• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
They have nowhere near the roster size to do a brand split with the number of shows they run.

NXT works because they can protect guys from getting overexposed and the crowd (for the most part) is rabid enough to cover boring parts.

You put those guys in a 3 hour raw with Dunn production and Vince lead commentary it will suck.

A brand split now would require that they double the roster size.

What? RAW back to two hours obviously included but consider the "main event/upper card talent" that you can divide between two shows. Then a few new stars up from NXT, it can work. Plus you can also have the occasional match in Main Event/Superstars that can can bring some interest to those shows by having a RAW/SD guy face off on there. Co-PPV's and then split two world titles, US/IC and keep the ladies and tag teams on both shows and one title.

Unsurprising considering what's happened recently, but still RIP Wade

Confirmed that Barrett's a victim of the "no 2 names" thing, that's why he was given Bad News, and then when he stopped giving it to opponents, why he was given King

Entropia

No One Remembers
Per Meltzer: Summerslam commercial has been cut, and it hints at the main event (or one of the main event matches) being
Sting vs Bray Wyatt

why

Pretty much my reaction:
d9mq69H.gif

Just looked at the card on Wikipedia.

R-Truth vs. King Barrett

Eh.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
What? Why?

Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Now we're cooking with fire.

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) (c) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods)
Slightly interested.

John Cena (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Oooh. I look forward to the outcome.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
The wind is officially out of my sails.

No Dolph? Or Rusev? Or Stardust? Or Ambrose? Or NXT ladies that I saw debuted on RAW? Or other guys I'm probably missing?

Hmmmm...

What's the R-Truth match about?

Bray Wyatt is surpassing Sheamus levels of "why do they keep giving this guy top shit?"

Sheamus is a great brawler who can actually have great matches, his WHC run a couple of years back was great. Wyatt sucks and hasn't actually done anything or evolved since his debut and Harper is actually 10x better. Let's be fair here.

Also Limp Bizkit are awesome. People plz.

Fox318

Bray Wyatt is surpassing Sheamus levels of "why do they keep giving this guy top shit?"

Because Bray has the family connections and above all he is the biggest example of turing a shitty Vince/Johnny Ace creation and making him into a top merch seller who was credible enough to wrestle Cena and Undertaker at mania

I'm sure HHH hasn't convinced Bray to get a big win over anyone except Ambrose (whom they seem bitter about him being far more over than Reigns.

Bray is the single biggest example of what NXT can do to reinvent a performer.

RP912

Banned
I'm sorry but the card tonight looks like shit. I want to be positive about the whole ordeal, but damn it's like the ppv missing some seasoning.

Fox318

I'm sorry but the card tonight looks like shit. I want to be positive about the whole ordeal, but damn it's like the ppv missing some seasoning.

Shame is this is a more important card for them considering they have to release network numbers after this show.

Just looked at the card on Wikipedia.

R-Truth vs. King Barrett

Eh.

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
What? Why?

Seth Rollins (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Now we're cooking with fire.

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) (c) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods)
Slightly interested.

John Cena (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Oooh. I look forward to the outcome.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
The wind is officially out of my sails.

No Dolph? Or Rusev? Or Stardust? Or Ambrose? Or NXT ladies that I saw debuted on RAW? Or other guys I'm probably missing?

Hmmmm...

Dolph's filming WWE Studios trash and thus out until near Summerslam, which kinda also hamstrings Rusev in terms of what he's able to do (any feud he has basically can only last 3 weeks max before he has to go back to Dolph/Lana)

Aiii

So not worth it
I do hope Soulplaya saved his money...
- Realtor.com has an article about Kane selling his 78-acre estate in Jefferson City, TN. Kane is selling the estate, which features a three-bedroom contemporary home, for $800,000. The 6,924-square-foot home sits on a hill at the end of a quarter-mile-long driveway and features a koi pond, swimming pool, trails for biking, four-wheeling, and horseback riding, a game room and a detached 2,400-square-foot garage that doubles as a fully equipped gym. Kane is selling the home because he and his wife own an Allstate insurance agency in Knoxville and they're relocating because of the hour-long commute.

Kaladin

Kane-aerial.jpg

I could live with that. He's even got it hooked up with solar panels which is something I want to look into for any home I buy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chad Gable was fantastic on NXT by the way, and I hope Heel doesn't find out about him and jinxes his future career prospects.

It's not even midnight...

Haha yeah, I'm kind of counting down the hours til B-Ground over here.

So what the heck, here are my guesses for tonight:

Lesnar v Rollins - Rollins wins via interference
PTP vs New Day - clean win for PTP
Owens vs Cena - Cena wins clean
Sheamus vs Orton - don't care, but Sheamus
Reigns vs Wyatt - Reigns wins clean

Totally happy to be wrong about any of that! That isn't what I want to see happen but it's what I kind of expect.

Top Bottom