• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

kevin-owens-d-ro-man.jpg

I like it!

Bellas at Wizard World summary

Nikki wants to work with Steph again
Brie can outdrink all superstars but Flair (obviously)
They want NXT divas to come up soon, and would rather each come up individually to each make a good first impression
Cena's helping Nikki with strength/psychology training
Aside from Bryan/Cena, Nikki's fav superstar: Rollins, Brie's: Ambrose
Nikki loves Owens/Cena matches
They'd rather work now instead of Attitude Era because they're taken more seriously
They think it's gonna take Vince years to not immediately laugh off a Divas match headlining a PPV; they think it'll take something like divas working with superstars or Steph
The company won't let Nikki work with Cena
#GiveDivasAChance was why Vince let them have more TV time; the second that disappeared from public memory, they were back to normal
Nikki wants to defend more and make it more meaningful when someone takes the belt. She wants to work with different divas but is frequently told no. (Asked to work with Summer; got 3 mins on Raw. Tweet to Emma intended to lead to match; went nowhere)
They hate idea that they're just models; they've never modeled before
Nikki's worked hurt all year: tore hamstring in January, just now healed; separated shoulder on house show steps bump

Another match added to Kobe World;

BxB Hulk & Big R Shimizu vs Shingo Takagi & Masato Tanaka

Should be pretty fun, looking forward to Big R trying to no-sell Old Man Tanaka and instantly regretting it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another match added to Kobe World;

BxB Hulk & Big R Shimizu vs Shingo Takagi & Masato Tanaka

Should be pretty fun, looking forward to Big R trying to no-sell Old Man Tanaka and instantly regretting it.

Go BxB Hulk go!

Fox318

Bellas at Wizard World summary

Nikki wants to work with Steph again

She should know that it won't help her unless she just wants to suck up to her boss.

Brie can outdrink all superstars but Flair (obviously)

What?

They want NXT divas to come up soon, and would rather each come up individually to each make a good first impression

Only way they should come up is as an invading faction and beat down on everyone. Niiki's title reign has killed the division. Nnaomi was hot and she was forced to turn heel and yet she was buried so that Nikki can beat Mrs. Phil Brooks fake sports record.

Cena's helping Nikki with strength/psychology training
Her improvements have been commendable but they are nowhere near that of a main roster talent nevermind a champion. She has that position because of the reality show.

Aside from Bryan/Cena, Nikki's fav superstar: Rollins, Brie's: Ambrose
Nikki loves Owens/Cena matches

They'd rather work now instead of Attitude Era because they're taken more seriously

absofuckinglutly they would. Vince was having women get boob jobs as a requirement plus the way they were treated and objectified by Russo booking and storytelling.

They think it's gonna take Vince years to not immediately laugh off a Divas match headlining a PPV; they think it'll take something like divas working with superstars or Steph
More proof that Steph may be the single worst character in the history of wrestling. There was no fucking reason why she should have won last year yet the company revolves around somebody who's single role is putting the roster in their place.
The company won't let Nikki work with Cena
That's not the company that's Cena. He doesn't want to have a Debra-like angle in his legacy.

#GiveDivasAChance was why Vince let them have more TV time; the second that disappeared from public memory, they were back to normal
Nikki wants to defend more and make it more meaningful when someone takes the belt. She wants to work with different divas but is frequently told no. (Asked to work with Summer; got 3 mins on Raw. Tweet to Emma intended to lead to match; went nowhere)
They hate idea that they're just models; they've never modeled before
Nikki's worked hurt all year: tore hamstring in January, just now healed; separated shoulder on house show steps bump
YlyF7x8.gif
hbN8DdU.jpg

I just realize something....we are really living in good times friends when it comes down to wrestling. So many promotions, so many options, and different streaming services to jump on board...however folks want to stick and bitch to WWE :/. It's like having different kinds of snacks, but rather eat a rice cake.

For me, wrestling is fluff. It's super duper fun, at its best, but I can't really justify myself spending more than the bare minimum on it. And right now, WWE is the only company that really allows me to do that.

Dave not only didn't review Slammiversary, but flatout said it got the same amount of comments and feedback as the average Dragon Gate show :jnc

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just realize something....we are really living in good times friends when it comes down to wrestling. So many promotions, so many options, and different streaming services to jump on board...however folks want to stick and bitch to WWE :/. It's like having different kinds of snacks, but rather eat a rice cake.

To me it comes down to a few things:

1. Familiarity. I was a WWE fan in 98-2002, so I got back into the product easily.

2. Production Values. I don't want some dimly lit small arena.

3. Star Power. Call me if Batista shows up at ROH....

4. Time. I watch enough shows and have a hard time keeping track of them as is. There's a level of diminishing returns when it comes to watching Wrasslin'

RP912

Banned
For me, wrestling is fluff. It's super duper fun, at its best, but I can't really justify myself spending more than the bare minimum on it. And right now, WWE is the only company that really allows me to do that.

To me it comes down to a few things:

1. Familiarity. I was a WWE fan in 98-2002, so I got back into the product easily.

2. Production Values. I don't want some dimly lit small arena.

3. Star Power. Call me if Batista shows up at ROH....

4. Time. I watch enough shows and have a hard time keeping track of them as is. There's a level of diminishing returns when it comes to watching Wrasslin'

Fair points, yet I just don't understand the constant complaints about the product when there's is a gold mine out here. Sure most of the promotions will never meet the budget of the WWE, but it at least gives people an option to avoid dealing with the grief of WWE's silly decisions and business tactics. Coming from an individual that gets tired of complaining about the same ole shit that the WWE pumps out, it's good to know that I can easily watch another promotion and get top quality wrestling.

NWA Classics 24/7 put up a highlight video ahead of the launch this Friday evening;

http://nwaclassics.com/nwa-classics-official-highlight-video-1/

i87K60T.gif

Looks promising...

Now if only somebody magically digs up the Memphis tapes from a landfill in the island of Trinadad :/...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even think there's much to complain about in WWE. They're making a pretty good product at the moment. It ain't perfect, but nobody is.

Positive:
Getting linked to that awesome Dragon Gate six-man tag and the hoss-off featuring King Hoss Sekimoto.

Negative:
None of you told me that last night's part of "Who Is Finn Balor" featured Triple H doing Finn Balor's entrance or that Sara Del Rey made it on to NXT last night during the Eva Marie segment.

Positive:
Getting linked to that awesome Dragon Gate six-man tag and the hoss-off featuring King Hoss Sekimoto.

Negative:
None of you told me that last night's part of "Who Is Finn Balor" featured Triple H doing Finn Balor's entrance or that Sara Del Rey made it on to NXT last night during the Eva Marie segment.

tumblr_nqu44n0faJ1saykaxo1_400.gif

Savitar

Destroying Lana, or how to kill a popular character in less than 60 days.

A portion:

They were equals. They were partners. Because they both got it. They both knew that what they were doing could've easily been a one note bit where the evil Russian guy loses to Rocky in the end. But instead, they added layers and depth and complexity to their characters.

And even more so, it made them all the more right when American wrestlers would drop down to the level of suggesting they were boning to pop the crowd. Even if they were, it was none of anyone's business but theirs. It just made them feel more right in their espoused views on America.

And so it came to pass that Rusev eventually lost to Cena, as you do.

And then they started to destroy Lana.

WWE does this a lot with characters. Not just women, but just in general. There was a time when getting over with the crowd meant something, and the WWE would just kind go with it, ride the wave and see where it took them.

Not anymore. Overness is death. Overness without office approval is like Mil Muertes death. The WWE is in this constant cycle of pushing guys/girls, watching them get over, and then immediately doing whatever they can to stop them from being more important than the 8 or so people they want on the top of the show.

See the article for the full thing.

Top Bottom