• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Those indie posters are depressing

The reality of 99% of the kids wanting to make it is that's as good as it gets, you could be the next Cousin Cletus.

Seems there are more roads in now but it's still a minute chance at best of making it big.

Fox318

Those indie posters are depressing

The reality of 99% of the kids wanting to make it is that's as good as it gets, you could be the next Cousin Cletus.

Seems there are more roads in now but it's still a minute chance at best of making it big.

kYtrAD8.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You weren't wrong about Her Story. Blew my goddamn mind.

Cagey

Banned
Catching up on NXT. The Fat Shaming of Bull Dempsey by the Coward William Regal continues to be gripping television. Either he needs to own it and pack on the pounds or disappear for a year and come back a Greek god.

Fox318

Watching a 98 raw.

My god the authority is a shitty version of Vinny Mac, Bossman, Brisco and Paterson.

The fucking heat and the crowd noise man compared to today.

Fucking hell even the number of signs in the crowd.

Rock is so fucking fly with that belt and shirt.

Ithil

It's amazing to try and consider their thought process if that is true:

"Conor McGregor is an Irish MMA fighter that's super over because of his charisma and trash talking in promotion for his fights"

"Well, Sheamus is Irish. That must be the same thing"

Coketruck

Anyone around these parts play Ori and the Blind Forest? Pretty excited about it being on sale next week. I hope it's as good as I hear.

It's really good, but I stopped playing it after a bug caused me to lose hours of progress (the game wasn't recognizing when players manually saved). I think they've patched that, and I'll go back to it eventually, but I'm still pissed off enough to avoid it for a while longer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are people kicking Maria in the face? :(

dream

Yeesh, Kevin Owens took Fin's finisher like a wuss. How you gonna roll and take the stomp on your shoulder when you got a gut like that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Worm, on a regular in between ppv RAW, would get a louder pop than anything besides a MitB cash in or a super Daniel Bryan moment from 2 years ago.

Kane when he joins the fight in the highest rated main event of all time makes the world shutter. Kane in 1999? 2000!

Hot periods are amazing. WWF got that from when Hogan won the belt until Warrior lost it. Jake as a low carder would get an immense pop when he did the lasso. There are headlocks that get a better pop than the biggest of indie moves do when busted out.

I can point to the biggest pop in US wrestling history though, it's Linda McMahon getting out of her wheelchair. Perfect casting for her acting skills, making her comatose.

Fox318

Man WWE pre-what chants and pre-"This is Awesome" chants

I swear man there should be a movement to by fans to punch people who what chant in the face

Jopie

Man WWE pre-what chants and pre-"This is Awesome" chants

I swear man there should be a movement to by fans to punch people who what chant in the face

I still prefer "WHAT?" to "you fuxked up, you fuxked up"

I hate that damn chant.

tm24

An indy in mexico is doing a submission match between Ray Rowe and Barbaro Cavenario. I would pay for that match

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mike Tyson saved the WWF. It's pretty much a set in stone fact. If WCW had gotten him, it would have been bad. 1997 WWF had basically the same roster that would win them the war in 1998 and 1999 but had the ratings of Today's WWE in an era with much less on TV. The B show WCW ran against Wrestlemania XIII beat it handily. USA was going to cancel RAW...until Tyson inked that deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maya Angelou cut the most scathing promo on Tupac and set that boy right.
Mike Tyson saved the WWF. It's pretty much a set in stone fact. If WCW had gotten him, it would have been bad. 1997 WWF had basically the same roster that would win them the war in 1998 and 1999 but had the ratings of Today's WWE in an era with much less on TV. The B show WCW ran against Wrestlemania XIII beat it handily. USA was going to cancel RAW...until Tyson inked that deal.
We talked about it before, but in a different world, he'd have been an amazing pro wrestler. No one had more aura in the 90s.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm almost done with 1996 Nitros. I think I prefer the one hour episodes for the most part, but the two hour Nitros bring along the much better broadcast team of Schiavone and Zbysko for hour one. Besides overuse of the New World Odor line they are really quite decent. I only started watching Nitro in the three hour era when Zbysko sucked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of the Network, that reminds me. How insane is it that it doesn't have playlists? Or even a feature where if I click Starcade 96 it has a link to the Nitro before and the Nitro after.

Fox318

I still prefer "WHAT?" to "you fuxked up, you fuxked up"

I hate that damn chant.

I remember seeing an ECW show with 2 guys doing spot after spot for crazy shit and 5 minutes into the insane spotfest a guy misses a kick and the you fucked up chants start.

I still think the What chants are worse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Asshole was overplayed though. It got replaced by What..which ended up being useful a number of years later when they went PG! #Followthemoney.

Barrage

Miz killed it on Tough Talk once again. Push him to the World Title scene again,we didn't appreciate it when we had it.

#hatemenow

Top Bottom