• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Unused KOTR belt

gLWBfsq.jpg
Ugly. Looks like Medieval Times.

but then you'd have the rumble, money in the bank and KOTR all giving the same reward. seems like too much. like at the moment i just want to forget sheamus is gonna cash in at some point in the next year.

This should have been a thing :(. I rather see this getting defended than the US title....

If Cena wasn't defending the belt

Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V (RIP :[) had it made after his win, and it was specifically not used on TV because he had it made, WWE didn't make it, and he didn't ask Papa Vince for permission before requesting it be made by the third party.

It's a comforting story for when you wonder if it's only been recently that people trying to get over on their own have been brushed off if not outright punished for it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I skip so much of WWE I honestly think I haven't seen a single second of Sheamus since MITB. Totally forgot he had the briefcase lol.

RP912

Banned
Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V (RIP :[) had it made after his win, and it was specifically not used on TV because he had it made, WWE didn't make it, and he didn't ask Papa Vince for permission before requesting it be made by the third party.

It's a comforting story for when you wonder if it's only been recently that people trying to get over on their own have been brushed off if not outright punished for it.

This is why Mabel saved the WWF from sinking in 1995. Dude improvised and paved the way for wrestlers to go against the grain like Zack Ryder. People don't give him enough credit for carrying the WWF from ingrates like the Kliq.

dream

I never understood why you all dislike Sheamus. He's got a good look, is a good promo, and works a modified American Strong Style that makes you believe he's legit tough. I think he's a far more credible top heel than Seth Rollins.

miserable

Wasn't everyone complaining about silly random generator names? Now they're getting rid of them for gimmick names and it still isn't good?

Cesaro > Antonio Cesaro. King > Wade.

at this rate pretty soon we'll see only Owens because by Vince logic people might confuse him with Kevin Nash

I never understood why you all dislike Sheamus. He's got a good look, is a good promo, and works a modified American Strong Style that makes you believe he's legit tough. I think he's a far more credible top heel than Seth Rollins.

For me it's probably cos I'm Scottish, which is close in the cultural spectrum to Irish, and the way Sheamus is defined 100% by his Irishness makes me think of how bad a Scottish WWE superstar would probably be, so I just tune him out.

Ring wise he's fine, but he's never really impressed me. His paleness is at least unique amongst the roster but it isn't really enough.

The prospect of him feuding for and then holding the title is just really boring to me.

therein lies the problem, American Strong Style from an Irishman? That's a Cognitive Dissonance™

I love Sheamus for all those reasons. That said, from the second he won MITB, I've agreed with people saying he was the worst choice.

Even in the match, everyone else had a storyline where a win would have made sense. Sheamus just came back, should have had the IC title instead (was changed at the last second for a guy who's already gotten hurt, so he dodged a bullet of a curse there at least), and has a movie he'll be able to promote in less than a full calendar year when he inevitably cashes in. And when he cashes in, he'll win because the company loves him and won't let him be "only other guy than Sandow to lose cashin cleanly"

RP912

Banned

Barrett did the gimmick better because dude backed his shit up. Sheamus can put on a good match when he feels like it, but that's about it.

sheamus-runs-o.gif

Credible top heel LMAO

Sheamus has been a top 5 to top 10 worker in the WWE for the past few years, but he's never been in the main event of a ROH show, has muscles, wins too many matches, and is Triple H's gym buddy, so he's "boring" and "pushed down our throats."

I mean he's okay, he's just really boring. Admittedly he is better in his current incarnation with the crazy celtic beard thing he's got going on, and his theme isn't bad. Sounds like an evil Irish guy is coming to get you, has a hint of mythology about it, but all of that is still 'this guy is Irish' which isn't enough for me.

The only nationality that works as your whole gimmick is Russian, I think. I don't know why that is but Rusev is our current example, even though he's openly a Bulgarian on the show.

dream

I think Wade Barrett is fine. He's just saddled with a kiss of death gimmick, and is programmed with Ron Killings, whom WWE should have cut 5 years ago but can't because he's probably the kind of person who would scream racial discrimination.

I think Wade Barrett is fine. He's just saddled with a kiss of death gimmick, and is programmed with Ron Killings, whom WWE should have cut 5 years ago but can't because he's probably the kind of person who would scream racial discrimination.

You can get with this.
Or you can get with that
You better get with this
Cuz' this is where its at
What's up!!!

MC Safety

So watching this week's NXT, did Baron Corbin turn heel?

He did a promotional where he said he won real championships and made more money than everyone else, then said he didn't care when the fans booed him.

I always thought he was popular with the fans, but I guess he is dastardly and hated.

Stone Cold likes Barrett and thinks he should be doing a lot better than he has been, and I'm inclined to trust Stone Cold's judgment on that kind of thing. I think he brought it up with Vince while he was asking why Cesaro wasn't being given a better spot.

Also Barrett was getting over with the Bad News gimmick, which is still by far his best gimmick, and they nerfed it because they wanted him as a heel. So now he's still a heel and nobody gives a shit rather than him a heel and people kind of liking him.

RP912

Banned
The reason why Wade is so bad currently is because dude is a walking liability case. Every time Wade gets a push, he gets injured. Dude had one of the best gimmicks of all time and the next thing we know...he's on the shelf :(.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like people talk about Erick Rowan not being a good wrestler, but I don't see one thing from Wade that makes him any better. Outside of people being impressed where he has 'lets stiff each other' matches with Sheamus which got REALLY old REALLY fast.

He also wrestles like a big guy despite the fact that he can't bulk which is never a good look.

Wade chose to give a career to all those other NXT nerds instead of getting a title shot after winning. He just doesn't have that killer instinct we need in a main eventer. He's got to realize that it's singles competition and their can be only ONE WWE world heavyweight champion. /wwe pre-show

Ithil

He did a promotional where he said he won real championships and made more money than everyone else, then said he didn't care when the fans booed him.

I always thought he was popular with the fans, but I guess he is dastardly and hated.

He was for a while, but he's being doing basically the exact same squash match for 10 months now, the crowd have gotten sick of his shtick.

I decided to take a stroll down Wikipedia lane after my last post and I see the WCW's Power Plant page has been vandalized and neglected.

The WCW Power Plant is a former professional wrestling school located at 1030 Carrol Drive in Atlanta, Georgia and owned and operated by World Championship Wrestling. The Power Plant, which was developed from a school was in operation throughout the 1990s. It stopped holding jerk off contests in December 1999 and closed in March 2001 when WCW's asses were sold to the World Wildlife foundation.

klonere

Banned
Like people talk about Erick Rowan not being a good wrestler, but I don't see one thing from Wade that makes him any better. Outside of people being impressed where he has 'lets stiff each other' matches with Sheamus which got REALLY old REALLY fast.

He also wrestles like a big guy despite the fact that he can't bulk which is never a good look.

I don't get it. He's a tall, incredibly cut up dude. I get his in ring is uninspiring and he's fragile like Michael Owen but surely his look is something that can't really be criticized.

RP912

Banned
In many ways, Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus is this generation's version of Steve Regal vs. Dave Finlay.

I just wish they would have shoot harder to the point of a broken nose. Finley/Regal matches were amazing because they didn't give a fuck about Turners censorship. They helped WCW Uncensored lived by the name.

dream

I don't get it. He's a tall, incredibly cut up dude. I get his in ring is uninspiring and he's fragile like Michael Owen but surely his look is something that can't really be criticized.

Agreed. RKO is by far the most gorgeous wrestler in WWE, with Fin being a close second, but Wade is in the conversation as well.

Top Bottom