• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Sinclair bought ROH completely as a vanity project. They don't give them any resources to grow other than the weekly show. Hell, the ROH/NJPW shows this year almost had bottom-tier talent because Sinclair didn't want to shell out money.

Sinclair doesn't want ROH to grow because they know if they do that, they inevitably end up competing against WWE, like all the other big dumb companies before them, and then they go under, like all the other big dumb companies before them.

The best way to fight WWE is to intentionally not do anything that could possibly affect them negatively. It's smart and it's safe. The problem is in wrestling you can count on one hand people who are both, and on two hands people who are one or the other.

Sinclair doesn't want ROH to grow because they know if they do that, they inevitably end up competing against ROH, like all the other big dumb companies before them, and then they go under, like all the other big dumb companies before them.

The best way to fight WWE is to intentionally not do anything that could possibly affect them negatively. It's smart and it's safe. The problem is in wrestling you can count on one hand people who are both, and on two hands people who are one or the other.

But then you have company that will be stuck in a position where it may make money or it may not, and if that's the case and will never not be the case, then what is the point of running/owning it?

tm24

Sunny. CMLL had a trios match that had a good chunk of Negro Casas going up against Dragon Lee. Basically sounds perfect for you

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny. CMLL had a trios match that had a good chunk of Negro Casas going up against Dragon Lee. Basically sounds perfect for you
Yes, it does. I will go lookin...

But then you have company that will be stuck in a position where it may make money or it may not, and if that's the case and will never not be the case, then what is the point of running/owning it?

Sinclair wants to make money and survive. They've done a pretty good job of that so far this year, considering they now regularly get a million TV viewers weekly and all they had to do to get it was con a Discovery network pissed off at TNA into airing their tapes for the price of basically nothing.

Dude

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww can Lesnar not win man

This dude is the fucking best, he can't beat Rollins? Jesus christ. Yeah, Taker needs to interfere. What I want to see if Taker vs Lesnar for the WWE title and Lesnar EASILY winning.

Paracelsus

Dude

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww can Lesnar not win man

This dude is the fucking best, he can't beat Rollins? Jesus christ. Yeah, Taker needs to interfere. What I want to see if Taker vs Lesnar for the WWE title and Lesnar EASILY winning.

Batista vs Edge, Vengeance 2007, similar outcome but outside interference.

xTOOLx

The NJPW/ROH shows were,awesome. Epically Global Wars.

Lots of great matches in Philly night 2.

Using the minor league system as an indie,killer is so weird.

I can't wait for NXT to run the Legion Hall in Reseda

Fuck it, I'll be there. As long as I can have a pitcher of beer in one hand and a Jack and coke in the other while watching great wrestling and wearing a Mount Rushmore 2.0 shirt, I will always attend shows at American Legion Post #308.

More from Meltzer

Y432BQN.jpg

1437197303146.png

jred2k

As much as it looks and sounds fun to go to BOLA, the realities of being in a packed armory without A/C for three nights in a row seems rough. Most of the crowd must feel exhausted by the end of the third night.

More from Meltzer

Y432BQN.jpg

1437197303146.png

What would the one thing be? It's something that hurts ROH, so maybe WWE will pay more for their night but have their contract say they are the only wrestling promotion that can run there and lock ROH out of renting it.

In a way that's cheap for WWE to impact (cough) the competition. Even if they are basically paying the venue for themselves plus the amount ROH pays to run it would really turn the screws on them.

NJPW have started up something called 'Lion's Gate Project', which appears to be a farm system to recruit new talent, as well as a way for current talent to work more dates if need be. Sounds like their NXT.

They also announced that they'll be strengthening their international partnerships, re-emphasising the 'International' in IWGP with more joint-shows and guests;

EF0SMNA.png
6ValP6u.png

Lastly, Tomoyuki Oka won his 2nd MMA fight today in Sumo Hall. NJPW president Kidani was there to watch him, as Oka is a member Toukon Club (New Japan's amateur wrestling program) and wants to enter the NJPW Dojo after the Olympics next year.

klonere

Banned
NJPW have started up something called 'Lion's Gate Project', which appears to be a farm system to recruit new talent, as well as a way for current talent to work more dates if need be. Sounds like their NXT.

They also announced that they'll be strengthening their international partnerships, re-emphasising the 'International' in IWGP with more joint-shows and guests;

EF0SMNA.png
6ValP6u.png

Lastly, Tomoyuki Oka won his 2nd MMA fight today in Sumo Hall. NJPW president Kidani was there to watch him, as Oka is a member Toukon Club (New Japan's amateur wrestling program) and wants to enter the NJPW Dojo after the Olympics next year.

"Singapole" eheheh

Did you see NJPW went public? Wonder if that'll be a big injection of funds to follow through on these plans.

Any of the LU fans in the thread should check out this Thursday's episode of the Steve Austin podcast with Johnny Mundo - great breakdown of his work in LU, especially the iron man match with Puma.

Now dreaming of Steve as an agent for LU.

Browny

Banned
Liked Sword (3/5), loved Elfstones (5/5), and just started Wishsong. After the initial drudgery of Sword, things really picked up. Glad I made it through to get to the REALLY good stuff in Elfstones.
Excellent choice, friend. Wishsong is a little weaker than Elfstones (even more LOTR than the others, if you think that's possible) - but it's a great book to set up the Heritage series. Which is epic.

Alucard

Banned
Excellent choice, friend. Wishsong is a little weaker than Elfstones (even more LOTR than the others, if you think that's possible) - but it's a great book to set up the Heritage series. Which is epic.

Hmm, I was thinking of taking a break from Shannara after this one. I've read the quality doesn't hold up and that nothing really touches Elfstones in terms of quality.

Gonzalez

Banned

EF0SMNA.png
6ValP6u.png

Sounds like when NOAH formed GWA. A project that basically fell apart after a year.

Sounds like when NOAH formed GWA. A project that basically fell apart after a year.

NOAH's was more of a loose talent exchange, they had no interest in promoting overseas. This is just New Japan announcing that they'll be strengthening the partnerships they already are a part of, in order to get more international eyes on the product.

I'm hoping that now they're joint promoting shows with RevPro, some UK guys will get booked - Ospreay for next year's BOSJ has to happen.

NOAH's was more of a loose talent exchange, they had no interest in promoting overseas. This is just New Japan announcing that they'll be strengthening the partnerships they already are a part of, in order to get more international eyes on the product.

I'm hoping that now they're joint promoting shows with RevPro, some UK guys will get booked - Ospreay for next year's BOSJ has to happen.

Let's replace Gallows with Mastiff in next year's G1.

Oh God, saw a picture of shaven, baby faced Mastiff.

Kaladin

This is kinda crazy....just noticed the venue pre-sale for Survivor Series at Phillips Arena in ATL was last week, and the general onsale isn't till August 29th.

Doesn't seem like it's usually that far in advance.

when people tell Eva to go home, she should just own it and be like "Go home? You're in MY house, motherfucker! YOU go home, back to your momma's basement!"

that'd be rad of red

klonere

Banned
Cesaro pinned Rusev clean with The Neutralizer on this week's Smackdown?! Goddamn.

gotta get that win back for some fine 50/50 booking!!!!!!!

as much as I like Cesaro getting a win back that soon on fuckign Smackdown does nothing for him

keep my boy Rusev BULGARIAN STRONK

73IY65N.gif

Suzuki vs Takayama got 1,845 people into Korakuen Hall today, NOAH's best Korakuen attendance for quite a while.
Suzuki retained then was challenged by Sugiura post-match
!

If New Japan goes public, does that improve the chances well get a videogame again?

Hopefully. They made a game for mobiles, but it's Japanese only at the moment - would love a new console NJPW game.

NJPW game, release it in the west with a DVD or Blu-Ray companion with a bunch of matches on it or somethin' to introduce the company to newcomers. Luke Gallows gets a Festus Alt skin for pre-order DLC.

Goddamn it NJPW just fund a new King of Colosseum game. You practically own NOAH and I doubt the other promotions are going to be hardheaded about lending their likenesses.

Once upon a time Yukes could actually make good wrestling games, but there was little incentive for them to try and do so when WWE marks bought the games every year regardless.

Top Bottom