• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"Just go home!"

Yo5hess.gif
If only she had paid her dues.

I wish they would say something to the fans about this being developmental.

Besides if you really want to bury a guy in the roster just don't react.

Outside of minor league hockey I can't think of anything that isnt a top level sport or entertainment production that can get such vitriolic fans.

But even that people are usually rooting for their team.

Does WWE work with an even smaller indie so they can send people like eva to get rebuilt or trained ?

When you have Triple H coming out and talking about it being the "third brand" it's kind of hard to then go back and tell people "accept bad performances".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I honestly think the NXT stars are going to become Smackdown next year and it'll go back to being a developmental/quick stop for people on their way to the big leagues/rehab spot. Which is fine.

Kaiterra

Banned
When you have Triple H coming out and talking about it being the "third brand" it's kind of hard to then go back and tell people "accept bad performances".

I'd bet they are more than happy with performers having to withstand that kind of pressure specifically BECAUSE it's developmental and you want your dudes and dudettes to be capable of handling whatever the audience can throw at them once they get to the big stage, which is a really tough thing to teach in the abstract.

Big One

Banned
I honestly think the NXT stars are going to become Smackdown next year and it'll go back to being a developmental/quick stop for people on their way to the big leagues/rehab spot. Which is fine.
I'd like this only if they wedge it into storyline. Like NXT invading Smackdown or something. Give people a reason to watch Smackdown.

I mean it's not the main event.

They aren't running a Barclays Center show with only the main event are they? The entire brand is being pushed as a big deal, and they are by no means tempering expectations. If I get sold on a 5-star restaurant, I shouldn't have to accept 2-star appetizers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, that's a big problem.

If you stay in Florida in front of a non paying audience you can just dismiss their non understanding as a sense of false entitlement.

If you're basically running the second biggest promotion in the US and billing a big show, well, tough luck trying to play the false entitlement card. You can try running this tightrope but you have to basically relegate your developmental people to dark matches/keep them in Florida the whole time.

Friends, I saw Trainwreck, and I'm here to report that John Cena's ass got what's known in the business as "the biggest pop of the night."

Kaiterra

Banned
Yep, that's a big problem.

If you stay in Florida in front of a non paying audience you can just dismiss their non understanding as a sense of false entitlement.

If you're basically running the second biggest promotion in the US and billing a big show, well, tough luck trying to play the false entitlement card. You can try running this tightrope but you have to basically relegate your developmental people to dark matches/keep them in Florida the whole time.

There's a reason that the program is tiered the way it is, between purely training level, house show-only level/getting jobber placement on TV and then becoming a regular TV roster member.. By the time someone makes it to NXT TV, they're considered prepared beyond a fresh trainee, even if they often have a ways to go still.

Friends, I saw Trainwreck, and I'm here to report that John Cena's ass got what's known in the business as "the biggest pop of the night."
giphy.gif

Striker

Its crazy how bad they were back then and how good they are now. It's not all booking either as they were botch happy and boring.
Neither had a personality, but that's due with booking.

Davey in that run was so incredibly young. Just 23 or 24 entering in that time frame. He has spoke largely before about how he was restricted from having an expansive moveset and doing a variation of suplexes. So surely that didn't help any.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So it's bath time tonight and my two adorable nephews have finally got around to naming the giant rubber ducky they have. I'm chilling out in the other room with the dog when I hear, clear as a bell, the name they've chosen. Uncle Quacker.

I'm sure you can guess the first thing that popped into my head.

NoRéN

So it's bath time tonight and my two adorable nephews have finally got around to naming the giant rubber ducky they have. I'm chilling out in the other room with the dog when I hear, clear as a bell, the name they've chosen. Uncle Quacker.

I'm sure you can guess the first thing that popped into my head.
It's after midnight a I'm scared.

JavyOO7

I remember in a review a wai review WWE just handed them the belt and said good luck we don't want it anymore.

NXT Brooklyn card so far:

Owens vs Balor
Breeze vs Liger
Joe vs Corbin
Possibility
Banks vs Bayley

I'm gonna be so pissed when Joe beats Corbin. God dammit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just played through Her Story. Might be my game of the year at this point. Have a big page of notes next to me.
Yep, it's not even a contest for me right now. Her Story blows it all away so far.

this gawker thing's got me legit shook.

kind of scary how expected and damn near accepted doxxing is in today's world. how do I keep myself safe other than by living an unremarkable life? ~

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He appeared on Parks & Rec.

He's in Trainwreck.

And he's in Sisters.

I think Cena is hanging with the right crowd if he wants to get into film. Kudos to his agent.

He's making all the right friends.

Cagey

Banned
Finished a marathon watch of Parks and Rec a few weeks back and the John Cena cameo on Johnny Karate had me rolling.

He seems to have a natural goofball side so breaking in via comedy is the smart play and establishing himself as the Funny Super Jacked Bro Dude for the A-list comedy crowd in Hollywood can guarantee he has a number of typecast roles waiting before he tries for larger parts.

B-tier Rock-in-Be-Cool stuff. Good look for John.

We're 5 years away from Rocky pulling Cena into Fast and Furious X for a beautiful torch-passing moment.

Top Bottom