNA also intends to film material at their Orlando TV Tapings later this month that they can drop into the segments that are no longer available to be used.

The matches and segments that were filmed are (for now at least) completely scrapped and TNA will re-edit all of their TV.

Hernandez, obviously, is gone from TNA and until Lucha Underground begins filming additional material, is now in a position where he's losing work as TNA wanted to use him and cannot.

As far as the rest of the BDC, MVP, Kenny King, etc. are also effectively be off those TV episodes until TNA can get new material with those talents. So, through no fault of their own, a number of TNA talents are now off television suddenly until TNA can work them back in while talents who wrestled them also find their matches yanked.

Sou Da

If they're smart they'll have Stephen Amell 'save' Cody from Stardust.

The NXT/Total Divas segment wasn't as bad as it could have been I guess.

So just to recap, TNA have an entire faction they need to get rid of, TV stuff they have to come up with to replace that time before the episodes air, AND have to film it all at the same time as what could be their last 6 weeks of TV tapings being done this month

Just to reiterate how important this is, Hernandez during the last set of tapings was in the following:
tag title match
battle royal
ladder match
cage match

None of those things can air now

beanman25

Very excited to go to Battleground now. With all this speculation, my head will be spinning.

Imagine if some of these things turn out true? Then we will have Sting's WWE PPV Debut at Survivor Series & this show both in St. Louis!

somedevil

So just to recap, TNA have an entire faction they need to get rid of, TV stuff they have to come up with to replace that time before the episodes air, AND have to film it all at the same time as what could be their last 6 weeks of TV tapings being done this month

Just to reiterate how important this is, Hernandez during the last set of tapings was in the following:
tag title match
battle royal
ladder match
cage match

None of those things can air now

They get paid still right?

So for todays episode then the battle Royal and tag match are cut.

Raw64life

Damn, he's just pulling out all the stops today. He even got verified and isn't tweeting out photos of old IHOP coupons.

I'm sure he'll be back to tweeting photos of old IHOP coupons after WWE finds out he's periscoping out behind the scenes network stuff without their permission.

Stuff they can't air:

some of 7/15 (may have already aired, was done at the same time as last week's aired stuff)
Wolves beat MVP/Kenny King by DQ

Rest of 7/15 and 7/22
Galloway wins battle royal for world title #1 contender spot
Wolves retain over Hernandez/Kenny King

Part of 7/29
Matt Hardy beats Bram/Hernandez/EY to be #1 contender to world title

Rest of 7/29 and 8/5
Hernandez beats Lashley in a cage

klonere

Banned
Stuff they can't air:

some of 7/15 (may have already aired, was done at the same time as last week's aired stuff)
Wolves beat MVP/Kenny King by DQ

Rest of 7/15 and 7/22
Wolves retain over Hernandez/Kenny King

Part of 7/29
Matt Hardy beats Bram/Hernandez/EY to be #1 contender to world title

Rest of 7/29 and 8/5
Hernandez beats Lashley in a cage

AHAHAHAHhahahahaha

Jesus christ what the FUCK. TNA are blessed they can't air that.

MC Safety

What happened to the MegaPowers that they're not on TV anymore?

I will admit to liking this gimmick as done by Mr. Imperfect and Damien Sandow.

At this point, I just feel bad for TNA

Like, when you think hit worst-case scenario... they find new ground
I remember back when you used to be the king around here, you made a post about watching a TNA show in a baseball stadium with pics and everything. So this news must be hitting you especially hard.

Top Bottom