• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Marvel

could never
xWRBF6i.jpg

That car needs more Bork.

USL99Cu.gif

Ultratech

Battleground Predictions (Because why not?)

-R-Truth vs King Barrett: Please kill this feud now...Barrett will probably win though.
-Orton vs Sheamus: I'm not terribly vested in this match, so it could go either way. I'll go with Orton.
-Reigns vs Wyatt: Another feud that needs to die as well. Reigns will probably have this barring some fuckery.
-Tag Team Title Match - PTP vs TND: Should be pretty decent. PTP likely retains.
-US Title Match - Owens vs Cena: If the last few matches are anything to go by, should be awesome. I'm gonna go with Owens on this one, despite the ever-looming LOL CENA WINS.
-WWE Title Match - Lesnar vs Rollins: Ugh...I'm mixed on this match, because there will almost certainly be some fuckery afoot and will set us up for Summerslam. (As such, Rollins will retain. Though we all know Lesnar could easily ravage him.)

Kane is selling his house. Nocturnowl now is your chance

800k seems cheap for this house

http://www.realtor.com/news/celebri...ne-tells-us-why-he-is-selling-tennessee-home/

Wow, that place looks real nice.

Must be some cheap land or something over there, because 800k seems pretty cheap for a place like that.
(Or at least compared to a similar-looking place in Texas, which would cost you tons more.)

Tennessee is pretty nice county though, if really hilly. Haven't been in well over a decade.

Fox318

Battleground Predictions

-R-Truth vs King Barrett: R-Truth wins and Barrett is future endeavored
-Orton vs Sheamus: Orton because Sheamus has the case
-Reigns vs Wyatt: Reigns DQ win when Luke Harper runs in
-Tag Team Title Match - PTP vs TND: New Day wins since they are more over and Titus is the only one really doing anything in the PTP.
-US Title Match - Owens vs Cena: Owens wins via DQ after Rusev or Cesaro run in to save Cena.

Keeping the Belt on Cena is the smart move. Owens doesn't need the win as much as people say he does.
-WWE Title Match - Lesnar vs Rollins:

I honestly think they see Lesnar as too hot to not give him a clean win. Rollins may have made every raw and every house show but his program with Kane dragged him down. He isn't a draw.

Taker then tries to help Sheamus cash in but Sting prevents it.

man rollin is a really bad song. i hadn't listened to it since it came out, just realised how fred durst plagiarises every popular rapper around in his empty verses. fuck i hope undertaker never uses that theme again. i know he's a biker but shit, he's much cooler than THAT song

limp bizkit is an american treasure. that song is a classic, how dare you

Fox318

So, booking time: How do you keep the U.S Title relevant after Cena?

long matches every week.

Open challenge every week

Unscripted/bulletpoint promos every week

SIMPLE stories about dudes who want to beat up other dudes. Make it seem like the belt gets a monetary bonus and people want it.

njean777

Going to watch tonight, haven't watched anything in about 3 months. Been super busy, but kept up with wwe through raw results, gaf, and squared circle. Should be a fun show tonight.

Simple. Just keep giving it top of the hour/main event segments and have it treated with the same care.

long matches every week.

Open challenge every week

Unscripted/bulletpoint promos every week

SIMPLE stories about dudes who want to beat up other dudes. Make it seem like the belt gets a monetary bonus and people want it.

It is pretty easy. One could say the IC title could be treated the same way.

1. Bring back the GOAT.

WCW_United_States_Heavyweight_Championship.png

2. Keep it simple like they have been. Guy has belt, other guys want belt.

3. Cesaro, owens, Rusev,neville as the main people for the belt

So why is hyped as hell for tonight!? No idea what's going to happen for the first time in ages and it's actually so refreshing to not know blah is winning or how somebody is coming back. I can only hope we get a Shield reunion as a face team though, the nuclear reaction will be killer. Rollins as a face champion he'll kill it I think.

Fox318

Has word come in yet that Seth is going over? I need to know before I drop $9.99 on this show.

If Brock wasn't so hot I'd honestly say Seth should go over clean but Brock should never lose to somebody who is already established in some way.

Brock should be used like Mr. T at this point. Have him be the draw for casual fans and the guy he does beat looks like a star.

People who see the guy look good in the ring against Lesnar (Somebody like Cesaro, Big E, Dean Ambrose, Finn Baylor, Sami Zayn)

It is pretty easy. One could say the IC title could be treated the same way.
IC program they are trying it but they have the wrong talent in the match.

Big Show and Miz do nothing to make anyone look better today.

Ryback getting hurt might help his push. It gives him some babyface sympathy and he would have probably dropped the belt to Miz because they would want a title change on the program.

DMczaf

Per Meltzer: Summerslam commercial has been cut, and it hints at the main event (or one of the main event matches) being
Sting vs Bray Wyatt

why

They really need to brand split rather than combine the titles to be honest. The roster is so large and the people called up from NXT can be used more meaningfully. Plus you can let somebody like Ambrose be a champ and main event a show week in and week out which given his popularity he needs to do rather than either main event or do absolutely nothing!

Plus you can split the writing team in half for each show too, less cooks in the kitchen the better!

Fox318

Per Meltzer: Summerslam commercial has been cut, and it hints at the main event (or one of the main event matches) being
Sting vs Bray Wyatt

why

Because they suddenly realized that Wyatt needs a win badly and Vince feels Sting is jobable because he didn't create Sting and he's getting back at Turner somehow.

Zach

Just looked at the card on Wikipedia.

R-Truth vs. King Barrett

Eh.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
What? Why?

Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Now we're cooking with fire.

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) (c) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods)
Slightly interested.

John Cena (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Oooh. I look forward to the outcome.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
The wind is officially out of my sails.

No Dolph? Or Rusev? Or Stardust? Or Ambrose? Or NXT ladies that I saw debuted on RAW? Or other guys I'm probably missing?

Hmmmm...

So why is hyped as hell for tonight!? No idea what's going to happen for the first time in ages and it's actually so refreshing to not know blah is winning or how somebody is coming back. I can only hope we get a Shield reunion as a face team though, the nuclear reaction will be killer. Rollins as a face champion he'll kill it I think.

Yeah I'm pretty pumped up. I'm actually interested in watching more than one of the matches so that's good. Although I guess even so there are still Sheamus and Reigns matches to sit through before the good stuff happens!

Considering they aren't using the women at all, or Rusev, Cesaro and Neville or some of their other good low profile guys, they still have 3 matches I want to actually watch.

Fox318

They really need to brand split rather than combine the titles to be honest. The roster is so large and the people called up from NXT can be used more meaningfully. Plus you can let somebody like Ambrose be a champ and main event a show week in and week out which given his popularity he needs to do rather than either main event or do absolutely nothing!

Plus you can split the writing team in half for each show too, less cooks in the kitchen the better!

They have nowhere near the roster size to do a brand split with the number of shows they run.

NXT works because they can protect guys from getting overexposed and the crowd (for the most part) is rabid enough to cover boring parts.

You put those guys in a 3 hour raw with Dunn production and Vince lead commentary it will suck.

A brand split now would require that they double the roster size.

The other rumor is
Brock vs taker

Which I also question

I don't see that happening at all to be honest. They'll keep them apart, more likely to get HHH/Rollins in that role. Hell they could easily go Shield v Taker/Kane/Lesnar with Heyman getting sided with the Shield. No coincidence that Ambrose has nothing to treading water and Reigns' feud with Wyatt could be taken from him and they go Sting/Wyatt for SS. Everyone's involved then...

Zach

Yeah I'm pretty pumped up. I'm actually interested in watching more than one of the matches so that's good. Although I guess even so there are still Sheamus and Reigns matches to sit through before the good stuff happens!

Considering they aren't using the women at all, or Rusev, Cesaro and Neville or some of their other good low profile guys, they still have 3 matches I want to actually watch.

Oh yeah! No Cesaro or Neville?? ;_;

Edit: Oh, I guess there are a lot of rumors floating around, so tonight could be fun? I'm not going to read anything, but now I'm a little more excited. :D

Top Bottom