• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

If Bryan had a retirement match, who would you want it to be with?

Keep in mind this is a retirement match, not necessarily a dream match.

I'm ok with Kane, Kane helped get Bryan over huge, and there's a big part of those two that deserve to be together.
Samoan Joe. A nod to their ROH history and Joe can then say he's retired two people.

Cagey

Banned
Everyone has their own way how they want to go. Bryan wants a match with Kane and I, for example, want to be eaten by sharks. Who is society to deny us that right?

Wrestlers who want to have their Randy 'The Ram' Robinson moment in the sun shouldn't be denied their glory. Wrestlers used to say you left This Business on your back, and some take that to the extreme.

Big One

Banned
Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan
I appreciate all the thank yous, but the entire interview claiming that I said my time is over is a fake. I will be back wrestling.

This guy is going to die wrestling isn't he?
He probably wouldn't have had such an issue if he just got the surgery in the first place instead of using that voodoo medicine shit or whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He probably wouldn't have had such an issue if he just got the surgery in the first place instead of using that voodoo medicine shit or whatever.

Those anti-vax sentiments

I blame Vince that people still think this bullshit is what happened and not that he did actually have surgery but it didn't work because the docs had no idea what was actually wrong with him.

JavyOO7

I'm ok with Kane, Kane helped get Bryan over huge, and there's a big part of those two that deserve to be together.

John Cena needs to get his win back, daddeh.

somedevil

You know its not his neck thats the problem right? Your just feeding another unfunny meme from this topic that doesn't use facts.

His problem is concussion related. He trying to make it back instead of be like Christian or Graves who can't wrestle anymore.

You know its not his neck thats the problem right? His problem is concussion related. He trying to make it back instead of be like Christian or Graves who can't wrestle anymore.

Oh yeah, last I heard Christian was claiming he wasn't done... When's the last time anyone's seen him?

...I'm not seeing it.

And current day stars are utterly crippled by the fucking garbage scripted shit.

Can you imagine Seth mustering genuine-feeling emotion like this? I can't. He's gotten MUCH better on the mic, but he still has a pretty limited range in what he can achieve.

do we hate Seth now?

I don't think anyone hates him as a performer, but he's been booked as such a whiny weakling since becoming champion that it's going to take a long time for WWE to build goodwill toward or interest in him back up. Ratings have taken a huge nosedive since he became champ, and while that's probably more attributable to a general lack of direction in the product as a whole than to him, specifically, it does demonstrate that he is not much of a draw, unto himself, in his current incarnation.

Edit: Daniel Bryan's current problem has nothing to do with him not getting surgery. He took a bunch of reckless bumps when he got back, perhaps hoping to prove to management and fans that his nerve in his neck was fine and he could still go, and he slipped up and took a strike badly from Sheamus during a Smackdown match, leading to a concussion. The problem is that he worked the indies for such a long time that he's got a litany of undiagnosed concussions that he worked through in his past, so it's more than just a "be more careful next time" scenario. My guess is he just wants to focus on Tough Enough for right now so that he has enough time to get as well as he can before he gets evaluated for coming back from the concussion. I really think he should take a year or two off and try to shoot for a Shawn Michaels-like part 2 of his career, but he prob thinks that nobody'll give a shit about him by then, which is probably true. TBH, once Sami Zayn comes back, he's everything I liked about Bryan plus MUCH better mic skills and a more everyman kind of look.

klonere

Banned
maybe it's the dream of every vegan to eventually become a vegetable

emot-master.gif

Aztec Warfare was fantastic. Everyone came out of it looking great. I love how Big Ryck just lariat's and shoulder blocks people and is still believable as a complete murderer. Dats sum gud wrasslin' booking there friends.

Sami Zayn. "You're the frequently injured IWC beloved baby face now."

Kane would make sense. Or Cena. The Cena feud was where he went from a guy getting over in the upper midcard to an undeniable main eventer.

Sephzilla

So are the rumors of
Sting vs Taker at Summerslam
still a thing? What if they're doing
Sting vs Taker at Summerslam
because
Taker's retirement match will be against Demon Finn Balor?

It's still amazing that this happened

You mean the match Vince tried to make people forget happened?

dream

The problem with Seth is his style is based around fun little flippy spots, and he speaks like Jeff Spicoli. You my homey, Chamber, but Seth just isn't a top heel kind of guy. He'd make a great babyface Intercontinental champion though.

RP912

Banned
I just hate the fact that they named the move "the move that beat Cena", instead of a fucking running knee or goat knee. Something better than that lame name of a signature.

Kaladin

Slammiversary wasn't the end for TNA......

The 2015 TNA Bound for Glory PPV this October will emanate from the Charlotte, North Carolina area, PWInsider.com has learned.

TNA President Dixie Carter teased an announcement was coming soon about the PPV, as well as a new interactive Fan Experience that would take place that weekend.

The problem with Seth is his style is based around fun little flippy spots, and he speaks like Jeff Spicoli. You my homey, Chamber, but Seth just isn't a top heel kind of guy. He'd make a great babyface Intercontinental champion though.

He shouldn't be a top heel a la HHH, but he should def be near the top but should be more of an Edge-like tweener, an "I'm out for me and fuck everyone else" type of character.

klonere

Banned
I just hate the fact that they named the move "the move that beat Cena", instead of a fucking running knee or goat knee. Something better than that lame name of a signature.

I love Knee+ but you can't use that in regular parlance.

Running knee is fine I think,

Problem with Seth is that is character is billed as "The Architect" someone who is good at building plans and thinking 2 moves ahead.

He has been booked like a bitch who runs to mommy and daddy when something goes wrong. Man up,and build a weapon to slay the beast

RP912

Banned
Slammiversary wasn't the end for TNA......

I give Dixie props. Most promoters in her shoes would have been tapped out, she keeps the ball rolling despite the fact that half of the roster went to GFW or finding another line of employment. She's the real MVP.

dream

I give Dixie props. Most promoters in her shoes would have been tapped out, she keeps the ball rolling despite the fact that half of the roster went to GFW or finding another line of employment. She's the real MVP.

There's a lot of truth to this. At the end of the day, Dixie's perseverance indicates that she really does love pro wrestling. It's baffling that fans don't realize that she's one of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Problem with Seth is that is character is billed as "The Architect" someone who is good at building plans and thinking 2 moves ahead.

He has been booked like a bitch who runs to mommy and daddy when something goes wrong. Man up,and build a weapon to slay the beast

He's basically Triple H's character from around 2000, when he was always truly being a cerebral assassin. Probably my most favorite version of HHH, but a lot of folks didn't like it.

dream

He's basically Triple H's character from around 2000, when he was always truly being a cerebral assassin. Probably my most favorite version of HHH, but a lot of folks didn't like it.

But HHH was never a FFG though. He's always worked American Strong Style, which I think is the best style for a top heel to use.

klonere

Banned

I'm sorry, are you floating a scenario where the McMahon's aren't the top dogs and focal point of the show?

imxG94TyEHRhJ.gif

RP912

Banned
With the good news of Bound For Glory happening in 2015, we should do a August TNA theme. It'll bring back the numbers that this community deserves.

somedevil

Gabe Sapolsky posted these tweets:

I'm waiting for The Young Bucks to jump on this new "Indy Wars" with national, well financed promotions and do doubleshots in one night

It's really fascinating what's going on behind the scenes now. Lots of moves being made. Competition and alliances really heating up

This is the best time to be a fan in the last 10 years, imo. It's going to be great to watch in the ring and follow behind-the-scenes

Sounds like some crazy stuff is going on behind the scenes.

Top Bottom