• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

She looks great. I'm legit pulling for her, based on the Total Divas segments, and how shitty the Full Sail cretins are being toward her.

#AllRedEverything

It's weird to me to be angry a crowd doesn't like someone who has been total shite for the two years she's been there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird to me to be angry a crowd doesn't like someone who has been total shite for the two years she's been there.
She's in developmental, and there's more to wrestling than in-ring talent. It's about characters, you have to take the Total Divasverse into account as it is canon.

Ithil

It's weird to me to attend a show for a developmental brand then mercilessly boo someone for trying to improve.

She appeared and did bad promos. It's not a charity case.

She's in developmental, and there's more to wrestling than in-ring talent. It's about characters, you have to take the Total Divasverse into account as it is canon.

Well that would be a problem, then, because she doesn't have a personality.

Ithil

Oh man, these are going to be some awesome shows. The looks on the Full Sail Fucktards faces as it slowly dawns on them that they could possibly lose the only thing of value in their lives.

Kinda like you each time you're banned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well that would be a problem, then, because she doesn't have a personality.
Doesn't sound like you watch Total Divas. :( no need to be cunty about it. If you hate her you hate her.

Fox318

Doesn't sound like you watch Total Divas. :( no need to be cunty about it. If you hate her you hate her.

How much of total divas is a work?

also I think I found your xmas gift

fotuqGY.png

dream

Kinda like you each time you're banned.

Serious question, Ithil: why do you take it so personally when people point out what miserable cretins the Full Sail Fucknuts are? It's like your Batsignal. and you spring to their defense every time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

fotuqGY.png
0% (it's a lot more fun to take it at face value)

And that's not a gift, that's been lying around his house, unused, looking for a new home

Ithil

Serious question, Ithil: why do you take it so personally when people point out what miserable cretins the Full Sail Fucknuts are? It's like your Batsignal. and you spring to their defense every time.

That comment was solely directly at you. Full Sail has many annoying people in its audience.

dream

That comment was solely directly at you. Full Sail has many annoying people in its audience.

But you have a history of defending them along with the other vile people that define "wrestling fan." I remember you once getting defensive when Sunflower went off on a TV audience chanting "you suck Cena" and "you suck Uso" at their respective partners during a Divas tag team match. You seem like a fairly normal human being, so it is always baffling when you defend these loathesome creatures.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She appeared and did bad promos. It's not a charity case.

Except the part where they were doing it before she even got a chance
Eva Marie had a very rough night at the WWE NXT tapings from Full Sail University on Thursday night. She was given heat by the crowd from the moment she made her entrance and one fan commented that they "murdered her."
So she deserved it before she even showed up? She deserved to be mocked relentlessly for 'daring to sully Full Sail with her presence'?

Are you seriously going to defend this one? She was already on tv. She willingly downgraded and went to NXT to let Bayley pin her, but she totally deserves to be made a fool of for trying to learn and trying to improve

Ithil

But you have a history of defending them along with the other vile people that define "wrestling fan." I remember you once getting defensive when Sunflower went off on a TV audience chanting "you suck Cena" and "you suck Uso" at their respective partners during a Divas tag team match. You seem like a fairly normal human being, so it is always baffling when you defend these loathesome creatures.

I never defended those chants. The portion of the audience that partook in it were being shits.

Kaladin

So she deserved it before she even showed up? She deserved to be mocked relentlessly for 'daring to sully Full Sail with her presence'?

Are you seriously going to defend this one? She was already on tv. She willingly downgraded and went to NXT to let Bayley pin her, but she totally deserves to be made a fool of for trying to learn and trying to improve

Didn't they kind of egg this response on in her debut angles? I seem to remember maybe commentary talking about how hard the crowd is to win over and how difficult it will be especially for her. I felt like they were planting the seeds for Full Sail to roast her till she proved otherwise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angélico, Australian Suicide, Fénix Vs El Apache, Pentagón Jr, Súper Fly
This match from last year is super fun. It's not one on one there's not some huge narrative to tell, but it's just a refreshing, entertaining 6 man tag with a lot going on for it. The setting is absolutely fantastic and I love it. The amount of people they have doesn't make it look like some kind of CZW parking lot show, the time of day looks really great and it's just such a vivid, colorful match to watch. The fans are having a ton of fun with it and so are the wrestlers. Pentagon sells his ass off too. Apache is amazingly old man rudoing it up.
V75JDgP.gif

ovvPJII.gif

UhCQelt.gif

I just wrapped this match, it's a lot of fucking fun. And yeah, like you mentioned...that setting is awesome. It really is the colors.

If it were a game company it'd be SEGA in the early 2000s. BEAUTIFUL

dream

I never defended those chants. The portion of the audience that partook in it were being shits.

Right, but as Sunflower pointed out, you did seem to try to minimize the terrible, misogynistic chants. It seems like you have a history of trying to defend wrestling fans at their worst, and I'm just wondering why that is.

Angélico, Australian Suicide, Fénix Vs El Apache, Pentagón Jr, Súper Fly
This match from last year is super fun. It's not one on one there's not some huge narrative to tell, but it's just a refreshing, entertaining 6 man tag with a lot going on for it. The setting is absolutely fantastic and I love it. The amount of people they have doesn't make it look like some kind of CZW parking lot show, the time of day looks really great and it's just such a vivid, colorful match to watch. The fans are having a ton of fun with it and so are the wrestlers. Pentagon sells his ass off too. Apache is amazingly old man rudoing it up.
V75JDgP.gif

ovvPJII.gif

UhCQelt.gif
DW, I'm going to watch this match you've linked and offer a sensible rebuttal to your review because I've watched a fair share of AAA and frankly, you sound batsh*t insane.

fotuqGY.png
I don't think WWE should put a performer's brand on a product that they themselves would never use.

Ithil

Right, but as Sunflower pointed out, you did seem to try to minimize the terrible, misogynistic chants. It seems like you have a history of trying to defend wrestling fans at their worst, and I'm just wondering why that is.

Like I said back then, I never said the chants were ok, I said they were shit. I don't know how Sunny thought I was supporting it then, and I still don't.

somedevil

Alot of interesting jobbers in the NXT tapings. Jesse Sorensen, Martin Stone and now Bayley's boyfriend.

edit: Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat of Liger. ROH must be pissed

Fox318

Except the part where they were doing it before she even got a chance

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

Eva Marie is a representation of what is wrong with women's wrestling in the WWE. While talented women wrestle for less money down in NXT and indies Eva gets a main roster deal because of her looks based on the marketability of a reality TV show.

A WWE where a requirement for the women on the roster is for them to have different hair colors because Vince and someone else at their office believes that people can't distinguish 2 different women with the same hair color

Most of her matches were mixed tag matches which never show off the talent and are often treated as piss breaks or pauses in between major matches.

Although I agree with you that she is getting sent down there to get better and to improve as a wrestler and an entertainer. I'm not going to boo somebody who is trying to improve themselves but she is employed in that company for Total Divas and nothing else. I'm sure many of the fans down there believe that that reality show is holding back women's wrestling from being a draw instead of a joke.

Hell its why they probably split up the women in the NXT call up the way that they did. There is a Total Divas cast member on every team.

I often wonder if its good for NXT to have ECW type crowds but if you can survive the hell of smaller vocal indie crowds you can definitely get over with the dead asleep Corpis Christie crowds Vince likes to run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said back then, I never said the chants were ok, I said they were shit. I don't know how Sunny thought I was supporting it then, and I still don't.

It sounded a lot like people who would address, say, catcalls to women - "But that's just a minority of people, there's plenty of nice people not catcalling" and how that doesn't help anything at all because the root of the issue's still there.

dream

It sounded a lot like people who would address, say, catcalls to women - "But that's just a minority of people, there's plenty of nice people not catcalling" and how that doesn't help anything at all because the root of the issue's still there.

#notallwrestlingfans

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
President of Mexico City Wrestling El Fantasma and Mexican Health Secretary Dr. Armando Ahued Ortega have just signed a historic agreement that could change the entire wrestling industry in Mexico. Professional wrestlers in Mexico (and their families) will now be covered by a medical social insurance program. Via Fightnetwork.com:
“I am big fan of wrestling, I think this is an intense but also a risky sport. The knocks and blows affect them bit by bit, so it is very so important for them being covered by free medical expenses,” said Ahued.

Dr. Ahued also explained that this insurance will give wrestlers and their families access to clinics and hospital where they will be able to have medical tests including x-rays, MRIs, surgery, lab studies, and medical attention.

Meanwhile in America

This actually wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of American indie wrestlers went to work full time in Mexico for the health care.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be happy to see Liger in NXT because he'll actually be lit appropriately and visible.

shaowebb

Meanwhile in America

This actually wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of American indie wrestlers went to work full time in Mexico for the health care.

This. I got a couple of guys I knew back in 2002 that still float the NWA tristate stuff and would jump at that. Plus mexico is a great place to go to learn to work better spots. If they ain't gettin out of the biz then they should at least aim to get into a more secure part of it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So if Liger is in nxt when can we expect a WWE vs NJPW ppv?

Doubt it. Liger likely has Lawler kind of contract since the junior division in NJPW is kind of his 'thing' and he can sort of free roams if he pleases. The most likely thing is just that Liger gets some exposure for people who haven't seen NJPW and maybe they can become commercial partners again.

You're not going to see, say, Nakamura on NXT.

Top Bottom