• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Evo or Battleground?

73IY65N.gif

I think I know my answer

Zach

<3 Chad Gable

That interview segment where whatshisface finally decided to let Gable be his partner was excellent. Gable was so creepy and silly.

Kaladin

That huge pop when Banks, Lynch, and Charlotte came out on Monday, and they have nothing to do tonight.

Fucking bullshit!

Via PWINSIDER

WWE NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becky Lynch were all brought into St. Louis for the WWE Battleground PPV, so it appears they may be involved in a segment on the show. With the Intercontinental championship bout pulled from the show due to Ryback's injury, WWE certainly has time to fill on the show.

Haha yeah, I'm kind of counting down the hours til B-Ground over here.

So what the heck, here are my guesses for tonight:

Lesnar v Rollins - Rollins wins via interference
PTP vs New Day - clean win for PTP
Owens vs Cena - Cena wins clean
Sheamus vs Orton - don't care, but Sheamus
Reigns vs Wyatt - Reigns wins clean

Totally happy to be wrong about any of that! That isn't what I want to see happen but it's what I kind of expect.

I'm thinking Lesnar via DQ, New Day, Owens, Orton and Reigns. The card really needs another match to fill it up. Hopefully an NXT divas match or possibly Cesaro v Rusev again but it'll most likely be Show vs Miz for #1 contender or a tag match with the Ascension.

Let's hope that happens. Even if it's just Team Bella vs. one of the other teams, I would be thrilled. Or give us a Charlotte/Banks one-on-one match, and watch them tear the house down.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't do Charlotte vs. Sasha for a while. Build to that as your biggest match. Hell, build to it for Mania. Make it a huge deal when it first happens.

I think the best showcase would be Becky vs. Sasha.

Fox318

Kevin Dunn is gonna convince Vince that the Divas brand is worth protecting and the Bellas are gonnna bury the NXT women.

Aiii

So not worth it
That huge pop when Banks, Lynch, and Charlotte came out on Monday, and they have nothing to do tonight.

Fucking bullshit!

So what if they don't? They are in a program for SummerSlam, so does it really matter if they have a match at a PPV that will focus completely on two other big events? No.

NoRéN

If it was up to me, I wouldn't do Charlotte vs. Sasha for a while. Build to that as your biggest match. Hell, build to it for Mania. Make it a huge deal when it first happens.

I think the best showcase would be Becky vs. Sasha.

Unfortunately it's not up to you so I don't have my hopes up. But, let's hope we're surprised.

They really need to retire the Divas name and call it the Women's division, Women's title. Until they do that, they haven't changed the fundamental problem in how they present women on the show. I see why they would continue it past the point when it was a good idea (it never was, but y'know), because maybe they've got various branding commitments and merch they want to ride out, but the promotion of several NXT folks is a perfect time for them to rename the division and belt.

It's a complete embarrassment the way it is. We're all pretty much in agreement on that, right?

They really need to retire the Divas name and call it the Women's division, Women's title. Until they do that, they haven't changed the fundamental problem in how they present women on the show. I see why they would continue it past the point when it was a good idea (it never was, but y'know), because maybe they've got various branding commitments and merch they want to ride out, but the promotion of several NXT folks is a perfect time for them to rename the division and belt.

It's a complete embarrassment at the moment.

They do it for the same reason they call their guys "Superstars". They want a branding that they can claim is theirs. "Women" isn't a branding.

That was a one week shot. This is, supposedly, permanent.

They do it for the same reason they call their guys "Superstars". They want a branding that they can claim is theirs. "Women" isn't a branding.

Yeah I get that, so if they MUST have a brand for them, choose one that builds them up not one which likens them to melodramatic attention hogs and portrays them as 'crazy' in a dismissive way, y'know? It's got to change. Why can't they all just be superstars, and I think you can do a 'women's championship' belt as merch, hell they did it for years before when the company was a lot worse about women.

I don't mean to just rant about it, cos it is way better than when I was a kid, but this Divas thing really sticks in my craw.

Fox318

That was a one week shot. This is, supposedly, permanent.

If Kevin Dunn can convince Vince to have a network attraction and champion with the belt lose in a 2 minute match in her hometown then he can convince Vince of anything.

If Kevin Dunn can convince Vince to have a network attraction and champion with the belt lose in a 2 minute match in her hometown then he can convince Vince of anything.

My point is that Hunter and Steph are pushing this whole change thing way, way more than they were that one match.

DMczaf

Not a fan of Jason Jordan doing The Brock Jig near the ring apron, and then not being able to leap up to the ring.

Waste of a Brock Jig.

The car continuing its dominating screentime run tonight

rPO3T7C.jpg

Been on screen more than 75% of the talent this month

They need to do Charlotte/Sasha somewhere that isn't in North Carolina, because if they do it there she doesn't stand a chance of winning or losing in smart fashion. Wrestling has a ridiculous fetish for making Flairs look bad in North Carolina.

Fox318

rPO3T7C.jpg

They need to do Charlotte/Sasha somewhere that isn't in North Carolina, because if they do it there she doesn't stand a chance of winning or losing in smart fashion. Wrestling has a ridiculous fetish for making Flairs look bad in North Carolina.

How fucking crazy is it that Vince gets a hard on for guys losing in their hometown to get heat in the heel?

Guess what people love rooting for the hometown guy and it almost always gets them over as fuck

That's kind of why I didn't have a problem with Steph putting herself in the intro of the NXT women coming up. She's a goddamn McMahon, and the most powerful woman in story and probably real life in the business, so she should be present in the women's storylines as an authority figure (there's no getting around that word huh) the way Triple H is for the men's main feuds - dipping in and out, sometimes having a match, that kinda stuff. She also actually wants the women's stuff to get better, right? She's made tweets in that vein before.

How fucking crazy is it that Vince gets a hard on for guys losing in their hometown to get heat in the heel?

Guess what people love rooting for the hometown guy and it almost always gets them over as fuck

The only exception I can think of that comes to mind is Trish winning her retirement match in Canada. Which was countered by Lita losing her retirement match, and then crying inring as Cryme Tyme sold her shit (including a vibrator).

The reason I specified "wrestling loves making the Flairs look bad in NC" and not "Vince does" is WCW also did that stupid shit. I think David turning on Ric to cost him a match, Ric faking a stroke, and Ric getting institutionalized all happened in NC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather have Lita's retirement where I put over the new face of the division instead of Trish's selfish retirement.

Ithil

rPO3T7C.jpg

Well they dropped 50k on that car to destroy it, might as well get their money's worth of screentime.

The Battleground Card is dire.

Come on, it's PPV night! Let's have a little positivity and then we can all moan when the results come in.
is this true? Jesus fuckin Christ Vince

That comes from squaredcircle as far as I know, and it's been pointed out over there it is based on a Meltzer comment about them telling the commentary team not to call him Wade anymore cos he's King Barrett now. Not that Vince banned the name Wade universally.

Aiii

So not worth it
is this true? Jesus fuckin Christ Vince

Wasn't everyone complaining about silly random generator names? Now they're getting rid of them for gimmick names and it still isn't good?

Cesaro > Antonio Cesaro. King > Wade.

Fox318

This should have been a thing :(. I rather see this getting defended than the US title....

If Cena wasn't defending the belt

If they really wanted to make the King of the Ring mean something it would have the person earn a titleshot.

Top Bottom