• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

This has been a long time coming, but it's great to see finally happen.

Glad to hear both these things. The temporary GAF rainbow love logo is incredible and one of the best things I've seen in my time here. Not even ashamed to say I teared up when I first saw it; I had been constantly refreshing my Twitter to see the news, and when I did I celebrated with friends. When I came back and got on here, I saw the logo change. It was a wonderful day, and it's great to see it still around for 2 more weeks. Even better because people are legit mad over a wonderful image.

Striker

Much like Vince back in the day when he was shirtless or in a beater, Steph needs to stay away from wearing heels and standing next to the women wrestlers. She physically makes them most of them look like her little sisters.
Has any of them got to touch her, yet? At least back 15 years or so Trish got to smack her around a bit.

Ryback staph Infection story seems like a total work.

Reminds me of that time Lashly had a liver enzyme thing or some BS just so WWE could go "LOOK! The wellness policy does more then test for drugs!!"

ahahhahahhahahah Chikara tried to get their show on Destination America and DA never heard of them

Journey to Chikara airing live on CHIKARAtopia and Youtube Wednesdays at 7PM Eastern starting July 29, going for 6 weeks

tdy_gif_cena_150714_b99fd6f6d20bd6cfc5977631bb18a95c.gif

Fox318

Just one week after doing their best numbers of the season, this week's Tough Enough episode drew only 997,000 viewers, down a significant 18% from last week's 1.221 million. This is the lowest number in Tough Enough history on the USA Network.

The 18-49 demographic was only a 0.37, down from 0.41. This still tops the low of 0.32 from two weeks ago. In a positive note, Tough Enough ranked #18 among cable shows for the night, up from #20 last week.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0715/598328/tough-enough-viewership-hits-new-low/

Entropia

No One Remembers
How many of you are going to see Trainwreck so you can see John Cena's bare ass?

yHBOpP1.gif

A friend, who hasn't seen it but like reads every celebrity gossip site ever told me "I heard it looks weird"

Dixie's opening promo was bizarre, but compelling. Bully coming out in a pleather sports coat amused me. I gave zero fucks about the battle royal. Once it started with Crazzy Steve, I was reminded about how dead the company is. This sucked. Anderson-Tenay interview was okay, I suppose. X Title four way was a lot of fun, botched finish aside. Women's match was sloppy and had an even more botched finish. World title match wasn't much, but the Eli turn was...okay I guess. Eli isn't going to #standup, but will he #showhisimpact or #jointheforce?

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...sults-a-recap-every-singles-title-on-the-line

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hotdxtmx6dli0hh87rg7tv5mchf08kip

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, watched Mark Jindrak's shoot and he talks a good bit about the Powerplant. He talks about how Sarge didn't train them how to wrestle, how to do psychology, how to do any of that stuff which REALLY matches up wit hthe Natural Born Thrillers and Goldberg. And that Orndorff didn't do anything.

So that got me wondering... Would Russo's WCW have been succesful if he actually had a strong talent pool of young guys who had some kind of training instead of athletic guys who didn't? Like you had Vampiro from Mexico, but every Natural Born Thriller was a product of the Power Planet. Jindrak said he didn't learn how to wrestle until WWE/OVW.

JavyOO7

So, watched Mark Jindrak's shoot and he talks a good bit about the Powerplant. He talks about how Sarge didn't train them how to wrestle, how to do psychology, how to do any of that stuff which REALLY matches up wit hthe Natural Born Thrillers and Goldberg. And that Orndorff didn't do anything.

So that got me wondering... Would Russo's WCW have been succesful if he actually had a strong talent pool of young guys who had some kind of training instead of athletic guys who didn't? Like you had Vampiro from Mexico, but every Natural Born Thriller was a product of the Power Planet. Jindrak said he didn't learn how to wrestle until WWE/OVW.

Jindrak/O'Haire, though green, I thought wrestled pretty well. Shows how much I know about the Power plant.

I don't think Russo booking could have been successful... you need someone with a more delicate touch. Someone who had patience. If I remember the Death of WCW book correctly, the talent really liked how Johnny Ace booked the shows... but he booked them for a few weeks only.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's crazy to think how well DDP picked up wrasslin at his advanced age.

EDIT: ROH wishes it had the Impact Zone crowd.

IWA Deep South is presenting on Saturday in TN: the Softcore Cup

12 man single elimination tournament of PG deathmatches the whole family can enjoy, for the Softcore Cup champ (and a shot at Insane Lane's belt). The first round will include a Fans Bring The Softcore Bats match, and the singles final match will be Fans Bring The Legos.

Mr. Touchdown vs Captain Trash [Candyland match]
Nacho Butcher vs Man-Scout Jake Manning [Taipai peanut brittle match]
Joey Ryan vs Chuck Taylor [Softcore TLC]
Ronnie Jenkins vs Freight Train [Krystal burger eating match]
Oleg the Usurper vs OTIS [Fans Bring The Softcore Bats match]
Cliff Compton vs Big Donnie [Pans and Cans falls count anywhere match]

Also on the card:
Lost Souls (Problem Child and KAOS) vs Ryder Anderson and Bubba Boodrow
Sickness (Spidar Boodrow and "Suicidal Beast" Bryant Woods) vs 6 Feet Under (Softcore champ "The Mental Messiah" Insane Lane and Freakshow) [street fight]
"Angel of Death" John Rare vs Phil Macchio vs PROPHET [3-way for the IWA DS belt]

ahahhahahhahahah Chikara tried to get their show on Destination America and DA never heard of them

Journey to Chikara airing live on CHIKARAtopia and Youtube Wednesdays at 7PM Eastern starting July 29, going for 6 weeks
That's not something to laugh about brah. Chikara is one promotion that actually utilizes continous story lines and booking.

miserable

At this point people must have realized that TNA is not gonna die anytime soon, right? they'll live in a vegetative state for years

xTOOLx

As good as I think she is in the ring, I don't get Charlotte calling herself genetically superior when she has the torso of Dan Henderson and no hips or ass.

Have you seen her ass? It's fucking weird.

Very good NXT main event though. I hope the main roster ladies can hang.

Top Bottom