• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Just grabbed third-row floor tickets to the Smackdown taping in Portland next month! First TV taping for the 11-year-old and I, which he really wants to do at least once.

C'mon, Battleground, give us something to look forward to!

Alucard

Banned
Elfstones is top quality, but the Heritage is definitely worth reading IMO. But anything else is a step below (the prequels - and don't get me started on the modern setting shite).

And the TV trailer looks dope too.

I agree that the TV trailer looks pretty great. I think it looks a bit too modern in parts, though.

I'll have to check out more Shannara at a later time. For now, I'll probably take 2 weeks to finish Wishsong, and then I'll tackle all the other unread stuff on my shelf before jumping into more Shannara.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
oa1dMPx.png
Don't bite the hand that feeds Meltz.

All that WWE working with NJPW stuff yesterday had me thinking.. what if WWE actually did team up and have some kind of working relationship with a Japanese company for developmental talent.

Going to Japan for a few months and getting the snot beat out of you has been one of those wrestling right of passages for generations. WWE should have a official version of that.

klonere

Banned
All that WWE working with NJPW stuff yesterday had me thinking.. what if WWE actually did team up and have some kind of working relationship with a Japanese company for developmental talent.

Going to Japan for a few months and getting the snot beat out of you has been one of those wrestling right of passages for generations. WWE should have a official version of that.

Thing is, from watching a lot of NXT, its clear that WWE don't want people really wrestling with that much of a signature style. Most of the guys down in NXT who are NXT born and bred have very very bland and standard movesets. Going to Japan would only give them stuff that they'd have to "unlearn" when they get back home.

There are stiff matches in the WWE (the last Rollins/Ambrose match) but overall they just don't wrestle anywhere close to the WWE style. Like if or when Cody Hall comes to the E, he'll probably be in great shape and have learned a lot about discipline and respect for sure but his wrestling more than likely won't be in line with what is wanted.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
prediction time. brock lesnar wins tomorrow, taker returns on raw wants to get revenge on brock sets up summerslam, at summerslam sheamus cashes in a pins taker

DMczaf

I saw Trainwreck last night, it also had a trailer for Sisters attached.

It was a Cena night, y'all.

Also, I saw his naked ass. It's real, and it's fantastic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would be startled if Taker ever does or has any involvement in anything interesting again.

How about this Slappy?

John Cena wins on Sunday. Kevin Owens, who KNOWS he can't beat Cena, goes after Ambrose or Reigns or someone.

John Cena comes out, busted up but because he's a TRUE AMERICAN HERO he'll fight anyone in his UNITED STATES OPEN CHALLENGE. You want some, come get some.

When all of a sudden...his music hits.

How about this Slappy?

John Cena wins on Sunday. Kevin Owens, who KNOWS he can't beat Cena, goes after Ambrose or Reigns or someone.

John Cena comes out, busted up but because he's a TRUE AMERICAN HERO he'll fight anyone in his UNITED STATES OPEN CHALLENGE. You want some, come get some.

When all of a sudden...his music hits.

Sounds fun and a little bit weird, but undeniably awesome, so it won't happen. ;-; I mean, WWE themselves don't seem to like Bikertaker (whom I shall now refer to as 'Baker') too much.

But yeah, one can dream. A bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF meetup was good, even if it didn't have Zach. We played Wrestlemania pinball and it's a really fun machine, then went to a wine bar and flatbread place. Good time. Pictures incoming later.

Top Bottom