• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hex

Banned
Alright friends...should I bother picking up 2K15 or just wait for 2K16.
Have not played a wrestling vidya game since the N64 days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright friends...should I bother picking up 2K15 or just wait for 2K16.
Have not played a wrestling vidya game since the N64 days.
Don't. Hot garbage. I promise.

Colocho

Banned
Anyone else think that if a champion is injured, there should be an interim champion (like in UFC)? That way you can still have people fighting over that title and just have an undisputed title match at the next PPV when the original champion comes back.

Obviously this isn't for guys like Bryan or if they're gonna be out for 6 months or something like that where you would just vacate it, but if the champ is out for 2-4 weeks, it seems like a nice idea IMO.

I don't hate Balor, but I don't think talent is a guarantee of quality when it comes to the WWE and haven't cared for much of what he's done. That goes for a lot of the guys I'm fans of from their time in wrestling prior to joining WWE. It's not a knock on them, that's just how it is.

RP912

Banned
After having a binge of NJPW matches...it's safe to say that Balor is better when he's not limited to a set move set. Dude is puro to the wrestling shoes and they have him doing typical WWE "oh wow" moves, instead of letting him give out the whole package. I know it's for health reasons and etc...but I'm simply not impressed with his ring work in NXT, yet his entrance is still the best I've seen in a while.

Watched this show from a new NWA promotion in the UK, pretty average for the most part, but I got to see Doug Williams & Johnny Storm being awesome, plus a great main event between Marty Scurll & Will Ospreay. Both guys are going to have a great time at BOLA, I'm sure, but while Ospreay's the immediately exciting of the two, I think Scurll's going to make a lot of fans in PWG. Everything's clicking for him these days, he's got presence, he's super smooth in the ring, he's clearly thought about his move-set and cut out the superfluous shit and concentrated it all around setting up his finisher. He's just as brutal as his tag partner, Zack Sabre Jr, when it comes to manipulating limbs and digits and can be as equally technically minded, he just lacks the exposure Zack's had and BOLA should do wonders for him in that regard. Can't wait to see how all the European guys do, there's going to be SO many style clashes in this tournament, I love it maggle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BOLA I need to see

Pentagon vs ZSJ
Fenix vs Chris Hero
Pentagon vs Ricochet(since they haven't wrestled in LU)
Mike Bailey vs Pentagon

I've checked out some of Balor's stuff in NXT and I don't find it to be bad but nothing about him draws me in. The stuff I saw of Owens (vs Cena) is at least indy spot fest shit you can enjoy initially before realizing it was just that.

dream

Well Sunny already hates Kevin and I already hate Finn.

I vehemently disagree with your assessment of Fin, whom I believe is the future of this wretched company. But I do so in a respectful way because we are friends, we are adults, and I do not feel the need to come up with a term like, say, "gimmick poster" to refer to those who do not like the same things I like.

I don't know enough about most the European guys except ZSJ.

Except I fucking hate Galloway.

Tommy End'll have great matches with any of the heavy-hitters or more technical wrestlers, Mark Andrews & Ospreay will be good against high-flyers and big guys (especially Ospreay, who's great at working from under an opponent) and Marty Scurll can probably have a good match with just about anyone else in the tournament.

I've enjoyed a lot of Galloway's stuff in EVOLVE, with the right match-up he'll wow a lot of people at BOLA, I think.

Lum1n3s

Yo, this Shinsuke Nakamura vs Tomohiro Ishii match is trill mode. What move did I just witness??!?!
PrQ8tVL.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean even when he was allowed to do 'what he wanted' in NJPW, I never thought he was one of their top tier performers. I'd put him slightly above like Yujiro but below Suzuki, Styles, Tanahashi, Nakamura, Ibushi, Naito, Shibata, Jojima or Nagata. To be fair, I thought the same of KENTA, but he had the luck of being on NOAH which has a fucking terrible roster so it's easy to look like the best.

His strongest attribute was that he had a really good look. Which can be a goldmine for the WWE. But I never thought he was a best of the best. We joke about B+, but I'd definitely call him B+. I'd put him below the other main eventers NXT has/had. Though I still think they could make it work.

Unlike Tyler Breeze who is Enhancement Talent 4 lyfe

Tyler Breeze beat out a number of sports entertainment superstars, including Tully Blanchard, in the annual WrassleGAF Rumble. That's more than most people ever accomplish in This Business.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wouldn't this match basically be that one match he had vs Arez?

Are you saying you don't want to see Mike Bailey get hit with a broken beer bottle?
Fjt4bR0.gif

Bailey's already trying to cripple himself with dumbass spots. Let Pentagon help him along.

Thought: If Bryan REALYY wants to come back, they need to stick him in a tag team with an up and coming guy. Allow Bryan to be protected in tag matches, gets another guy over, and gets people to care about the tag team division.

Jopie

¡HarlequinPanic!;172232098 said:
There is a heavy ache in my heart when I see this shit about Virgil. I am not like a huge fan or something but I dunno. Just profound sadness

Same here. Sadness, and I just wish I could help him.

Top Bottom