• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Once upon a time Yukes could actually make good wrestling games, but there was little incentive for them to try and do so when WWE marks bought the games every year regardless.

Do they even have the same people making these games that made the older ones? I'd assume there was a mass exodus of talent at some point judging by the downward slope in quality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been awhile, but the Yukes team that did the last good WWE games, notably DoR and DoR2 eventually became EA's MMA developer before they got the UFC license.

gotta get that win back for some fine 50/50 booking!!!!!!!

as much as I like Cesaro getting a win back that soon on fuckign Smackdown does nothing for him

keep my boy Rusev BULGARIAN STRONK

73IY65N.gif

What's Damien Sandow doing?

Striker

when people tell Eva to go home, she should just own it and be like "Go home? You're in MY house, motherfucker! YOU go home, back to your momma's basement!"

that'd be rad of red
I looked at it as the smarks telling her to end the match. But either way, they are moronic and those types of fans are the worst.

LOL, NJPW chairman Kidani says "NXT" during a press conference and supposedly reputable newzsites run with "New Japan working with NXT!" stories, without bothering to check what he'd actually said.

WWE trying to destroy ROH seems disingenuous considering how many top guys have come out of there. Especially for their tripe A baseball team.

Not like their developmental system is producing quality wrestlers.

klonere

Banned
WWE trying to destroy ROH seems disingenuous considering how many top guys have come out of there. Especially for their tripe A baseball team.

Not like their developmental system is producing quality wrestlers.

they destroyed the promotion that Hogan came from and made his name in

they don't GIVE a fuck

LOL, NJPW chairman Kidani says "NXT" during a press conference and supposedly reputable newzsites run with "New Japan working with NXT!" stories, without bothering to check what he'd actually said.
Well what about the reports that a huge international star will wrestle at NXT?

Mahonay

Banned
I'm in a 10 minute queue on Ticketmaster for the NXT Takeover show in Brooklyn next month.

I reloaded the site on a different browser and no more tickets are available. That's after 5 minutes of them being up. Jesus.

Raw64life

Click on NXT tickets the second they go up

Only 200 sections available.

Click continue.

"We're sorry, we were unable to process your request."

9nlKlnUh.jpg

Tickets sold out.

Another successful Ticketmaster venture......

Mahonay

Banned
Must be only putting up a certain number of seats to start with. Why.

EDIT: Got through queue and no tickets for me, hooray!

Raw64life

I wish I would've just gotten a "sorry, sold out" message instead of getting through to tickets and right before confirming my order getting a "whoops, fuck you" like I did.

Zach

As a guy who works in the event ticketing industry (v_v), my advice is to always go in person (if possible). A lot of the time, great tickets are put on hold for folks who show up in person. After everyone clears out, if there are still seats on hold, that's when they open them up for online sales, etc.

This also means you should check back throughout today because, like I said, some holds may open up. You just have to get lucky sometimes. It's great that there's such demand. :D

Oh, one last note, a lot of times the promoter will have a bunch of holds (for comps, etc.) and end up not using all of them. This means amazing seats can sometimes open up anywhere from 24 hours before the show to, well, showtime, really. Depends on the promoter. Just an FYI for you guys.

The Rise and Fall of ROH would be a depressing view since the glory years are long gone...

Eh ROH has been good last few years but it seems that a lot of talent is going to be in NJPW soon.

Shame Sinclair is not going to open the coffers to make it a fair fight

RP912

Banned
Eh ROH has been good last few years but it seems that a lot of talent is going to be in NJPW soon.

Shame Sinclair is not going to open the coffers to make it a fair fight

True. Yet, it's not touching the golden years. My main gripe with ROH is that they don't hide the negatives with the positives. One thing I can say about Heyman is that he made ECW stand out from the obvious low budget production. ROH however doesn't give a fuck. We can only hope that Sinclair treats the promotion like a gold mine, rather than a small investment. They have the potential to be on a huge level, but so much confusion is holding the movement back.

RP912

Banned
Watching some G1 matches from last year. Screw the haters, Gallows is money. Dude knows his limitations and makes them work to his advantage.

Menome

As I won't be able to watch Battleground until Monday evening, I'll also be away from this thread whilst I'm busy this weekend. So, my predictions for tomorrow night:

Roman Reigns v Bray Wyatt: Reigns wins thanks to interference from Dean Ambrose, with Reigns having concocted some sort of "payback plan".

The New Day vs Prime Time Players: PTP hold the title, just a bit of a fun match.

Kevin Owens vs John Cena: Owens to win for the shock factor. Starts his own US Open Challenge on RAW. Beats everyone for weeks, Cena gets it back before Summer Slam.

Randy Orton vs Sheamus: Orton wins. Sheamus gets all indignant as usual and storms off, leading to...

Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins: In a mirror of Wrestlemania: Sheamus, still upset over his loss to Orton, cashes in the MITB during the match to make it a Triple Threat, going to Rollins "If it's good enough for you, then I can do it too".

As to who wins...I would say Brock Lesnar, but Sheamus could grab it with his interference and Brock invokes his rematch at Summer Slam. Gets it there instead.

Browny

Banned
Hmm, I was thinking of taking a break from Shannara after this one. I've read the quality doesn't hold up and that nothing really touches Elfstones in terms of quality.
Elfstones is top quality, but the Heritage is definitely worth reading IMO. But anything else is a step below (the prequels - and don't get me started on the modern setting shite).

And the TV trailer looks dope too.

So the NXT event on Summer Slam weekend sold out instantly? Do we know how many they're seating for that show?

They sold out the bottom section of the arena during the first day of the pre-sale on Wednesday, so the ones that sold out today must have been the upper section.

Anth0ny

NoRéN;172281080 said:
Who was doubting that NXT would be able to fill up the Barclay's Center something decent?

bauer and pollock seemed skeptical since they are holding not only nxt on saturday and summerslam on sunday, but also raw on monday. three different shows at barclay's center, three days in a row.

never underestimate the deep pockets of hardcore wrasslin fans

somedevil

So do we know how much of the arena NXT will be using now?

Not sure. They started out seating for 5000 but it was already beyond that before tickets for everyone else was released.

Plus here is a new video from Xavier Woods playing turtles in time snes with Seth Rollins. Brought up was Seth opinion of the new Batman game, there opinion of the michael bay turtles movie, Kevin Nash as Super Shredder and Rollins serious business with Madden in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIcIlmmhKr0

Top Bottom