• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

Some TNA news:

It appears there may be more to the rumors of TNA possibly leaving Destination America this September after all.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that privately, at least some TNA talents have been given an indication that the company will be looking for a new TV deal and that the money they make from overseas TV deals will keep them going while they shop around for a new deal here in the US.

Some TNA wrestlers were reportedly told that TNA will survive either way and be OK because they've trimmed most of the big contracts down and because they have gotten rid of most of the higher-paid talents. Some wrestlers were also told that TNA's business model is changing.

So they are going with the cockroach method for surviving.

Plus in heath news:

Kurt Angle's reps announced on Twitter that Angle was rushed to the hospital by his wife yesterday after he lost feeling in his extremities and was having trouble breathing. Doctors found that Angle had a large build-up of fluid on his spinal card, a complication from having the benign tumor removed from his neck last week. Angle underwent surgery to relieve the pressure and will be missing a London Comic Con appearance this weekend.

Angle's management did note that he is feeling well. No word yet if he will be able to wrestle at next week's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings

Luckily this was caught early.

Raw64life

January 29, 2012 - Royal Rumble - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
May 19, 2013 - Extreme Rules - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
November 23, 2014 - Survivor Series - Scottrade Cente,r St. Louis, MO
July 19, 2015 - Battleground - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
February 21, 2016 - Fastlane - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO

Also where Raw 1000 was. WWE sure loves the Scottrade Center.

It's what you get for sitting on your hands during the son-in-law's big Wrestlemania moment.

Not only did it follow Rock vs. Hogan, It also followed a craptacular Divas match that killed the crowd.

Then the home country guy lost.

Although I was rooting for Trips so I cheered.

Fuck this.

But hey, we get another house show. RoH continues to get my business since they bring two quality shows a year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kurt Angle needs to stop doing ANYTHING that isn't sitting still and breathing and eating and sleeping.

Fox318

Its probably cheap compared to other stadiums of that size.
Kurt Angle needs to stop doing ANYTHING that isn't sitting still and breathing and eating and sleeping.

The man has a right to defecate.

klonere

Banned
Fingers crossed. As long as it happens!

Whats the bigger Spanish TV station called? Univision? I hope they get onto a bigger network on that side at least. I can't see anyone else taking such a chance on a high cost show.

Hopefully they get this second season locked in and prove it as a viable, financially sound product.

Whats the bigger Spanish TV station called? Univision? I hope they get onto a bigger network on that side at least. I can't see anyone else taking such a chance on a high cost show.

Hopefully they get this second season locked in and prove it as a viable, financially sound product.

I still find it hard to believe they couldn't also shop at least Season 1 off to Netflix/Amazon for some extra cash. Use that Dusk Till Dawn connection.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Univision, yeah. That'd be a huge get.

Browny

Banned
Watching old Nitros.... and I'm starting to feel that Booty Babe Kimberly is the best Kimberly.

i6SltgllliecD.gif

beanman25

Not only did it follow Rock vs. Hogan, It also followed a craptacular Divas match that killed the crowd.

Then the home country guy lost.

Although I was rooting for Trips so I cheered.

Fuck this.

But hey, we get another house show. RoH continues to get my business since they bring two quality shows a year.

Being from St. Louis, I love it, but it definitely isn't fair in the overall spectrum. I think our seats are costing 61 a piece for a row of 5 people.

Barrage

Watching the latest NXT..Joe doesn't even stand out in squash matches on NXT. He has no business being near the main roster.

Being from St. Louis, I love it, but it definitely isn't fair in the overall spectrum. I think our seats are costing 61 a piece for a row of 5 people.

I think the Air Canada Centre is charging a lot for these shows and Vince is just steering clear.

The house shows take place in a smaller, cheaper venue and are frequent. I just can't be bothered with house shows.

beanman25

I think the Air Canada Centre is charging a lot for these shows and Vince is just steering clear.

The house shows take place in a smaller, cheaper venue and are frequent. I just can't be bothered with house shows.

We definitely are on the lower end for these big shows. For Raw 1000, we sat Lower Bowl probably 25 or so rows behind the announcer table for 27 bucks a piece!

Barrage

I'm tempted to go in August. Maybe if they start selling out they'llbe forced toupgrade to the ACC,and to be honest with how stale RAW is a house show might be better.

That being said, I would MUCH prefer we got a PPV, especially after the great ones i've seen here (WM18, Unforgiven '06).

jmdajr

Spoke with a friend today. Well work buddy. Started talking video games and of his love of 3DS XL.Then I started talking about the WiiU and it's unfortunate problems like the albatross of a controller. He gets confused. Somehow he thought the controller was the system and that you could take it anywhere. And this from a supposed N fan.

I hope Nintendo has their shit figure out next round. People didn't get it, and still don;t.

Sephzilla

Spoke with a friend today. Well work buddy. Started talking video games and of his love of 3DS XL.Then I started talking about the WiiU and it's unfortunate problems like the albatross of a controller. He gets confused. Somehow he thought the controller was the system and that you could take it anywhere. And this from a supposed N fan.

I hope Nintendo has their shit figure out next round. People didn't get it, and still don;t.

I'm inclined to believe this person isn't actually a Nintendo fan if they still think the Wii-U is a portable system three years after it's released

Zach

I think I'm going to buy WWE 2K15 for PS4 since it's on sale for $24 and my brother is in from HI and will be at my house all day Monday. I know, I know, it's probably a piece of crap, but whatever.

Quick question: is there a limit on Community Creations downloads? Is there even such a thing any more? Can I download the Steiner Bros. or what? :D

Also, NeoGAF Vince: Have you been to the Warren Theatre in BA? My son and I went there to watch Inside Out last night. It was fancy pants.

Oh, and Inside Out was a delightful movie.

darkbanjo

I think I'm going to buy WWE 2K15 for PS4 since it's on sale for $24 and my brother is in from HI and will be at my house all day Monday. I know, I know, it's probably a piece of crap, but whatever.

Quick question: is there a limit on Community Creations downloads? Is there even such a thing any more? Can I download the Steiner Bros. or what? :D

Also, NeoGAF Vince: Have you been to the Warren Theatre in BA? My son and I went there to watch Inside Out last night. It was fancy pants.

I had this same thought last week. How bad can it be, right? Bought it. It is a real turd.

jmdajr

Hmmm. NXT is at the Barclay Center? I guess I knew...but didn't click in my head that it's actually the full arena.

edit: Or will they just sell lower bowl?

Striker

Haha. God dang it. Not even worth it for a couple of brothers spending the day together? Steinerlining some fools in tag team matches?
Wait for 2K16 if it even remotely sounds interesting. Roster count is a good start, but that's just their premier bullet point.

2K15 was more barebones and limited in customization than Titanfall.

klonere

Banned
Haha. God dang it. Not even worth it for a couple of brothers spending the day together? Steinerlining some fools in tag team matches?

Tags are fine because its skips the worst, most boring and turgid mini-game ever in the grappling/mat wrestling rock paper scissors + find the hotspot that opens EVERY SINGLE MATCH no matter what. Whoever spearheaded its implementation should be fired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I beg of you please don't buy 2k15. It's shit. Complete shit. Even at $24.

I have been there, and yes it is dope as fuck. Go watch Inside Out again for $24.

The scary part is that we've been saying this for almost a decade. :(

Yup...but there's always some "But Kurt needs to finish his career in WWE!" he's done dotta.

Sephzilla

If he's going to have more matches (which of course he is, it's Kurt Angle), I'd much rather they were in WWE than TNA.

I'd agree.

WWE would at least try to keep Angle in check so he doesn't do anything stupid. TNA probably throws him out there and tells him to do whatever it takes.

Iceman829

Hmmm. NXT is at the Barclay Center? I guess I knew...but didn't click in my head that it's actually the full arena.

edit: Or will they just sell lower bowl?

Upper bowl seating are options from ticketmaster. 2 different options. It looks like they will try to sell any seat in the house that they can.

edit: Also, Hi wrestlegaf

xTOOLx

As another individual with a dim view and a clear lack of respect for women, I concur.

Being the only boy with two sisters with my dad never around, so basically from a single mom, I have nothing but respect for women. That's why I was working at a strip club. I was protecting them.

I'm the second person to say this but the Summerslam tour that's coming to L.A. in two weeks is promoting a Champion vs Champion match between Cena/Owens. Is it bad PR or something gonna happen?

OctoMan

Banned
Any predictions on the Summerslam card?

Brock vs Taker

Cena vs Owens vs Cesaro

Bray vs Roman again

Stardust vs Neville and Amell (looking forward to this feud)

Paige vs Nikki

Seth and Trips vs Sting and the demon Kane

New Day vs PTP vs Lucha Dragons

Miz vs Ryback

Leaving a lot of people of the card and no title up for grabs but whatever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Upper bowl seating are options from ticketmaster. 2 different options. It looks like they will try to sell any seat in the house that they can.

edit: Also, Hi wrestlegaf

Welcome pal. Give us your current Fave Five!

I'm gonna cast this out to you if it applies, and everyone else as well:

Fave Five WCW Talents

5. Sting
4. Buff Bagwell (not Marcus Alexander)
3. Norman Smiley
2. Arn Anderson
1. Psicosis

Yeah, just got done watching it. The rest of the show's a dud, but I really enjoyed that match - two quick falls, followed by a great final fall. Dragon Lee's super entertaining, I was impressed with Kamaitachi as well, but it's obvious he's not the complete package yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, just got done watching it. The rest of the show's a dud, but I really enjoyed that match - two quick falls, followed by a great final fall. Dragon Lee's super entertaining, I was impressed with Kamaitachi as well, but it's obvious he's not the complete package yet.

Speaking of lucha, when are you going to sit down and watch LU? Or are you? Are you going to start from the beginning since it does tell an entire story?

Top Bottom