• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
vFBAowB.gif
He should probably also stay away from wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Handicap Match: Akebono vs. Lemon Sonoyama, Guts Nakamura, Tsuneo Yoshi, Kenji Takeshima [Sportiva] & Elizabeth Franken
◆Winner: Akebono (8:13) with a Body Press on Tsuneo.
akebono.jpg

It's not entirely about that, but I can understand why WWE would react radically to that. ROH basically sent a signal to WWE that "if you sign our guys and work to get them over, we're going to try to make money off of that".

They've been doing that forever though. They put out 'best of (signed WWE wrestler)' as soon as wrestlers show up on tv on the WWE.

It would be hilarious if we found out this is entirely about that action figure.

It's not entirely about that, but I can understand why WWE would react radically to that. ROH basically sent a signal to WWE that "if you sign our guys and work to get them over, we're going to try to make money off of that".

Kaladin

MVP is gone from TNA....maybe time for WWE to give him another look?

MVP began posting on his social media this evening, intimating that he was done with TNA and noting that he was available for independent bookings.

Stories that MVP was gone from the company had been quietly circulating since yesterday, but TNA sources would not confirm his status when reached today.

As previously noted here on PWInsider.com, MVP had pushed for Hernandez to be brought into the company as part of the Beatdown Clan. When it turned out that Hernandez, despite signing paperwork stating that he was free and clear to work for TNA, was still under contract to Lucha Underground, that signing blew up in TNA's faces, forcing a ton of material and storylines to be re-edited.

MVP signed with TNA in February 2014 following runs with WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling. He was under a contract through February 2016.

While TNA has yet to officially confirm his departure, it's pretty clear the two sides have parted ways as part of the fallout of the Hernandez issue.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look at it this way, they get two nights worth of tape out of every taping, and are doing seven nights of taping in ten days. That's basically up to December. So if you're not signed/not healthy then, you're probably never going to be on TNA TV again, except maybe Bound for Glory.

tm24

Are you saying you don't want to see Mike Bailey get hit with a broken beer bottle?
Fjt4bR0.gif

Bailey's already trying to cripple himself with dumbass spots. Let Pentagon help him along.

God i love this match so much. If any of you people actually like Pentagon, you would watch his match vs Arez.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kane in 2015 is 48.

Big Sexy, star of a recent major Hollywood movie, is 56.

They both can still go. Age is just a number.
If you ever compare some midcarder nobody to Kevin Nash again, I may have to break your jaw friend

So since DVD/BR collections typically come in some sort of gimmick packaging, what should the Season 1 box-set of Lucha Underground come in?

Giant Aztec Medallion with a Catrina rock included.

I'm off watch indie wrestling featuring a furry, buttling luchadores, Sith lords, NJPW geeks, Canadians, and a fitness nut with "KAYFABE" literally tattooed across his stomach.

Later!

So since DVD/BR collections typically come in some sort of gimmick packaging, what should the Season 1 box-set of Lucha Underground come in?

A cheap beige bubble mailer, with all the discs withing contained in cheap white paper CD envelops, an the labels of the discs seemingly having been printed on one of those cheap, consumer-level DVD label printers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't imagine watching a show where your main event guys are Samoa Joe's former towel boy, a tag team homophobe who only ever got the title because everyone else left, and Kid Steve Corino.

I am very intrigued to see what backstage shenanigans are transpiring right this instant between WWE, ROH, NJPW & due to Gabe tweeting nonstop Evolve. Will WWE destroy everything but PWG? Tune in next week true believer! Same Bat Time, same Batchannel.

RP912

Banned
ROH is like that lemonade stand where the seller bitches about integrity and hard times for a hour before giving you a 50 cent cup of lemonade.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't get how a show owned by a freaking TV company can look so bad on TV.

TNA doesn't even pay their production crew on time and it looks a billion times better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait... WWE wants to hurt ROH now?

Possibly. They might also be doing it completely accidentally by whatever plan they have going on. We all assume malice because we're talking about the WWE here, who will bite their own nose to spite their face, but it could be as simple as trying to make a big new push and fucking over the last of the big indies as an unintended side effect.

Haven't seen the show but does it look like it is high school gym?

Better than that. Maybe indoor county fair? State fair on a good day? Think State fair but with the lighting of a really bad strip club.

I still don't get how a show owned by a freaking TV company can look so bad on TV.

TNA doesn't even pay their production crew on time and it looks a billion times better.

Sinclair bought ROH completely as a vanity project. They don't give them any resources to grow other than the weekly show. Hell, the ROH/NJPW shows this year almost had bottom-tier talent because Sinclair didn't want to shell out money.

Possibly. They might also be doing it completely accidentally by whatever plan they have going on. We all assume malice because we're talking about the WWE here, who will bite their own nose to spite their face, but it could be as simple as trying to make a big new push and fucking over the last of the big indies as an unintended side effect.

Nah, Meltzer has said that WWE absolutely is doing these deals to go after ROH. They are aware of the effects they are having.

RP912

Banned
Shame the ROH/NJPW events were duds this year. I seen some of the matches on NJPW World and it felt like I was watching a best of show :/.

The NJPW/ROH shows were,awesome. Epically Global Wars.

Lots of great matches in Philly night 2.

Using the minor league system as an indie,killer is so weird.

I can't wait for NXT to run the Legion Hall in Receda

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually noticed I could get the entire original trilogy audiobook for real cheap the other day on Audible so that'll be my next big listen.

Top Bottom