• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

573797_G08_W01.jpg

Dolph Ziggler in 20 years

Big One

Banned
I find it interesting that WWE is so open about collaborating with other wrestling companies when they never were before and if they were it was very minimal ala their deal with AAA in the mid-90's or their supershows form the early 90's.

I have a feeling Triple H is going to turn WWE into NWA eventually kind of like what Jeff is trying to do with Global Force Wrestling. Triple H has a hard-on for the classic wrestling aspect and once Vince is gone I could see him reaching his hand out to lesser companies and promoting them as part of a bigger wrestling brand.

Foffy

Banned
I find it interesting that WWE is so open about collaborating with other wrestling companies when they never were before and if they were it was very minimal ala their deal with AAA in the mid-90's or their supershows form the early 90's.

I have a feeling Triple H is going to turn WWE into NWA eventually kind of like what Jeff is trying to do with Global Force Wrestling. Triple H has a hard-on for the classic wrestling aspect and once Vince is gone I could see him reaching his hand out to lesser companies and promoting them as part of a bigger wrestling brand.

I think that's what might happen too. Vince created a very walled garden after direct competition in America waned off, but Haitch really seems like a guy who simply loves wrestling, and has had a very strong soft spot for the whole business, not just the business of his particular promotion.

Was Beast in the East ran by HHH or Vince? Because the fact they namedropped other promotions was just stunning. The only person on commentary to do that normally would be JBL, and I'm sure he got shit for it from Vince.

klonere

Banned

I have very limited knowledge when it comes to NWA stuff but from what I've read and listened to NXT strikes me as a totally NWA inspired promotion when it comes to booking, rahter than the neo-ECW tag it gets slapped with a lot.

I wonder if Trips would carry that over to the big ship when/if he takes over

RP912

Banned

Sounds about right. I feel that once Vince gives full control to Trips and Dunn/Hayes can gently fuck off. I see WWE going in the right direction when ti comes down to wrestling. So far they did a complete 180 with recognizing other promotions, compared to the old days where Vince would buy out promotions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seth is awesome. I love cowardly heels who get the job done. It's just that Kane, as great as he is, is no Arn Anderson or even Chyna.

Striker

Seth is basically playing Triple H circa 2000, which was the worst Triple H.
Worse than the 2002-2003 version? Who couldn't do shit and still won every feud? The 2008-09 face version sucked bad too. He never lost.

The Edge heel persona is one of the best characters they've had since the early 90's. Not easy to recapture without good mic ability. Seth can't do the angst promo real well, or off-the-cuff comedy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4UNjqidL-w).

Edge got stale pretty fast for me. I think it was around the time he and Lita parted ways was when he kinda stopped being a new, fresh thing. He didn't change much as a character and fell into a same match syndrome. That whole Edge,Batista, Orton, Cena and Trips era was dark. I skipped out on years of that same old shit.

I mean assuming he was a heel, picking on paul bearer rules. Taker is gonna t-stone with fury; and that is fun.

yeahhh......

Edge got stale pretty fast for me. I think it was around the time he and Lita parted ways was when he kinda stopped being a new, fresh thing. He didn't change much as a character and fell into a same match syndrome. That whole Edge,Batista, Orton, Cena and Trips era was dark. I skipped out on years of that same old shit.

Triple H on Smackdown

yeahhh....

Striker

Taker was seemingly always in the main event on Smackdown. Faced Orton, Edge, Batista, Khali, briefly with Kennedy and who can forget that awful attempt at a Screwjob angle with CM Punk (I think that was '09 once Jeff Hardy left).

I still somehow remember a random Undertaker vs. Festus match and was somewhat good.

I love Olive Garden. I ate there last weekend. :)

I live in Los Angeles, and have wined and dined at some of the most expensive restaurants in the city.

Ill take Olive Garden over any of them

RP912

Banned
I never had Olive Garden :(. Everytime me and my wife make a plan to go there, we end up changing our minds and going somewhere else. The food looks like it'll make my head swim with all of that cheese and oil :(.

Top Bottom