• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I sporadically watch LU, it's a good show but the story stuff doesn't keep me terribly hooked, although I do appreciate the style of it all - I just watch if there's a match I'm interested in, generally.

Alucard

Banned
I've missed about 6-7 weeks of LU at this point. I haven't watched NJPW since before the Super Juniors. I haven't fast forwarded through Raw yet this week.

Guys.

Help.

Iceman829

Welcome pal. Give us your current Fave Five!

I'm gonna cast this out to you if it applies, and everyone else as well:

Fave Five WCW Talents

5. Sting
4. Buff Bagwell (not Marcus Alexander)
3. Norman Smiley
2. Arn Anderson
1. Psicosis

Current Fav 5

5. Kevin Owens
4. Sasha Banks
3. Brock Lesnar
2. Cesaro
1. Finn Balor

I think I watched more WWE than WCW during the monday night wars, but my favs growing up were.

5. nWo Hogan (that heel turn was awesome to watch)
4. Booker T
3. Goldberg (before the taser and punching a car window)
2. DDP
1. Sting

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current Fav 5

5. Kevin Owens
4. Sasha Banks
3. Brock Lesnar
2. Cesaro
1. Finn Balor

I think I watched more WWE than WCW during the monday night wars, but my favs growing up were.

5. nWo Hogan (that heel turn was awesome to watch)
4. Booker T
3. Goldberg (before the taser and punching a car window)
2. DDP
1. Sting

Sasha Banks. You're on The Good List. Legit Shook for the Legit Boss.

Man, stupid ol' Goldberg making the decision to punch a legit window. Foolish...took everything off the rails.

Kaladin

Guess who just scored an awesome seat for Survivor Series....this guy.

a8Vk1yl.jpg

Basically where the Facebook flag is, but in the front row of the section.

Straight across from the ring and entrance ramp. Perfect seats.

This will be my first Survivor Series.....and of the big four PPVs, I only have Summerslam left to attend.

Hoping this is also the first time I get to see Brock Lesnar wrestle live. Only time I ever saw him was when he first came back on Raw and kicked Cena's hat.

jmdajr

a8Vk1yl.jpg

This will be my first Survivor Series.....and of the big four PPVs, I only have Summerslam left to attend.

Hoping this is also the first time I get to see Brock Lesnar wrestle live. Only time I ever saw him was when he first came back on Raw and kicked Cena's hat.

70 bucks?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're well rested for the G1's start this weekend then.

I'm so psyched for the G1. Only way they could make it better is to dump Elgin for Sekimoto. Shibata won't be winning which is great, and Elgin can still be quality, but we'll see. I'd rather not make that bet and replace him with that little muscular bug-eyed hoss.

jmdajr

As I was buying that, I looked at some of the lower bowls and they were all $94 + fees. Even the ones on the last row that will be just below me.

Whatever the case, as long as it's not floor it will be decent. Floor is the worst unless you are in like the first 3 rows.

Kaladin

Whatever the case, as long as it's not floor it will be decent. Floor is the worst unless you are in like the first 3 rows.

I know that from experience. I went to the WWEECW PPV December to Dismember and got seats that were many rows behind the commentary booth.

Needless to say, I haven't been on the floor of a WWE show since barring a house show where I got front row.

somedevil

So edge is playing a villain in the new Flash series. Go here if you want to see a pic. Don't know who he is playing though:

https://instagram.com/punkd_images/

As for Summerslam and one of the returns here is some more news:

Meltzer said that Sting's return has been a plan for a while, and isn't due to the ratings dropping. In addition to this, it was noted that it won't be a surprise appearance at the event, and that it'll be built up over several weeks. Apparently WWE had a plan set for Sting's return, but those plans changed due to an undisclosed injury to one of the parties involved, and a new plan was made.

Sting was last seen at WrestleMania, when he made his WWE in-ring debut in a losing effort against Triple H. It is now expected that he'll also be participating in next year's WrestleMania.

Interesting but who got injured? Was him and if not who is out with an injury now that would of worked with him?

Iceman829

Sasha Banks. You're on The Good List. Legit Shook for the Legit Boss.

Man, stupid ol' Goldberg making the decision to punch a legit window. Foolish...took everything off the rails.

The first time I saw her I was impressed. She clearly has a grip on everything from the in ring ability to the mic work to knowing her character. When I look at Becky Lynch I see someone who is still trying to figure out who she is. I like watching her suplex and pump handle slamming someone, but she is still a work in progress.

Which arena is that? The last time I was in Vegas I got tickets to watch Brock fight. That was a fun night. I was thinking of grabbing Summerslam tickets this year, but my friends and I decided on going to the NXT event instead.

Zach

I guess I'll
probably
not buy WWE 2K15. v_v Thanks, guys.

Fave Five WCW Talents

5. Sting
3. Norman Smiley
2. Arn Anderson
1. Psicosis

JCP/NWA included or excluded from this exercise?

Savitar

I look forward to sting jobbing to whatever WWE star they have so they can win "again".

Last night had a pretty cool dream where wrestling got a new kick ass female wrestler.

Harley Quinn from the new Suicide Squad movie.

It was awesome.

She even had a cool vanishing intro with a boat.

It was the best dream.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The first time I saw her I was impressed. She clearly has a grip on everything from the in ring ability to the mic work to knowing her character. When I look at Becky Lynch I see someone who is still trying to figure out who she is. I like watching her suplex and pump handle slamming someone, but she is still a work in progress.

Agree completely on Baggy Lunch, she's still finding out who she is. She got close, but ain't there yet (in my opinion) - I think her initial NXT debut with her doing Riverdance felt closer to her finding her right look and personality, even though I think that gimmick was terrible.

I guess I'll
probably
not buy WWE 2K15. v_v Thanks, guys.

JCP/NWA included or excluded from this exercise?

Included, because why not

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Pepsi. Felled by a PSP Vita fan in a thread about Japanese pedophiles.

Fuck. I guess I'd better take a look. RIP in Pepsi.

EDIT:

LOL it was a good one at least

Kaladin

Which arena is that? The last time I was in Vegas I got tickets to watch Brock fight. That was a fun night. I was thinking of grabbing Summerslam tickets this year, but my friends and I decided on going to the NXT event instead.

Phillips Arena in Atlanta

Carnby

Any predictions on the Summerslam card?

Brock vs Taker

Cena vs Owens vs Cesaro

Bray vs Roman again

Stardust vs Neville and Amell (looking forward to this feud)

Paige vs Nikki

Seth and Trips vs Sting and the demon Kane

New Day vs PTP vs Lucha Dragons

Miz vs Ryback

Leaving a lot of people of the card and no title up for grabs but whatever

No offense bud, but I hope the card is better than that.

Fave Five WCW Talents

5. Sting
3. Norman Smiley
2. Arn Anderson
1. Psicosis

Top of the head responses:

1. Rey Mysterio
2. Psicosis
3. Eddie Guerrero
4. Arn Anderson
5. Cactus Jack

Pains me to leave Scott Steiner/The Steiner Brothers, Vader, Meng and Barbarian (especially when squashing nobodies on Saturday night), Benoit, and Sting off.

I love Alex Riley's flailing attempts to fight back against everyone rightly identifying him as a talentless jobber. He's got a total lack of self-awareness, it's marvellous.

RP912

Banned

Fave Five WCW Talents

5. Sting
3. Norman Smiley
2. Arn Anderson
1. Psicosis

5. Arn Anderson
4. Chris Been Noit
3. Sting
2. Vader
1. DDP

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll never happen in this thread. Omerta is alive and well. WrassleGAFfer's Court is real.

Marvel

could never
Now that Taker has gained some weight again and is wearing Big Evil gear, I don't wanna hear anything else but "You've done it noooooooow" hit before he comes out. Fuck that goth shit music now.

Tired of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny, one of the first wrestlers I saw on tv was Vampiro (wcw 2000), now 15 years later he still looks scary, even with the different look.

And Pentagon Jr., this guy is gold!

You're got damn right. Pentagod has far and away been the standout for LU. Incredibly marketable, looks fantastic, is a fatty but you ignore it because he's good...

Top Bottom