• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
I was expecting a remake from the classic 90s TV show Sisters.

I would be disappointed, but I laughed pretty hard at the trailer, so it's okay.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Do NXT tickets usually sell out pretty fast? I want to know if I should be camping the site.

Are you taking about the Brooklyn show? it definitely will. With all the Summerfest people there, the pool of potential attendees goes up a lot. I heard pretty much all the best seats sold out during the pre-sale.

jred2k

Are you taking about the Brooklyn show? it definitely will. With all the Summerfest people there, the pool of potential attendees goes up a lot. I heard pretty much all the best seats sold out during the pre-sale.
Did anybody notice or see how many ticketswere originally available? I'm interested to see how much of Barclay's they intend to fill up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;172159727 said:
going to the brooklyn nxt show and will proudly flash an #allrednation sign

I would ask for a Wrasslegaf sign but I have it on good authority this place isn't cool anymore, lol

We dabes

Cagey

Banned
next takeover : Bullet Club vs Balor and friends, Young Bucks turn on the bullet club and sign with NXT

book it

Oompa, Loompa, Flippity-Doo
I have the worst tag team for you
Oompa, Loompa, Flippity-Dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get from the unoriginal?
Biting the 90s with no shame at all.
What good is pandering smark crap?
What do you think will come of that?

iSr9xHBJGK0A1.gif

I don't like the look of it.

Is it about that case? I thought it was over?

Gawker published (and promoted) an article essentially helping people who were blackmailing a CEO by outing his sexuality.

It was so awful literally 95% (at least) of the comments on the article itself are users asking why they thought this was an okay thing to do in any way.

From Pulitzer Prize winner Wesley Morris's review of Trainwreck for Grantland:

Cena isn’t bad in his handful of scenes. But even the small parts suffer from being overconceived and underwritten. [John Cena's] Steven wants monogamy with Amy, but he also seems gay. And the movie doesn’t see any of those possibilities through, either. In bed one night, Amy asks Steven to talk during sex, and the best he can do is stuff like, “I’m gonna fill you with my protein.” Is he actually closeted, gay for himself, or just lousy in bed? The gay boyfriend is a relatable worry in Schumer’s comedy that rarely ends in belly laughs but always provides some insight into her paranoid distrust. In popular culture, men dreaming of having a gay girlfriend is a cliché. In Schumer’s world (and, frankly, beyond it), having a gay boyfriend is something women dread, and the depiction of that dread is rare in mainstream culture. But the movie shares Amy’s preemptive promiscuity. It’s always on to the next thing to keep from dealing with the matter at hand.

thefro

There's a reason that the program is tiered the way it is, between purely training level, house show-only level/getting jobber placement on TV and then becoming a regular TV roster member.. By the time someone makes it to NXT TV, they're considered prepared beyond a fresh trainee, even if they often have a ways to go still.

That's been going on since the OVW days really.

The difference with NXT is:
1) They protect people on their TV and put them in positions to succeed, but not as much as Cornette did. This is good since it's less likely some super-green, but big guy gets called up way too early because they have the Vince McMahon favored body type. Cornette would have got Baron Corbin super over somehow by this point and called up.
2) They're in front of a smark crowd instead of the "southern wrasslin'" OVW crowd of 200 people, which has its different challenges.

Kaladin

Is joe's run a flop so far. Dude has done nothing, has a a bad theme and is now in a Fuedwith Baron Corbin.

You could argue that any heat he had coming in was quickly squashed by his feud with Kevin Owens going nowhere. Thus is the struggle of NXT as a brand. You have a guy that is hot and do you keep him there or call him up to the main roster? Kevin Owens got called up. I think (even though it was not his fault at all) the Tyson Kidd thing has a bit to do with him being used in a lesser role too. The timing would certainly be right.

Ant-Man was super good last night, friends. Top 3 of the Marvel movies so far, along with GotG and Winter Soldier.

No wrestler cameos, though.

Who else? It's his twitter header. And here's his icon;

Fb8Wn5s.jpg

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEE.

His current gimmick is ranting about the marks, then vanity searching himself and arguing with marks.

Aiii

So not worth it

Fb8Wn5s.jpg

His current gimmick is ranting about the marks, then vanity searching himself and arguing with marks.

He's photoshopped himself midway through the bars.

Is his next gimmick pretending to be the T1000?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Fb8Wn5s.jpg

Oh god yes. I was making my statement in jest, but the cockles of my heart are piping hot now.

An Alex Riley photoshop contest would be a good idea...

It's really weird how for so many years when I didn't watching wrestling at all, from the people who did all I heard whenever they mentioned it was how bad John Cena was. Since I started watching again, he's consistently been involved in the top 2 or 3 things going on at any given time whether it's been Brock, and how that was handled, or the US Open challenge.

I'm sure having him WWE champion all the time would have been boring and his promos are very repetitive (but funny sometimes because he's such a ham), so I'm glad I missed out on all that Main Cena Era stuff and came in just around the time Brock suplexed him 16 times in a row and pinned him. I think someone mentioned it in here the other day - that this is the peak of his work. I dunno if that's true, since I haven't seen anything before 2014 at ALL (I left before he even showed up in the WWE), but I definitely don't see much along the lines of him hogging the whole show, having boring matches, 5 moves of doom. It's all pretty good stuff.

So I think I do want him to beat Kevin Owens on sunday, as much as that would take some steam out of Owens, and I think a GREAT match would be a four way between Owens, Cesaro, Rusev and Cena at Summerslam and maybe then he can drop the title to any one of them, they're all great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really weird how for so many years when I didn't watching wrestling at all, from the people who did all I heard whenever they mentioned it was how bad John Cena was. Since I started watching again, he's consistently been involved in the top 2 or 3 things going on at any given time whether it's been Brock, and how that was handled, or the US Open challenge.

I'm sure having him WWE champion all the time would have been boring and his promos are very repetitive (but funny sometimes because he's such a ham), so I'm glad I missed out on all that Main Cena Era stuff and came in just around the time Brock suplexed him 16 times in a row and pinned him. I think someone mentioned it in here the other day - that this is the peak of his work. I dunno if that's true, since I haven't seen anything before 2014 at ALL (I left before he even showed up in the WWE), but I definitely don't see much along the lines of him hogging the whole show, having boring matches, 5 moves of doom. It's all pretty good stuff.

So I think I do want him to beat Kevin Owens on sunday, as much as that would take some steam out of Owens, and I think a GREAT match would be a four way between Owens, Cesaro, Rusev and Cena at Summerslam and maybe then he can drop the title to any one of them, they're all great.

I guess the big question is, if Cena does win, can the US Title storyline continue? I say yes for Summerslam, at least.

If Cena drops it to Owens, where does Owens take it? I don't have an answer for that, except "lower" - so I think Cena should hang on for another month at the least.

jred2k

I could see Cena losing it Sunday and then having a fourway match at Summer Slam with Owens, Cena, Cesaro, and Rusev. I just wonder what Cena will be doing post U.S. Title run.

Also, Sunny, I've seen you say Owens won't be on the Summer Slam card. Would you be willing to back that prediction up with an avatar bet until Survivor Series?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could see Cena losing it Sunday and then having a fourway match at Summer Slam with Owens, Cena, Cesaro, and Rusev. I just wonder what Cena will be doing post U.S. Title run.

Also, Sunny, I've seen you say Owens won't be on the Summer Slam card. Would you be willing to back that prediction up with an avatar bet until Survivor Series?

No, because I don't really believe it...

But I am known to make dipshit bets. Let's do it. Pre-show NOT included. He can curtain jerk.

Top Bottom