• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Him getting accustomed to the new promotion and new style and seeing his progress improve each week. He seemed to connect really well with the fans and came off as a guy you wanted to win. He's probably the most 'human' feeling wrestler in NXT rather than a cool guy doing cool things like Finn or Corbin. The WM video helped a lot as well.

Helps that he could eat a few losses and not damage his character "aura", like it would for the other two guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Off-topic
hqdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, if it's #IndiePosterThursday I guess I should throw up the most recent Compound Pro Wrestling poster for Oklahoma:
ViCpEhS.jpg

kiguel182

Fair enough. Question...what makes NXT any different from a regular indy promotion? They both cut from the same cloth and the only difference is production value. I used to get involved with NXT, but it just comes off like a parody to indy wrestling. There's no division bracket, the storylines took a flair flop to the face, and the crowd...the fucking crowd. Man...Dream was right about them :/. Other than that...I just can't understand the hype behind NXT, when its been on the decline for months.

Well, production values are a big part of it, no doubt.

They also wrestle the WWE style that I enjoy but a more intelligent version of it if that makes sense.

I like the storylines, most are pretty basic but the talent is interesting and it's easy to get behind them and want them to succeed. Also, most revolve around wanting to be champion which helps the matches be important, even the smaller ones.

I like the characters and they have a notion of spectacle and showbiz that I don't se in ROH for example.

But I mean, I get that you don't like or you like a different style I just don't agree that every other promotion is an alternative when I like that specific kind of product and just wish it was better while at the same time the others don't appeal to me.

Except for Lucha Underground, that I just need to dedicate more time to it. Only watched the first episode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Believe that." - Ray Fury

6PblNAY.jpg

COUSIN

CLETUS

Hah, Lord Gideon Grey is amazingly British. Also, no love for the guy in the top left? 'The East End Butcher' Sha Samuels is very English, very Laaaaahndan, to be precise.

He looks insanely british as well but didn't have the neighbor multiplier that Lord Gideon Grey had, hahahaha. So good.

I'd like to see a British detective gimmick and a chav gimmick in America. Even though chavs are kinda passe.

Ultratech

Those indy posters hurt me to look at.

Like...it's bad design all over the damn place.

Also, are Chip Hazard and Talon Williams related?
(It's kinda funny how they're doing the same pose in the same trunks.)

jmdajr

Not wrestling related but some story..

Moore on 360 red ring of death

We knew we had a problem," Moore said. "I remember going to Robbie Bach, my boss, and saying, I think we could have a billion dollar problem here.

"As we started to do the analysis of what was going on, we were getting the defectives in, it was a challenging problem for our engineers, and we couldn't quite figure out what it was.[/B] We knew it was heat related. There were all kinds of [homebrew] 'fixes.' I remember people putting wet towels around the box."

With people upset that their Xbox 360 consoles were not working and the situation becoming damaging to the brand, Moore knew Microsoft needed to address the issue. To put things right, though, Moore and his financial team figured it would cost Microsoft $1.15 billion.

The next step for Moore was presenting his plan to then-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. After explaining the situation, Moore had to reveal the price tag of the solution to his boss.

"He said, 'What's it going to cost?' I remember taking a deep breath, looking at Robbie, and saying, 'We think it's $1.15 billion, Steve.' He said, 'Do it.' There was no hesitation," Moore said. "I'm thinking, I'm about to crater Microsoft's stock. [But] actually, nothing moved."

As such, Moore credits Ballmer with saving the Xbox brand and doesn't think there would even be an Xbox One without him green-lighting the plan to fix the situation.

Top Bottom