• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
As good as I think she is in the ring, I don't get Charlotte calling herself genetically superior when she has the torso of Dan Henderson and no hips or ass.

Have you seen her ass? It's fucking weird.

Very good NXT main event though. I hope the main roster ladies can hang.

I think she means genetics in terms of athleticism, not genetics in terms of looks.

Toki767

NXT was pretty good this week. Blake and Murphy giving Alexa a boost into the Sparkle Splash was a total gymnastics/cheerleader move but it looked pretty cool. Crowd seemed really impressed by it too.

bk7odnG.gif

xTOOLx

I think she means genetics in terms of athleticism, not genetics in terms of looks.

A cartwheel thingy before the match, a kip up and a bridge on the figure four = athleticism?

If we're talking athleticism, Becky has her beat.

I really wish she'd stop woooing and doing the strut and chops. Because if she's going to do all of that, she might as well use the Flair name.

One thing about this week's episode is I'm loving the way Eva is handling that Full Sail crowd.

NXT needs a few new women on the scene and I'd love for Candice LeRae to be there.

Toki767

Charlotte does a front handspring or something in her entrance, not a cartwheel. I guarantee you most people on the roster can't do that.

I think it is kind of cool that John Cena got a part in Amy Schumer's movie. I wonder if it'll be funny, she can go either way, which almost sounds like the kind of joke she might make. It's cool for him anyway.

Between that and Jon Stewart, I think wrestling might not have such a terrible image as is once did. When I first started checking back in I thought, 'pg? that's not how i remember it! boring!' but actually the result is alot less sexual exploitation and objectification for the women, which goes a long way to rehabilitating the show, and a lot less dodgy material all around.

I still don't exactly advertise that I watch it to people, but as far as secret hobbies go, you can definitely do worse.

So Bully Ray's back on Impact Struggle? Damn I thought he had one more NXT run left in him after that Rumble pop.

he looked like two bubba ray's in the rumble and hasn't really gotten in shape from there.

It's a good thing he got some much heat on his calves (lol), because they're probably the only thing on him that could be anywhere close to firm at this point 8)

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here is the latest on the future of Lucha Underground. They have been renewed for a second season on El Rey, but the feeling is that the current combination of running on El Rey and Unimas will only result in further financial losses.

Producer Eric Van Wagenen was on Steve Austin’s podcast and stated that they could do a second season on El Rey, but that they need new funding. The thing that would change the game for the promotion would be a deal with Televisa in Mexico. The rights fees for the deal would greatly help the promotion, and a deal would have given them more exposure than any promotion in Mexico. The two sides have been in talks and they were reportedly close to a deal last month, but nothing has been signed.

Talent had previously been told that they would tape in September, but some of the contracted wrestlers have been told that they could take weekend dates that month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here is the latest on the future of Lucha Underground. They have been renewed for a second season on El Rey, but the feeling is that the current combination of running on El Rey and Unimas will only result in further financial losses.

Producer Eric Van Wagenen was on Steve Austin’s podcast and stated that they could do a second season on El Rey, but that they need new funding. The thing that would change the game for the promotion would be a deal with Televisa in Mexico. The rights fees for the deal would greatly help the promotion, and a deal would have given them more exposure than any promotion in Mexico. The two sides have been in talks and they were reportedly close to a deal last month, but nothing has been signed.

Talent had previously been told that they would tape in September, but some of the contracted wrestlers have been told that they could take weekend dates that month.

Fingers crossed. As long as it happens!

Ithil

A cartwheel thingy before the match, a kip up and a bridge on the figure four = athleticism?

I really wish she'd stop woooing and doing the strut and chops. Because if she's going to do all of that, she might as well use the Flair name.

One thing about this week's episode is I'm loving the way Eva is handling that Full Sail crowd.

NXT needs a few new women on the scene and I'd love for Candice LeRae to be there.

Well if you just dismiss any athletic things she does as not counting for some reason, yeah, you could probably claim she's not athletic.

StevieWhite

I think she WAS using the Flair name. I believe it was taken away during the great last name genocide of 2014.

Fox318

I really want to go to summerslam but nobody I know likes fake sports

:(

I've even offered to pay their ticket and they still said no.

Sephzilla

You haven't seen her t-shirt apparently

Bowser

Anyone trying to buy NXT Takeover Brooklyn tickets? I wanna get lower bowl seating, but all that's showing up is upper level :/

edit: Bought 2 tix...section 118 row 9, $96 total. Meh, not bad, at least I'll have a view of the Titantron if the seats suck.

I can't wait to see nxt twice next weekend in South Florida. Hope the horsewomen of nxt are still doing house shows or I'll be disappointed seeing Dana brook vs a jobber.

Ozone

Anyone trying to buy NXT Takeover Brooklyn tickets? I wanna get lower bowl seating, but all that's showing up is upper level :/

edit: Bought 2 tix...section 118 row 9, $96 total. Meh, not bad, at least I'll have a view of the Titantron if the seats suck.
I'm shocked they aren't tarping off the upper level. They're actually going to try to fill that big arena for NXT.

Lower bowl probably was sold out through the AMEX exclusive presale yesterday.

JavyOO7

I can't wait to see nxt twice next weekend in South Florida. Hope the horsewomen of nxt are still doing house shows or I'll be disappointed seeing Dana brook vs a jobber.

Me and a buddy are going to the West Palm one next weekend. I really need to catch up on watching NXT before I go next Sat. =p

Top Bottom